September Event Thanks and Favs

tets

I jut wanted to say thank you to everyone for making my return to the game such an awesome time. Specific thanks to Paul, Rob D, Ryan B, Nathan and Teag for an awesome time. And a specific shout out to the two girls for making awesome Fea Princesses.

Some of my favs are:
Sprout, and alexanders awesome rez story
Helping Lilly lead the group in the hero dungeon. That was an awesome mod
Pauls baboon scavy stealing my lunch and just not caring
Randomly carrying Talithas sword even without being able to use it
My epic search through the woods to find elles stuff

And my biggest favorite of the event was the sloah right and the epicness of my death, Probably the coolest one ive ever had

I would like to say thank you to all of the NPC's.
I love the new site. (showers OMG! This was my first event at the new digs.)
Thank you to Paul and the plot team for putting on a swanky event.

Smoking lounge = awesome
The Brotherhood, hilarious to roll with as always.

I'm very sad I had to jet early. I missed a lot of you I was looking forward to seeing. Hopefully I will see you at the October event!

I had a blast debuting Silp this event, and I'd like to thank all the PCs and NPCs for making it as fun as it was! Here are some favorites, in mostly chronological order I believe:

• Being disarmed during the big Friday night fight, only to discover the only other blunt weapon in town sticking out of a bush and WRECKING some undead with it.
  • USING MY CRAFTSMAN SKILL ON A MOD! That might not sound so incredible, but when you have CO Stump Remover, it's pretty surprising when it comes up.
  • Meeting and hanging out with Talitha, the only adventurer around who helped save Silp's home a looong time ago.
  • Single-handedly taking out the big Yordrill-bone-hunting undead that stormed into the tavern on Saturday morning. It's not often that I feel like an awesome stick jock, since I've played virtually-scholar Gandian for so long.
  • "This is a sad coat."
  • "Hey, be nice! Sebastian will mess you up."
  • Chris/TadRon being in love with my new mace rep. Blunt weapons are so irritating to make, but your praise made it all worth it!
  • Talking with Paul over by the PC cabin in the afternoon. Thanks a bunch, Paul.
  • Drawing on Lilly's shield! Chalkboard shields are the best thing ever!
  • Being fully convinced I was going to be executed by Paul at the end of the big Saturday mod, only to be rewarded instead.
  • "Guys, I was resurrecting Tets... and I screwed up. I accidentally burned off the brambles!"
  • Late-night talks with Nathan, Kyle, Carly, Andrea, and other assorted folks.
  • The plot advice talk with Chris on the way back home.

And probably so much more that I'm forgetting about. Playing Silp was so much of a wonderful change of pace from my normal play style, and I hope y'all liked him as well. Can't wait to see y'all next event!

Whoooo! Favs post!

Okay, first of all, SO awesome to see some fresh faces out there! YAY, NEWCOMERS! I'm having such a blast here, it's such a great feeling to see more people getting involved all the time. But now! On to some personal favorites...

-Having an NPC call me "A fake-*** ninja" before the memorial. Maybe not polite, but fair.

-The Epic Hero Quest Mod, and the most EPIC LEGAL CONTRACT EVER! ("ADDENDUMS?!?") Plus, a cool dungeon-y maze feel throughout.
-"Vexx, You can read?" I don't know who said it, but it got said.
-Elemental Sudoku with Pandora and Tets. I would have been in trouble on that if it wasn't for those two.
-More of Sam's lovely music! And joining in a bit...
-Rescuing the merchant with a "Weekend at Bernie's" moment on the Goblin Army mod. I was trying both to keep up, and not to laugh too hard.
-NEW SWORDS! -insert new sword dance here- (Huge thanks to Aaron and Dawn!)
-Jon Smith's helmet. I don't know why. I just love it.
-Watching Gnot train people. He's just so darn good.
-Paul picking me out of line for the Coronation Mod and muttering "Yeah, Vexx is a rule breaker...", as he places me ON THE DEUS.
-Proving Paul right as I knelt down to receive the crown. (Paul: "You realize this will immediately make you an NPC, right?" Me: -Nodding feverishly-
-Bidding war with Enan Bluewater. Now we're rolling with the big dogs!

Aside from a few set backs as far as crowding between the camping groups, I can say I still really enjoyed myself this September!
Thanks as always to the excellent plot staff and the wonderful, hard working NPCs! You guys are so awesome it hurts!

