Romani

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Hi everyone while I was reading this months National Geographic I came across an article titled Befriend by the Romanis. There are captions that belong to each photo I thought that it might be useful so here is the link:

http://nigeldickinson.com/gallery/search.php

Amanda

that had a cool pic of a romani wagon!

That is neat! I got so many wardrobe ideas! I like that Alliance has an existing culture that I can copy from.

enslin.com/rae/gypsy/camps.htm

I am so excited to build my own!!! I never knew it was actually that do-able!!!

enjoy!

I actually have Romani blood in my family tree. It was really cool to ask my grand-parents about. If you guys need costume help or racial questions answered, ask me! I'm totaly up for helping out. After all, My Mother's a gypsy! ( I'm honestly not kidding either, sadly enough)

My husband taught me a few Latin phrases to mangle from time to time for dramatic effect although my Rom plays off of that "they originally came from Egypt" type-schtick.

The language my famillis speaks is a bit of italian, twisted up with words of our own, and it's a really neat sound to hear.

Baronne said:
My husband taught me a few Latin phrases to mangle from time to time for dramatic effect although my Rom plays off of that "they originally came from Egypt" type-schtick.

That's exactly why I threw in some Arabic and some other mid-eastern languages like Turkish, Pashto, Aramaic, Farsi, Hebrew, and Urdu.

I've never even HEARD of some of those languages! That's SO COOL!

They were a pain in the butt to find accurate translations. Awesome once put together, though. A nice creole.

Back