Seeking Ritual scrolls and catalysts.

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
My friends,

With the wars raging and the changes to our land as we know it there is now a need more then ever for us to ensure those that commit themselves to seeing our home whole again can endure. Dame Ezri is one such person. i would ask humbly if any of you have a permanence, preserve duration, or ancient quill that you let yourself be known and allow us to nnegotiate a price. this will ensure that Dame Ezri can regenerate herself and see her people as well as all of Icenia through this crisis. Many of you went with me into the future. we saw the powerful force for good she is and will become. These are the last things she needs in order to help make these a reality. Please contact myself or the Dame herself if you can help. i appreciate your time and aid.

Vigilance and Valor,

Squire Marcusagrim Anvilstrike

As we are looking to regenerate Dame Ezri we won't have a regent cat to trade. Gold which works in any land is available.

Apologies, but I have no use for gold. It would seem your missing a few pieces of the grand puzzle, searching desperately for someone to sell or trade theirs, and not willing to sell or trade your own pieces. I understand of coarse, being in that very same predicament, along with a few other long time vets of Icenia i could name.
However I would put up my pieces in a contest, duels, a poker game, whatever.... perhaps Gilwing would as well, and maybe some of the others who have been on this never ending quest to find a permanent regen. Between all of us at least someone would finally get the prize after so many years. My pieces have done no one any good sitting in my treasure last 4 to 5 years, and the useless bags of gold sitting their also, have been unable to purchase me the final pieces.

I would consider my preserve for a Race change + cat. Ill throw in coin. Or if more was offered in trade with the race change set i might be swayed to offer up my copy and perhaps cat.

-Ithica

Ithica,

You are either missing the point, or think I'm a fool... giving you my Warmth of Fortannis for your Preserve scroll would leave me in the exact same predicament of still missing a piece, but give you a full set. How does that logic work exactly?

You might want to think about the way you bargain. Saying you'll only take two high priced items in trade for one lesser item might be limiting your pool of potential takers just a tad. That said if I did have any of the bits for a Race Change I'd trade them in a heartbeat, as they are of no use to me.

And no, I'm not throwing this into a poker game. I have duty to consider, and people to protect. I will not gamble the lives of Ashbans on a deck of cards, or the roll of a die, nor will I waste my spells dueling you when they are needed elsewhere.

I may have access to a Controlled Spirit Store catalyst. If that interests you let me know and I will try to work that out. Otherwise I'll look elsewhere.

In Service,
Dame Ezri Silverthorn

((Jovunn's voice resonates through the dreamscape, stern and devoid of inflection.))

"I knew a squire, once. Strong. Honorable. I don't know him anymore. I don't know a man who would be so irresponsible that he'd wager rare artifacts on games of chance or feats of strength when there are great and valiant causes he could donate them to. Noble men don't act like this. Noble - not in title, but in action. Your irresponsibility tells me more of how you have changed than any bard or skald ever could. Where is your honor? I once called you brother, Ithica, but to hear you like this? I would not bring that shame upon myself."

Dame Ezri,
Things get so twisted here. I think the point is many people, with duty, honor, and people to protect are in the exact same predicament as you.... Searching hi and low for those pieces they need to make something permanent or regen a loved one. Not that i think you as a Knight would think you should take precedence over any other...
I was merely responding to Good Squire Grims post, he asked those with X X or X come forward and make themselves known. I made myself known and listed what i would want in trade.
The poker game was kinda like a pot luck comment with a bit of sarcasm, it would seem our chances; you, myself, and a few others all have these pieces we are holding so dare and just cant seem to find the ones we need to complete our goal. A comment about a game of chance was nothing more then a realization, from a certain point of view, as to find a way to make one of us who are holding bits and piece, who have duty, and people to protect, complete their set. It was not made in offense and if you took as such then i apologize.
I ask Is it not better that someone, anyone, who gives their blood and dedication to these lands find that complete set, appose to 3 to 4 factions all letting separate pieces sit in a box and collect dust? What makes you or me or any of us more deserving than the other, that if a stranger that knew none of us, should feel guilted or compelled to trade with one more than the other.
Again no offense, i was merely answering the request of Squire Grim, and then stating the obvious.... almost no one is going to trade a piece of a regen or perm set unless they get a piece from those sets in return.