I had fun at my essentially first event. (First one was like 6 years ago, so it almost doesn't count)
Just some of my favs that I can think off the top of my head.

-Have to echo Tets and Vaughn, the historical society dungeon mod was amazing. From the 3 PAGE terms & conditions, to the trial of moving the ever accommodating to be picked up boulder, The most fun I had this event was in that mod.
-Speaking of Vaughn, he and the rest of the Brotherhood were an absolute delight to even simply be around.
-Having to use my ancestral Dwarven steel...to dig truffles!
-The bunny. That is all.
-The invaluable in game and out of game knowledge given by Gnot. I felt like a new combatant after his instructions and his tips for costuming and weapons were great.
-Forming a shield wall with Jon Smith and another PC during the first battle. Felt quite awesome.
-Getting my best friend to come out with me :D Thanks Jon Smith!
-Using the finest of Dwarven sass with Sam
-Sam's liberal sharing of his fine brew (read: intoxicate poison)with the brotherhood and others, then seeing the reactions when they were attempted to be rallied up for the goblin mod.
-Paul's weapon breaking mid combat and the subsequent dialogue. "YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF THE CROWN. (snap) I HAVE BROKEN MY WEAPON, SOMEONE HAND ME ANOTHER."

Can't wait for next event. Especially as more friends shall be coming with me for their first time as well!

Ah twas a good event, was great to see so many folks at one of my favorite chapters (friendly reminder to come to the castle in SoMN on the 11th-13th!)

Some favorite moments.

- New Earth Circle setup - Very nicely done, I was glad I had picked up that fancy book so I could at least something to it.
- Telling the dead Baron that fighting Libera face to face was a grand mistake and an abdication of his responsibility to his daughter.
- New Members of the Defenders - Always exciting to add new folks to the fold.
- Auction (Although it was a HUGE pain) I think we did better this time at least.
- Selling so many things to Keeper, Keeper, and Keeper (I was tired ^.^)
- Spell crafted COP during the Pleasure Plane mod, Sooo nice to be able to play triage man (especially since I have CO:Battlefield Triage)
- My new skilled head negotiator Arkemides
- Barrister Racism - Clearly the Wylderkin was the good one of the three, might as well kill the other two.
- Nakira "Why do I end up having to scratch your head?"
- Sad Coat dryad and the Ultimate solution to the problem being a happy plum shirt.
- Hanging with Tadron and the Barbarians
- Sleeping on the drive home, so nice to pass out some times ^.^

Very fun and successful second event for me. Love the new faces. Can't wait for the bigger group that my brother and I are bringing in for the next one.

-I gotta agree with Vex. Our "Weekend at Bernie's" gag with the enslaved goblin representative was brilliant. Big kudos to Davion for his fantastic plan.
-The Brotherhood and I always make some great fun. Can't wait to see what mischief we concoct next event.
-Getting no less than 6-7 NPCs drunk (Two of them were Paul). Thank you to any PC that was brave enough to drink my strong brew.
-Speaking of drunk NPCs, loved the Fire Pig mod. Any mod that has the option to be solved with minimal to no violence is a plus in my book.
-Lilly: You're a stand up babe. Great job leading that RIDICULOUS dungeon mod. Sorry I waylayed, cured, and then promptly healed you when you didn't require any of the three.
-Brianna (I'm embarrassed, but I didn't actually remember your character's name): THANK YOU for the alchemist pointers.
-Watching Gnot's training session grow from 2 to 6-7 people wanting to learn combat within 5 minutes was great to see. Hope you don't mind Gnot, but I got more coming this October!
-DON'T TALK ABOUT THE BUNNY, IAN.
-The wake memorial circle while playing the recorder was a great moment. Really loved the atmosphere it set.
-Apparently, it's not a real market day unless I get struck down by a PC.
-The NPCs players were great. They were really accommodating and the increased number of them made a huge difference. I tip my hat to all of you. You are the ones that truly make each event.
-Despite it's sluggish start, I thought the ending town auction went really well.
-Starting a lizardmen revolution made my event. Being the authority and go-to RP guy for a mod had me grinning for hours afterward. A big thank you to Ryan, the Brotherhood, and friends for giving me that chance.

Next event will be huge. See you all there.

Oh, also:

"He looks like a smug mosquito that's getting away with it." ;)

I'm heavy into packing-mode so I gotta keep it brief- thanks to all of you guys for a fun event, even in the short time I was able to participate; and thanks especially to Chris-of-the-slightly-gingery-beard who spotted my reps in the grass. I owe you for that.

