Scrollable spells

Alavatar

Baron
I figured I would brush up on some rules and found that only 3 celestial spells (besides L9 spells) that are not scrollable. Confine, Dominate, and Solidify cannot be made into scrolls. Was that the case in previous versions? If not, why were these spells made non-scrollable (particularly Solidify)?

Because Solidify is the only spell that C-casters are useful for anymore that isn't 9th level. If it were scrollable, then Earth casters wouldn't need C-casters on vampire mods. It's really only that way to try and throw c-casters a bone.
I thought there were more that weren't scrollable, but I almost never use scrolls so I'll take your word for it.

Why throw the bone, aren't they boned enough as it is? :wink:

Dominate isn't scrollable to give alchemy more of a use, Confine isn't scrollable because of the mechanics of it, and Solidify isn't scrollable for the reason Matt listed.

Remember, Confine is a greater Web in effect so monsters that can rip from Web may not necessarily be able to rip from Confine.

obcidian said:
I thought there were more that weren't scrollable, but I almost never use scrolls so I'll take your word for it.

Well, Enflame should be clarified. It is Celestial only. In the production list on page 41 it is listed as scrollable, but on page 67 and page 81 it does not say you can make it into a scroll.

I should also point out that there is no potion for Earth/Chaos Blade, but there are Elemental Blade and Magic Blade scrolls. Since the Celestial Blade spells have scrolls I am surprised there isn't a potion for the Earth Blade.

Alavatar said:
I should also point out that there is no potion for Earth/Chaos Blade, but there are Elemental Blade and Magic Blade scrolls. Since the Celestial Blade spells have scrolls I am surprised there isn't a potion for the Earth Blade.

There are far less things on the earth side that can go into potions than there are on the celestial side that go into scrolls. Methinks this is a design intent what with earth/chaos going straight to body and all.

Back