If you truly think my comment, that all of us holding pieces throwing them in some big pot and let luck decide was meant with anything but the intention of "better chance if we do this to see one of us regened".... Or you truly think i was trying to insult you. Then please say it. If you think that you are more deserving than me, or Gilwing from Black Forrest, or anyone else who has pieces of a regen set. And you can honestly say that I should trade with you because its a more "Valiant or Noble Cause"; to paraphrase Jovunns comment. Then I will give you a FULL REGEN set, the one i have from the lands of Caldaria. Free and clear with all sincerity and humility.
I understand you been to the future, and no doubt you will do great things for years to come Good Dame Ezri, I for one am happy to see you come so far. And again, the dream realm gets things twisted, i meant no offense about the poker game, it was a sarcastic reality to the situation. So many of us having these pieces, hoping that someone else will trade theirs and not ask for some in return. Why not pool em up and regen one of us at least.

Jovunn? Is it still Squire Jovunn? Last i heard your voice you were screaming and swearing all over this realm, good to hear you are sounding better.... Donating items or things does not make you Noble or any more honorable than not donating them. I have given freely many many times, on many many levels for many many years. Happily, and i still do. But Should i just hand over my sword or my shield also? Perhaps give my magic items away? Because someone like you wants to question honor... you dont know the meaning of the word im afraid. I give what I can, when i can, and i give quite a lot... I forgive your bantering and your finger waving across the dream realm... But dont refer to us ever being brother and sister, I still have letters you and I exchanged a while back. Writing one thing with a sense of no were to turn and then doing something different, burying a knife in "brothers" back. Hah...Brother? Shame? Take a hard look at yourself before you cast stones.

-Ithica

..... Dame Ezri do you have any other pieces of a perm or regen set from any other lands? Would you be willing to travel another land to get regened?

-Ithica
P.S. the only "set" i asked for was a race change+ cat. Nothing to do with a regen, and quite frankly i didnt think was all that valuable that the Race change set would not be worth an ancient quill or perm scroll or preserved plus coin.

((Ket's voice fades in:))

I don't mean to step on any toes or create more conflict, but I for one can vouch for Ithica's generosity. Just this past gather, upon realizing how devoted I am to my bow, he unexpectedly offered to take me to an Earth shaman in the area, who then imbued my bow with power of the Earth. Ithica provided all of the materials required, and I am very grateful.

That said, I don't know enough about the nature of what you're discussing to comment further.

Unfortunately I don't have the pieces even in another land to trade. It's been some time since I've traveled the mists. Certainly if I had one there to offer in exchange I would.

I have some permanent items I could trade for the preserve, but their magics are tied to Ashbury. If that is amenable to you we can discuss it privately.

My friends,

I know this is a subject that draws blood to the surface as it is life and death. We all have opportunities many others do not. Each of us has seen and done things most others could not. In this community that we have there has to be a sense of unity. Dame Ezri is someone I value and like many of us whom went to forge the penumbra blade, we saw what she will become. I would like to ensure she is around for it. Negotiations as a matter of tact should be done privately. That way we avoid both an auction as well as keep resources discreet. I sincerely hope a mutually beneficial situation can happen for any parties involved. Until then its us versus the stuff that hurts innocents. We are on the same side in the end.

Aggravain said:
My friends,

I know this is a subject that draws blood to the surface as it is life and death. We all have opportunities many others do not. Each of us has seen and done things most others could not. In this community that we have there has to be a sense of unity. Dame Ezri is someone I value and like many of us whom went to forge the penumbra blade, we saw what she will become. I would like to ensure she is around for it. Negotiations as a matter of tact should be done privately. That way we avoid both an auction as well as keep resources discreet. I sincerely hope a mutually beneficial situation can happen for any parties involved. Until then its us versus the stuff that hurts innocents. We are on the same side in the end.

Squire, I guess you don't receive Private Messages. I will make it known here. I have all three you are looking for.

Gilwing,

I did receive it and thank you. What you are looking for in return I can't arrange. Thank you though

Well Said Grim, and i admire and respect your devotion to help Dame Ezri become Regened. I dont dispute, challenge or find any fault in that at all Good Squire. You ask for people to come forward, i did just that naming the terms. When we hit an impasse, and i have hit many when bartering on this subject, Then I merely offered a suggestion that would at least see someone finally Regenerated.

