Seeking information about Extraplanar Creatures

Draven

Count
Friends,

I am curious as to whether anyone is familiar with Extraplanar creatures, and what creatures are known as such?

I'm aware of Patherghasts and Panthergaunts, but not others.

Is anyone else more familiar with the subject?

Zeth,

I wish the mists had not kicked me out of Calliphestus so quickly, else I would have come sit with you to talk about this.

To make it short for easy consumption, things that are technically "Extra Planar" tend to vary by land. There are a few things that are considered to be almost always Extra Planar, though, which includes Fae, Pantherghasts/Panthergaunts, and Elementals. Beyond that your best bet to determine if a creature is Extra Planar is to utilize a Banish spell on it, assuming either party is aggressive. If it affected by the Celestial spell Banish then it is likely Extra Planar.

For instance, the Echoes in the Valley of Ghosts were Extra Planar, but the Chaos Foxes were not. I have also found that Pantherghasts/Panthergaunts are not always Extra Planar; in some lands they were actually Undead. I have encountered Extra Planar dragons and unicorns as well. So, unless it is tested and verified in each land I am not sure one can definitively list what creatures are considered to be Extra Planar.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Alavatar

Zeth,

Do you consider non-planar creatures as extraplanar for purposes of this query?

-Roann Flynt

Back