Great event as always. It started out a little rocky due to all the campers, but Paul and Rob made it work. I still think it's Pauls fault for making it rain. lol
Some of my favs.
-Vexx almost being crowned King of the Pleasure plane. I think he would have made an awesome King. Granted in a week the plane of Pleasure would have looked like a run down crack house. lol
-Seeing so many new faces. Hope you all come back.
-Everyone asking Kael about the bunny. "Don't talk about the bunny"
-The Lizard mod. Why does Keeper always get stuck with disposing of the bodies.
-Hanging out with Sam, Draco and John Smith. The Brotherhood has found new drinking buddies.
-The maze dungeon and everyone so shocked that one of the Brotherhood (Vexx) figured out the clues through the maze. Geez, you people don't have a high opinion of us. lol
-Aaron helping me fix my new armor. Yes, no more chafing.
-The auction and how Keeper was bidding on everything even against himself, even though I didn't even bid on anything. lol
- Keeper ending up as a healer during the last big mod on Saturday night. How did that happen?
-The Brotherhood Lounge. Best idea ever.
-As always the NPCs rocked it. Thanks guys, your the best.

It was amazing seeing the new NPCs we had and just the # we had in total. Needa, Ariel, Rebecca and Greg, thanks for coming out and enjoying it! Tim and Rick, you can come anytime and Teague, glad to have you NPC with us. My favorites of the weekend, now that I've had time to think:

- Coming down the road to PC camp as DoppleBinks and hearing the entire Brotherhood + Sam raise their arms and say "Binks!". Glad to know it only took 1 event for Binks to make an impression with you gents!
- "Don't ask about the bunny"
- Talking to Dure'hdel/Asura/Nakira as "Teague's NPC" by filling in all that backstory info. Was a good rp moment
- Hearing that the Domination Triplets went over really well on that half of the mod
- Enan killing anything non-Wylderkin; seriously, you may need to seek a therapist for that one.
- Rick + Tim Saturday Night RP--honestly those 2 can RP rocks and make you laugh
- Walking around the Sat night town mod with Tim(Claudette) not being attacked, and just waylaying and enslaving people--though we forgot to tell Lilly/Tal not to take a cure, our bad.
- Sorrow Spirit RP with Davion Friday night
- Making a scene as Stahn with the Baron, Marsters and random people. Magic is bad people!
- The Earth Circle cabin looked fantastic, and I didn't even notice the sign until Saturday, but love the decor Rob!
- Perming a longtime NPC. RIP little goblin mage you.
- When it comes to a pretty water spirit or a shadowy smartass---Keeper will always choose the pretty one. Darn you!

It was really nice to not only come to Chicago for the first time, but hang out fully with Shadow's Light for the first time. Thanks for the great time guys.
My favorites would have to be..
-The massive plot drop from Teague/Ryan. Great rp and super interesting story.
-Realizing I'm going to be harassed by Dave forever, whether it be head scratches or damn dragon plot. :p
-Asura's death rp. By far the best I've ever seen. I got a little teared up, admittedly.
-Dure'dhel's lesser circle of decisions in the Pleasure Fey plane.
-The Tower mod. That was a really cool concept! (Also starting to get a bit terrifying toward the last level..)

First off thank you NPCs!!! Ok, my favs....

-My bunny. We are getting very close.
-Beating Gnot in the intellect bunny mod.
-Asking for three more intoxicates after the first one.
-Sam. You rock, and the whole Brotherhood loves having you around.
-The Brotherhood, as always. I have no idea how we survive or succeed at doing anything sometimes.
-Sloah mod. First time I had to backpack anyone. First time people knew I could backpack.
-Heros mod. For her first mod she absolutely killed it! Great job!
-Lizardman mod. It always seems the Brotherhood ends up doing things that would get them in huge trouble if ever found out.
-Vex trying to become king. Kael waking up the statue to make sure it doesn't happen. NO NOBILITY IN THE BROTHERHOOD!
-Getting the bunny buff. Now I know what it feels like to not care if I get hit a few times.
-Vex and Gnot's cooking. MMMMMMMM
-Seeing all the new faces. Not only is it great that the game is growing, but I am no longer the little guy!

There is a ton more, bit thats all I am going to go with atm. Thanks to everyone for making the game fun. Shout out to the Min and MI players that came out. love ya.

Back