Ket, thank you for your words young friend. I appreciate them and i do not think those who truly know me could call me non-generouse when it comes to the "greater good". Heres the skinny, This conversation was based off a very potent set of magic scrolls and components that will complete a regeneration ritual, which would allow 11 or 12? deaths in their life time, with a guarantee of resurrection every time. I was merely stating that many factions have different pieces of the Set, and some of us have had them for years. All on quest of our own to Regen ourselves. I was stating the sad realization that its tough to get someone with a piece of these sets to trade for something not part of the sets. I made a suggestion, that perhaps its better that all of us pool the resources and at least let someone finish the quest.... Whats better 4 pieces of a broken, unusable shield or 1 Solid shield?
I suggested contest of chance or sport... which it seems was offensive. But it seems Jovenn didnt give much thought before insulting me. Her words could even be viewed as mockery of a Noble title. As for years pieces of these sets were awarded in contest of chance and sport. For years the Ducal Tournaments held in the Great Duke's Frost name offered very potent rituals or magic items. Which people competed in sports and contest of wit to win such items. Squire Trevor awarded these pieces when he ran tournaments. And if memory serves me correct even Sir Eros raffled off an Essence of the falling star, the catalyst for a permanence scroll not that many years ago. Many People needed this catalyst for their own Reasons, and many if not all were valiant, so people bought raffle tickets and let chance and fate decide who won....
See the statement was "I don't know a man who would be so irresponsible that he'd wager rare artifacts on games of chance or feats of strength when there are great and valiant causes he could donate them to, noble men don't act like this". Well it seems i just named three, that are all both Noble in title and Deeds, that have done so or were in positions to allow them to be so, would you call them shameful? Are they irresponsible? Would you question their honor? No you would not. Because they did not act in any such manner. The contest and games of chance were in no way harmful or wrong, not dishonorable, not shameful, and not irresponsible.

That being said Squire Jovunn, im not sure what exactly the basiss of your insults or derogatory comments to me were. Frankly, with all respect, i care not. With no basis of merit your words fall short of any true justification. If its more than just what was said above that has upset you, if it is something else that warranted you to try to publicly shame me or insult me on some grand scale. You should Know, far better people than YOU have tried in the past and failed.

Dame Ezri, i offer you the best of chance and luck to find your missing pieces with all sincerity. Because in most cases it comes down to chance and luck in the end, being on that right adventure or slaying that right enemy who just happens to be carrying that right piece of the set. I have pieces from Caldaria, Icenia, and Deadlands, if the time ever comes that i finally complete my regeneration not using Icenian resources, and if you are still looking I would look to make trade with you. And if i do complete using Icenian resources, with your blessing i could barter Caldaria and deadlands for Icenian ones on your behalf.

Ket, thank you again for your words I am honored to have been able to help you.

-Ithica

((Again, Jovunn's voice.))

"It is not what others say about a person that dishonors them. It is how that person reacts.

In fairness, however, I was rude. I won't speak any more of your honor or valour, because my opinions don't need to be everyone else's. I will, however, say this in parting: if you truly didn't care about what I had said, you would not have replied."

So because i reacted to your insults towards me with logic and matters of fact, and
offered supporting evidence that nothing about a game of chance or sport for a potent magic item was dishonable or shameful. Because i pointed your comment was basically hypocritical. That make me dishonorable? makes sense... again i think you know nothing of what the word honor means.
Also i must point out yet another error in your statement. You seem to be twisting words. I didnt say i didnt care what you said. I said i didnt care on your basiss or reasoning of your insults and derragotory comments. There is a difference between something said and why its said....

Ithica

I am honored that these squires should become so concerned on my behalf, but this conversation is no longer serving its purpose. People know what we need. If they have a trade to offer they will contact us privately.

Be safe, all.

In Service,
Dame Ezri Silverthorn

Aggravain said:
Gilwing,

I did receive it and thank you. What you are looking for in return I can't arrange. Thank you though

Sure you can Squire, you can trade me yours.

Gilwing,

Its spoken for. Hence why it was never brought into negotiations. Ezri is right though. Thanks everyone whom offered to help.

Dear friends,

If it is helpful, I may soon have a Racial Transformation scroll for another land (but no catalyst - contact me privately to know which land). However, it was due to arrive over a moon ago via courier, so it may be a lost cause.

Ever in service to the Ash Forest,
Sornelintion

Back