September Favorites!

Krystina F

Artisan
Ok, so this hasn't been started yet, don't know why.... but time to spill....

What were your favorite moments of the event?

1. Being knighted, obviously, for me, was huge.
  2. The trial that totally happened "two weeks ago" right before game on.
  3. Hava savagely crushing an undead in the tavern with her bare hands.
  4. 2.0 allowing so many amazing abilities into the game. I loved having the ability to spell strike so many of my own spells through my weapon, it really felt like a spellsword to me.
  5. Double-hooking as an undead and respawning into a warded cabin. The looks on everyone's face as I counted "I reform 1... I reform 2..." was honestly pretty damned funny. It was truly an "I'm not stuck in here with you; you're stuck in here with me" moment. I arcane Doom'd the two newest folks next to me and just beat down the third. Coin comes in a little bit later, and, like a boss, decides he's gonna take me on himself. Comes on in, Banes one of my confines, gets sad when I Bane it back then starts shouting as I drop him. I then stood there for a minute or two while no one came to help and I was thankful that this was a playtest, because I didn't want to be the guy to send a bunch of newer players to the Circle. Alas, it was not to be as Raganzi swung into action like a boss and took me down in a great little close quarters fight in the cabin.
  6. Conversations with Ole.
  7. The dude who killed his niece for an artifact that would make him "invulnerable" that ended up being a magic item with three once ever Weapon Shields. After the lot of us got tired of talking to him, Bevin and I did the ol' Bind/Pin wombo combo and left him (and Bevin) there while we identified it. Came back to give him the news then cast the Weapon Shields on us and left him with an item that doesn't do anything. Check out that invulnerability, ya git!
  8. Baroness Knight-Sergeant Hivicus's no-nonsense demeanor is very much appreciated by Durnic.
  9. Double-hooking and just going out as crunchies. It was a really fun time just swingin' for 2's and calling out newer players to come fight me. Andon and I had a good bout. :D

Getting to RP being in withdrawal for the majority of Friday night

the completely unexpected "Arcane sleep by gaze"

double hooking and invading the town to get Pinocchio

getting my first Resurrection, with an amazing "story" from Lynn

going with most of the town to get my stuff back and kill those narly undead

Isodel's "Silent" lecture

breaking down the delicious, but dangerous Gingerbread house

getting to make objectively poor decisions with Isodel by following an extremely sad Fey beyond the shimmering wall bordering the town from the rest of the Fey realm, and becoming charmed to Oberon. then believing it would be a great idea (in my charmed state) to become a knight under Oberon, while she encourages Lynn to do the same. then the charm breaking on myself and Isodel, looking at each other, and moving to the far side of the room to get away from Oberon.

setting up and getting to experience all of the Traps was pretty great

having to prevent Lynn from going through the barrier around the town while we were searching for Kelb.

1. The conversation with Durnic about Soli's past. Then being invited to Bittersong Meadows to see what a Vale is actually like. Might be one of my forever favorite ig moments so far since I started larping
2. Soli's "no needless death's attitude" throughout the entire weekend. Saving Ell's giant brother after the militia took him down. Saving the Stone Cast that ambushed us. Etc.
3. Breaking lines in the militia Saturday night fight and doom memory striking the person giving the orders. Then deciding to bring her back for a life so we could find out where Olé was taken. The following bind, pin, sleep, bind again, paralysis, tie her up montage was pretty funny in hind sight.
4. Saving Gabriel Fisherson! I missed him! Though...he is...very strange now
5. Seeing the memory well with Hava. She knows what i mean.
6. What i think was Drain meddling with Luke's vision. She must really want me dead by now...this is the second time I've had to witness her.
7. Miko!
8. Soli: "Miko doesn't like others approaching her."
Terrance: *approaches with apple*
Miko: *kicks Terrance.*
9. Chewing out Terrance and Kelb for their "tactlessness"
10 leaving the militia to pursue a life as a Ranger of Aer'Astria
11. All the Khyriel rp. All of it.
12. Me: "Soli's pretty spry for a level 5."
Thomas: "That she is."

I think that's all.

PS1: i forgot glomping Saoirse at the feast! Her whole reaction was kinda the best: "Ahhh. Watch out for the food! Heh I missed you too Soli."
PS2: Double-hooking as an archer to get a feel of if i like it before spending 12 build on archery for Soli. Turns out i don't like archery...I love it!
PS3: Getting to do my first resurrection story for Jocean and having his son come in and help me do the end of the story since he had healing arts. That was such a touching 10 minutes and funny! So many funny stories to bring Jocean back to life!

Last edited:
*Ian, Tadeusz, Lael and Sherry's character (sorry, I'm blanking on your IG name...) discussing the fact there are selkies out there somewhere, and some fools went to poke the chicken hut. As we are explaining the old tale about such a thing, seeing a bunch of hero's running out of the woods screaming to run, followed by the chicken hut. Tadeusz and Ian look at each other and "Nope!" Don't mess with Baba Yaga!

