Rumbling through the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic

Baron
The cold of winter lets up for a bit in the capital. Spring is nearly here with grass peaking out from its winter blanket and trees lean to start their cycle of growth.

Creaking down the main street of Calanhelm, a large wagon train rolls along. Several citizens stand in stare at the unusual site. Written across the side of each wagon is "Giovanni's Wonders and Horrors". Pulled by several oxen and horses the wagon train stops at the closest market to the south end of the city and unfurls it's awnings and tarps. The most curious collection of wylder-kin emerge from their home on wheels. A Wolf-kin, snake-kin, Saar, Skunk-kin, Buffalo-Kin and more begin a methodical set up regime that looks to be well practiced.

In no time the Carnival is in full swing!

Approaching the show, Artie has a chuckle at some of the acts. He approaches the largest wagon and knocks on the door. "Per chance I might have a word with Giovanni? It is Artie."

The door swings wide and the site of Giovanni never ceases to amaze. A Wolf-kin decked out in a white suit and top hat. "Artie! How have you been? It's been far too long. Come in, come in where are my manners?" The interior of the wagon is as bizzar as the wolf-kin. Silk cushions for seats, ornaments everywhere and a scent of vanilla wafts around the room. Sitting down already are 2 sheep-kin, a white female and a black female. "You remember the ladies right? he states more than asks. "They sure remember you!" he continues with a chuckle.

"So what sees you in the capital this winter? Thought you had some cushy job up north?" he asks with a toothy grin.

Giving the girls a wink and a nod.

"Aye, it was a nice little gig going. Running a tavern along the King's Highway between here and Carrasville. But the mountain folks started getting a little over zealous with the caravans, so the King decided to add more security to the region. Not sure where he found the lot of volunteers, but they sure are good at kicking the hornets nest. A Biata Vampire is harrasing this rabble of defenders, even the King's sister the Dutchess has lost some staff to him. A Fea Necromancer is gathering an army of undead and the mountain folk, who I might add has turned the Dutchess's own son into a vampire. That poor dear sure is having a rough go right now. The other Fea in the area know something is up, so withdrawn back to the Fea Realm. A pack of Werewoves attacked the outpost, they seem to have followed the group here to city for the winter. Now we get reports of sightings and attackes during full moons. Plagued livestock are poping up all over the area. They've killed a local goblin cheiften and raided a goblin bural ground, so the goblins are extra pissed. Couple of the idiots stole from Victor, so now the gypsies are looking for some revenge. As I'm sure you've heard, the King has gone missing, last seen around Parson's Breach." Giving a sigh and shrugging his shoulders Artie continues, "In the end sales are up, but so is the cost of doing bussiness. Profit margines are getting smaller."

"So what brings you to the capital? I must be slipping, didn't even know you were in the area."

Having heard the commotion of the people as they walk around and take in the experiance of the traveling show, Tito makes his way there to see what is going on.

Approching the area that the Show has set up in he wanders by the various stalls and proformances that can be seen. Laughing at what he finds funny and skaffing at some of the more unsettling acts.

When one preformer is done he approches, "Please excuse me, but who is this Giovanni that runs this show? I dont seem to recall coming across it before, and I must say, I am quite impressed."

"Well Artie, the time just seemed right for coming up here." Giovanni continued. "We spent the winter down in Valenhold and Middenvale and now that the winter is easing up a bit, we thought we could lighten the mood in the capital, and relieve a few weary folks of their winter coin" he says with a broad smile.

"I hear we just need to make sure none of us get 'confused' with the lycan roaming about. But, I mean really, could I be any more conspicuous?" Giovanni says with a hearty laugh. "We got some gigs happening around town. In about a week we'll make our way over to Sasha's new place. I hope the crowd up there is lively. We got some new acts to try out. After that we pack up and make our way north through the heart of Calanda. Maybe we'll swing west and hit your establishment up at the Breach. At any rate, it will be a fun time."

Giovanni leans back in his overstuffed cushions and grabs for an oversized cigar.

Aengus Óg said:
Having heard the commotion of the people as they walk around and take in the experiance of the traveling show, Tito makes his way there to see what is going on.

Approching the area that the Show has set up in he wanders by the various stalls and proformances that can be seen. Laughing at what he finds funny and skaffing at some of the more unsettling acts.

When one preformer is done he approches, "Please excuse me, but who is this Giovanni that runs this show? I dont seem to recall coming across it before, and I must say, I am quite impressed."

The large Buffalo-kin looks over the Tari-Nor. "Giovanni? Well he done der running da' show! Don't know where he at but I'm sure he's around somewhere. What in da world would bring someone like you such a long way from yer home?" the man asks.

Smiling widely at the Buffalo-kins inability to speak normaly, and resisting the urge to giggle at the thought of swindling him out of this months pay, Tito gives a sweeping bow with all the flourish of a kings court,

"Why, my friend, I am Tito. Tito the Traveling Tari-Nor Trader from the Turom Tribes, and like you, I have come here to Trade, and entertain, these Treatable, Tantalizngly Tasteless, and oh so Tuggable, Tiny Toddlers. I have come to enjoy the Testimonial Tribute that these Temperate Tillers, Torrently Tip upon my name. But my friend I have a query for you, a question. What brings this show here, to Calanhelm?"

