Running for Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

justduffy

Artisan
So I am running for stewart. 2 gathers ago I saw the stcurrent stewart whe she was looking to see who would run for stewart. I asked her what makes a good stewart and she said that the stewart had to be able to talk to everyone - I as tavernkeep have gotten to meet and talk with just about everyone in town at one time or another and know we have a stong town. she also said that the stewart has to get along with all the teams - I dont belieav that there are that many teams in town as of yet but all those that are there know they can come to me for whatever they need and some f them have and I believe left the meeting very happily. and the last thing that she told me is that they should be able to help unit the town - the first step twords this was the puzzle pesses, I got the town to band together to get all the puzzle pieces together to find out what the whole puzzle would do. I ask you of the other candidates which of them is always around town and able to be found? who has stood against and stared down the eviles that face this town? and yes I have even recently been known to be sober when needed.
As I have servered you well in the tavern I shall also serve you well as steward if elected.

Lemme translate......VOTE FOR NEARDIN. and crap

I am wondering....would the current Steward or someone else who has lived in these lands for a long time let us know exactly what the Stewart's job is?

I ask because it would be extremely difficult to analyze the different prospects and choose your preferred candidate without knowing what job that person is being elected to do.

Please forgive the intrusion,

I believe the correct term is Steward, a title frequently used instead of Senechal.

My given understanding based on this title, is that this is someone who would run the day to day business of a holding in lieu of the Lord of that area. Typically as that lord would be Away at war, Visiting a relative, or some sort of incapacitated (Direly ill, A hopeless drunkard, or perhaps the result of not checking the family tree before marriage), his is simply serving as a proxy for that lord.

While a subordinate noble may be in command of the lords army, the Steward or Senechal insures that the lords lands and investments are well handled.

However, my lands are not yours, and I'm not certain if the traditions of Kupspar are different than mine own. From what Gratch has said, I should probably come to visit.

Connal Mac Tuagh

Neardin, Neardin he's our man!
If he can't do it...

MADDOCK CAN!!!

Maddock for Steward...need we say more?

This message is approved by Dragomiri.

OOG(sorry I caint spell aand I figured that this is the dream realms so you would have herd it anyway and with my acent they sound the same)
IG - hey get your own dream if your running then run but youe should stand on your ow platform and say your peace not on mine.
I welcome the competition and want the people to chose who they would think the beter person to bring this town together and hold it that way dureing times of crisis. some one that stands against the evile tides that have been facing this town. If Maddock or Laire Flin or any of the other candidits are better goo choose them.then I can go back to drinking as much as I used to. I was in the lands of Morria and had My sendoff to getting drunk. In the lands of morria I had my finall celebration and passed out in a warded tavern so nothing could harm me. For this town to survive we need a strong leader that all can trust and we all know no one trusts a drunk, so I vow to no longer be a drunk if that is what the town needs.

AAAAAAAaaaaaayee!!!

Neardin, That's what we Rom do, take control of other peoples dreams. Because we count you as friend, I will be sure that none of us will mettle with your dream posts. I wish you all the best in your endeavors. I do have to say that Neardin is a fine man, who has helped us Rom beyond all expectations. I can say with all sincerity that we all would do well to have him as a Steward...should Maddock loose. ;)

Neardin, may the blessings of the earth & star be on you, & your house.

~Dragomiri

You know...it is a good race to be had when there is depth in the candidate field. Neirden, Maddock, and our current Steward would all make fine choices to run the day to day political measures that Kupspar needs. I myself already know who my vote will go for. No insult to the other candidates, and the smaller ones like Mr Flynn, and the other gentlemen who's name escapes me but I believe my Sarr traveling companion kindly told to stop talking. I say kindly as a Sarr from her land would have more than likely used her claws to rip the throat out of someone they believed to be assaulting their ears.

I digress...the dream realm tends to let me ramble on and on...something about the soothing nature of dreams to escape reality...anyway as I was saying it will be a good race all around and I'm sure sometime between the endless dangers we face on a day to day basis, and the threat of a glowing red eye spirit thingy with evil intent there will at least be a debate. Correct?

as to a debate I know not of one scedualed but I am willing to debate with any or all of the other candidates.
To Baligan, I hope maddock's wins that way I cango,back to drinking as much as I used to. And to you may the blessings of the earth & star be on you and your familia.

- Neardin (Muggs)

I do not know who this Baligan is you are referring to. If I, Dragomiri, should meet it someday, I will be sure to let it know that you, Neardin, have offered blessings to it & it's familia. ;)

I look forward to seeing you soon.

~Dragomiri~

This is a very interesting race for this stewart positon.

Might I suggest that you hold combat to determine the right person for this position.

Sarinjiro

Sanjuro,

While a fight is always near to my heart, I'd personally advice against it. Bravery and valor in battle can prove many things about the measure of a man, but the skills and talents of a Steward are a separate matter indeed.

I personally would not want to prevent the elevation of someone of surpassing patience, organization, wisdom and kindness simply because they do not possess a strong arm.

Connal Mac Tuagh

this may be an entertaining way to do things but it is not brute force nor personal combat skill. A stewart needs to be some one who can get people to willingly work together to better a community and get them to stand together, not to beat them into submission and force them to do his or her will even if that person believes that his or her coarse is the best for the town.

Greetings,

My intention was not to say that combat is the only way, but honorable combat between two people is never a bad idea at times.

I do not completely understand the idea of a stewart. I am bushi meaning a foot soldier or warrior in the culture of my people.

This stewart concept is new to me

Sarinjiro

Oh, don't get me wrong, lad, I'm glad to scrap when the time comes, or simply for the fun of it. In fact, if you'd like, we can take a few practice swings at each other when we meet.

And as I said, it will show you the measure of a man.

Sadly, for things like stewardship, It's not measuring the right things. ; )

Connal Mac Tuagh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back