Reverance of an Endangered People, The Stone Elves

Shen [he/him]

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Marshal
As many are aware, just a brisk walk to the north west is a larger than life Solid Marble statue upon marble pedestal. At the time of discovery, the attached placard held a reverence for a Sacrafice - which we at the time did not yet know or understand.

As the Wild Magic Storms be related Seperatly.... not long after they began to rage they equally began to grow and expand. It was a large and ever present danger that if left to its own course may have havok'd the known world if not outright destroyed it.

The Stone Elves devised a method to abate the storm and contain its fury. As a people they ammased, and with a combined cooperative effort dispelled the worst of the Storm to the individual, smaller, wondering storm cells much like we experienced. Additionally, the storm was prevented from expanding further than it already had - roughly 1-2 miles in every direction, the "lake" at its epicenter. - the "lake" being that body of "water" directly south of our tavern.

In so doing, there are a number of Stone Elves around this blighted land who appear simply frozen in time as if in stasis that has never ended for as long as can be remembered.

It is universally understood to not meddle with the Stone Elves who are in such stasis. The monument we discovered was in their memory and the memory of those Stone Elves who didn't survive. It is said, as a point of unknown conjecture/myth/legend that these stasis Stone Elves continue to battle and contain the wild magic storm, even in their current state. Everyone, everywhere owes their safety and life to them. No one, not even the most evil or diabolical, plants and animals instinctually leave the Stasis Stone Elves in peace.

To meddle or disrupt those in stasis, is to invite anyone who discovers those actions to hunt you until death.

Equally, Wild Magic is a confluence and cascading force of any and all known energies and thus is not a aspect or type of magic that is studied, by anyone, ever. To do so is such a taboo, again not even the most evil or diabolical have ever done so. Any gossip or rumor about someone attempting such things leads to being hunted, interrogated, and if needed killed

Now, my source would never have been so goche or as uncivilized as to come right out and say that either event would be led to finality of Death... but I was raised by politicians and I know a death threat when I hear one.

I was not informed how many stasis Stone Elves exist, only that they will appear as people, dressed "normally" and simply seem frozen in time.

I equally was not told the number of memorials we may encounter, only that they would be found all around the world. Everyone "globally" celebrates, mourns, and venerates their sacrifice in the truest since of the word - to make sacred.

I equally got the impression / suspicion that different Kingdoms may honor them with celebrations, festivals, or general "holidays"

These are customs we will need to learn more about and as new "citizens" will be expected to have a degree of at minimum respect. Participating in such memorials or civil functions would also likely go a long way in building and entrusting good will.

Back