"Good to hear things are going good for you and the group. Spirits know Calenhelm needs a little cheering up. I hope you make it out to the Parson's this season. Well, got some more business to tend to today, if you need anything, let me know. I might have a few commissions for you if your heading north. We'll have to share a bottle some night before you go." Looking over to the dancers, "and you ladies are always welcome to join." Giving them a wink as he turns for the door. "Have a pleasant stay," pausing just outside the door, "Oh, and be careful while about the city, Commander Dunbow has recently arrested a group of suspected traitors, three of which were in the Home Guard. One was sentenced to Death, the other two are still awaiting trial. So he's being a little more tight fisted then normal, hopefully the clearing of the lycan will cheer him up a bit. Just let your crew know to be a little more careful. I'd hate to see something happen over a little misunderstanding with the Home Guard." Tipping his hat towards Giovanni and a smile and another wink for the girls, Artie heads out.

Giovanni smiles as his friend leaves. He turns to the ladies smiles and gathers up his hat and straightens his suit.

He opens the door to his wagon and steps out into the fading sunlight of the day. "Ladies and gentlemen, kin of all kinds!" he bellows out to grab the attention of passer-byers. "This weekend we will hold a rousing tournament in the Ogre's Head tavern at the request of the owner! We will have caster games, strength games, tossing games and even a melee tournament for those brave enough to test their steel against others of skill! You can buy your tickets at the door and win some fabulous prizes including magical items, potions, scrolls, elixirs, Ritual Scrolls and of course, GOLD!" as he says the last of his sentence brief gold fireworks pop up above him and the crowd gasps and applauds.

"The more you play, the more you win! Come one, come all! This is a night you will be talking about for months on end!" and with that Giovanni continues to move into the crowd barking the wonders of his Carnival to all and any person within earshot.

Aengus Óg said:
Smiling widely at the Buffalo-kins inability to speak normaly, and resisting the urge to giggle at the thought of swindling him out of this months pay, Tito gives a sweeping bow with all the flourish of a kings court,

"Why, my friend, I am Tito. Tito the Traveling Tari-Nor Trader from the Turom Tribes, and like you, I have come here to Trade, and entertain, these Treatable, Tantalizngly Tasteless, and oh so Tuggable, Tiny Toddlers. I have come to enjoy the Testimonial Tribute that these Temperate Tillers, Torrently Tip upon my name. But my friend I have a query for you, a question. What brings this show here, to Calanhelm?"

Looking at the Tari-nor, Ferdinand shakes his shaggy head in the direction of the loud and dazzling Wolfkin who had just shouted "Datz da Boz Giovanni, he's da wolf you wants to talk to if yors looking for work or to maks some moneyz" Spitting out the wad of hay he's chewing on he continues "But I'm sure with your pretty looks and fancy words you could make some money in the more dainty businesses in the more shadey areas of the city" Hefting four bales of hay for the caraven animals, Ferdinand turns away and continues working.

At the south market, looking up from selling her current wares, Clover sees a curiously odd wagon. She looks up just in time to hear a spectacularly decked out white wolf-kin announcing games of chance, and fabulous prizes.

A smile crosses her face and lights up her eyes at the chance to be able to actually have some fun in this forsaken town. Just what the healers ordered!

Too shy to go up and talk to any of the wylder-kin, she watches them feed and calm the animals they brought with them, admiring the strong back of the Buffalo-kin as he hauls hay…. :wub2:

Snapping out of her reverie, and sales done for today, she picks up her basket , her head full of delicious ideas for goodies(and the buffalo's backside) she will bring to the Ogre’s head for the event..( maybe something with a little color to help brighten things up), and with a skip in her step she heads off in the direction of the Bakery to let the good Master Baker know what she saw.

Turning to inspect that Yell'er, Tito turns back and bows deeply to the thick lipped buffalo-kin, "My thanks, strong one, It has been a most pleasureable conversation."

Tito makes his way toward this Giovanni.

Waiting for him to finish his advertising of the Carnival, Tito polietly bows infront of him and states, "Good Day, Master Giovanni. My name is Tito, and that wonderful buffalo-kin over there, informed me that you are the Host of this traveling show. I must say it is quite a remarkable troup you have here. You must travel alot and must have some facinating stories to tell? I have a small question for you, though, What brings you to Calanhelm at this time of year? I would think that you would rather be here for the Festival of Crows, where more people seem to attened.".

Giovanni turns to the Tari-Nor a whimsical smile across his face. "well now! Why would we not show up in this fabulous city?!" he states and questions all at once. "You see, any time is a great time to come to Calanhelm. The people need a respite from the bite of winter. So as the weather warms, so to do their coin purses. A long boring winter loosens up the strings. I've heard rumours that the Festival of Crows is out in Faybridge this year, so we may just swing up there as well. Those elves know how to party!" he says with exaggerated motions and even a little dance.

Giovanni turns his attention over to the crowd again. "That's right! You heard it folks! Step up and test your prowess at the bola toss! Or flex your muscles and try to ring the bell!" he says as he points to a few of the games stationed around the wagons. "Each ticket is 3 Crows, or get 4 for a Comet!" he motions over to the Black Sheep-kin dancer standing between a couple wagons at a booth, selling and redeeming tickets for games. The line of eager folks grows steadily as the Wolf-Kin continues. "Win a potion, a scroll or even an item of MAGIC! For those with true skill we even have rare ritual scrolls and hard to find alchemical treats! You can even trade up items to get better prizes!" he shouts and more onlookers snatch up tickets and try to test out their skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back