Rocks? (Cross post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheakhan

Adept
Posted this in my chapter, then realized the answer probably wasn't any different between chapters. probably.
For rocks (as throwing weapons/waylay widgets) how does one go about acquiring them IG? They are not on the merchant list (that I know of) and cannot be created via blacksmith (or are not listed as such).
Intuition tells me that if I want a rock, I show up to logistics with a phys. rep and ask for a tag, as rocks obviously aren't a difficult thing to find, but I don't want to make assumptions.

There aren't "just" rocks anymore (there used to be a thing where you could have an untagged rock that did 1 damage), but you can have a rock phys-rep tagged as a thrown weapon, in which case a blacksmith could make you a thrown weapon tag. Pretend you get a big rock and ask a blacksmith to hammer it into a nice round shape for you or something.

According to the rules ruling, you can have untagged waylay rocks at no cost. They cannot be used as a thrown weapon unless they have a thrown weapon tag though.

What is the cost for that? (production and otherwise) as it's not listed on the production list for blacksmith. Interestingly, neither are any other types of thrown weapons save for javelins, but I'm sure that's not a big deal.

Throwing dagger: 5 pp (1 level). There's just generic thrown weapons, there's no differentiation between daggers/hatchets/rocks/other stuff you can throw for production purposes.

(Edit: although when you have the tags printed they can say whatever you want if they're for a specific phys-rep, e.g. thrown weapon, throwing dagger/knife, throwing axe, etc.)

Last edited:
When weapon construction got changed in the most recent edition of the rules, I guess the Blacksmith production table didn't catch up. It should probably say "Thrown Weapon" instead of throwing dagger and "Heavy Thrown Weapon" instead of javelin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back