*Actually having a nice conversation with Oberon (big step for Tad dealing with Fae) and just the quizzical glances I kept getting from people, especially Izodel.

*The feisty Pinocchio being ready to box the ears of the baddies who came in the tavern Sunday morning to get him.

*Hava being the quiet badass and dispatching one of the undead from outta nowhere!

1. Getting to play a changeling at the feast. It was fun to be a "baddie" for a change.
2. Watching Khyriel stalk me because he sensed that something was wrong.
3. Sharing the vision that the Queen of Nightmares gave me with Soli , Khyriel, and Durnic.
4. Spending rp time with Khyriel, and Adam (can't think of the page's game name).
5. Receiving the gift of my reindeer, Trista, from Soli.
6. Resurrecting Alexander and the Hummingbird.
7. Killing off an undead. ;)

5983ee2506bd7a7fb9cbbe4adcd8f2a6--dead-zone-walking-dead-zombies.jpg

Last edited:
Double-hooking as an undead and respawning into a warded cabin. The looks on everyone's face as I counted "I reform 1... I reform 2..." was honestly pretty damned funny. It was truly an "I'm not stuck in here with you; you're stuck in here with me" moment. I arcane Doom'd the two newest folks next to me and just beat down the third. Coin comes in a little bit later, and, like a boss, decides he's gonna take me on himself. Comes on in, Banes one of my confines, gets sad when I Bane it back then starts shouting as I drop him. I then stood there for a minute or two while no one came to help and I was thankful that this was a playtest, because I didn't want to be the guy to send a bunch of newer players to the Circle. Alas, it was not to be as Raganzi swung into action like a boss and took me down in a great little close quarters fight in the cabin.

That was so epic! I loved it! And the drama of no one believing Daemon, everyone having had already used up their life spells, the near demise of Jocean and others, was fun to experience. Thanks, Durnic, for RP!

1. Commanding the Militia is always a joy and an honor. All of you are amazing.
2. There was so much amazing RP this game. I got a chance to talk with just about everyone it feels like.
3. Trying to figure out how to get Ruby free was a full weekend head scratcher. Getting to work with Ian and Khyriel was fun.
4. The conclusion of the Ruby arc was amazing and honestly is one of only a handful of times I have cried at LARP. Thank you Amanda for the wonderful precocious Selunari girl.
5. Being asked by Hengin to be Reeve was a great honor and one that Killian takes very seriously.

Thank you everyone for all these amazing moments!

-Always conversations with Durnic.
-"Gimme." And thus becoming the Faux Queen of Nightmares. Omg, I had no plans other than to see what would happen, and had so much fun with that.
-The revolving kidnapping escapades.
-Paralysis Lectures with Isodel then scaring the crap out of her at the end... Lynn telling Coin, "I probably shouldn't be here for this."
-Trying archery and enjoying it immensely, then having Rick shatter the physrep I was borrowing from him while he was double hooking, then realizing several hours later I had a reflect I should have used. WHOOPS!
-Who has the bottle?
-Killian becoming Reeve
-Creepy bunnies with Khyriel, left pocket my friend.
-RP with the Red Thorns. "Those not words we use." "Well yes, I figured that, but I didn't know if you had heard of that other word."
-Pot Luck was a lot of fun. I think we should do it once a year??
-Having Doppleganger Ole mind poked by Ardryk and Khyriel, especially since it was a "go have fun" from plot and I didn't expect that so, yeah, making **** up. Also, Thank you Jimmy and Russell for being really awesome about that because IG and OOG I am super not comfortable with the whole Mind Probey RP because of emotional abuse in past relationships. I know I didn't say anything at the time, but thanks for being rather straight forward with what you wanted in your questioning. It made it a lot easier on me.
-Real life pinecone showing up in cabin, tee hee.
-Just loved all the old fairy tales and creepy stories that were used to create the nightmare realm. It was right up my alley.

I had I think the most fun at a game in a long time. I have fun at all games, but this was just like let loose, crazy ridiculous laugh out loud fun. It was most definitely needed after the year I've had. Thank you <3

-Saturday morning discussion with Bevin. Great stuff, I love my new Armsman!
-Saturday evening discussion with Ulric, Panda's not quite used to people asking for her advise (but she should probably get used to it).
-Panda's first time conducting a tea ceremony, definitely a sign she's growing up.
-the back/forth and stress of Braava, and Sir Raganzi informing Panda she gets to teach Braava our Code of Chivalry.
-Always the RP with Durnic. Really feel for every way the two are different, they are also alike. Harmony and great RP!
-OMG, I'm a squire!

Back