See Our Ad? Click Here! (FAQ)

Banradi

Adept
Welcome to Alliance! Check out some of our FAQs below!

What is Alliance?
Alliance is a Live Action Roleplaying Game, or LARP. In a LARP, participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting and interact with each other in character. The outcome of player actions determines what happens in the world around them. It’s kind of like D&D, but on steroids.

Where does it take place?
Our current campsite is in Chelsea, MI… About 20 minutes west of Ann Arbor. The campsite has beds, showers, and other general amenities.

When is the next event?
Check out our season schedule here!

How do I get started?
Glad you asked! The best thing to probably do is to take a look at the rulebook which can be downloaded here for free, as well as our players guide, which can be found here (Coming Soon). If you have any questions, feel free to comment on this post, or shoot an email either to alliancesouthmichigan@gmail.com or somilogistics@gmail.com. Everyone is super friendly, and we’d love to help you get started.

How much does it cost?
Since you’re new, your first two events are $30! Later on, they’re $60 at the door, or $50 if you let us know you’re going ahead of time.

I want to play, but I don’t have any costuming/weapons/makeup/etc.!
That’s okay! You can usually ask to borrow some weapons for your first event. Costuming is generally pretty easy to find… You’ll be amazed at how much you can find at thrift stores!

What’s a normal event like?
People usually start showing up around 9 o’clock or so Friday night to check in and get into character, with the game starting around 10 or 11. From there, you’ll interact with other characters, go on adventures to get treasure, and then before you know it, it’s time to go home!

If you have any other questions, feel free to comment on this post, or shoot an email either to alliancesouthmichigan@gmail.com or somilogistics@gmail.com! Everyone is super friendly, and we’d love to help you get started. See you there!

Back