Ritual Scroll Pricing

So I have heard a lot of back in forth in various chapters about how much one Ritual Scroll is worth from another. That the market for them is very much a buyers choice because they are often so specialized and have a high price point.

So instead of trying to get into a debate or find a normalized market value for these items I am looking for people to give me an idea as to how much THEY would pay for various Rituals Scrolls or what they think might be a fair trade? If you could list either your home chapter or the chapter that you would buy said scroll in that will help a lot.

*Side note this is also to assist in an economics paper on developing markets in controlled resource environments.*

I play in Oregon and Seattle.

Honestly it all depends on the scroll, whether or not one is available from a friend, LCO or Restricted, and numerous other factors.

Of course, catalysts and catalyst scrolls (Regens, Spirit Forges, Race Changes) tend to go for more, in my experience. But what is always, always, *always* priced very highly are extenders. Preserves go for 80 - 100 gold and Permanences for much more.

As a side note, a catalyst for a Permanence scroll went for 535 gold at the last Oregon game. Yes, five-hundred and thirty-five; that was not a typo.

Last edited:
In SoMN I have noticed that availability of coin determines price more than demand. It's still a newer chapter with many new players (less than two years of playing), which has a direct impact on treasure policy and the flow of coin, or lack thereof, especially for high price items. At town auctions, it is not unheard of to see lco ritual scrolls going for 10-20 gold when they would easily be 50+ gold in older chapters. For example, in the spring of this past year, I bought an Arcane Armor scroll for 14 Gold. Scrolls that are able to "travel the mists" often go for double, triple, or more the price of lco scrolls because of this.

It really all depends on the market. If the game is flooding with arcane armor for some reason, sometimes I can see it barely even going for anything. But if it's been a while since an arcane has been discovered or available. I've seen an arcane go for 50+ gold. Also depends who needs it. I mean it's fair to say a permanence will also go for over 100 and preserve go for over 60 plus. And that's for traveling.

Lcos are usually half as noted above.

That's my experience

It also depends on how long people have time to gather resources.

I think in planned town auctions announced months in advance, I have heard of a spirit forge catalyst going for 100+ gold for just the catalyst. At the last Seattle auction that was announced closer to 16 hours in advance, 2 full Spirit Forge sets auctioned off for 50 gold

Back