Siege of Port Reliance

Traceroo

Rogue
To All Good People of Acarthia:

Port Reliance, capital city of the Barony of Rivervale, is under siege by that menace from the abyss of Deepwake Sound, the sahuagin. For years, these mysterious fish people have viciously attacked the shoreline communities of Bayenna without mercy. Last Fall, Acarthia lost His Excellency Baron Zachary Sparhawk and his crew to the jaws of the sahuagin's unrelenting attack. Vague reports from Baron Sparhawk's last stand are the first indication in a war of years that the sahuagin can even speak, let alone understand the Acarthian language. Even so, they make no honorable demand of Acarthia, offer no terms, give no explanation for their hunger or violence -- they just keep attacking.

Now they have crossed the Corsith River to put under jaw, claw, and slimy fin the peaceful and prosperous people of Port Reliance. Acarthia has lost another of its defenders to ruthless lurkers from the deep. Sir Sigmund Copperheart of Brixton's Quarry, Rivervale fell to his final death in defense of Port Reliance. He sacrificed the last of his lives to buy precious time for the people of the capital whom we hope to find safely behind its walls, there shoring up defenses not challenged in many years. Rivervale's capital is safely nestled in the interior of the duchy away from the Howling Wood and exigencies of the War of a Thousand Skirmishes in the west, defended by Bayenna with its stalwart guard against sahuagin and the undead from its Shadowmarsh across the river to the east, even seldom beleaguered by the pirates that maraud through Deepwake Sound. It has not seen siege in the memory of its present generation of defenders. Its ports and markets provide lumber, stone, bog iron, precious resources and trade to the remainder of the duchy and outward through the kingdom. Sir Mallory Slaton of Twin Pines, and Sir Eryx Blaz of Ambervale rallied the military of Rivervale a week ago to protect its people and capital. Rumors are scarce and frightening -- but trust me, the people of Rivervale are clever and brave, and take no small portion of their heart from the name of our beloved capital. We can rely on their endurance, and they will need to rely on our support. We will go to them and lift this siege.

Her Grace Duchess Ilianna Tiberion of Acarthia, and the Barons of Rivervale and Bayenna call all stout and brave defenders of Acarthian soil to rally together in Port Reliance! Spread the word as far as it will travel, gather your arms, sharpen your blades, tighten your nets, and travel the Silverhawk to the southeast of Rivervale. On the 19th of June, we take back Port Reliance and we will drive those gibbering, glutinous sea slugs back to the shadowed depths from which they dared crawl!

I will meet you in Port Reliance. When the battle is over, and we stand on the broken bones and fins of the enemy of Bayenna and Rivervale, united over the Corsith River, it will be my honor to shake the hand of each and every one of you who joins us to liberate Port Reliance. When the Bosun's Call reopens, the first night of its taps and bottles are on me.

In service to Acarthia,

Dame Katherine Albright
Knight of the Ducal Court of Acarthia
Lady of Foxglove Hollow, Rivervale
Steward of Watson's Ferry, Rivervale

Last edited:
Brave Adventurers of Acarthia,

With glad heart, I pen this update from within the walls of Port Reliance -- the safe, sound, strong and thriving baronial capital of Rivervale. I am glad to inform you that all reports of its siege were exaggerated with haste and exigencies of travel. Sir Eryx Blaz, the ducal paladin assigned to Rivervale, and Sir Mallory Slaton, Knight Marshal of Rivervale, were able to rally defense forces in time to drive back those fell would-be invaders from the deep, the sahuagin. Port Reliance is safe!

Joyously, it is my pleasure to report to you further that news of the lasting death of Sir Sigmund Copperheart was also forwarded in error. Sir Sigmund resurrected successfully in Port Reliance. The strength of his voice and character as Knight Stalwart of the barony played no small part in Port Reliance's brave rally in its own defense until supporting forces arrived.

The capital of Rivervale is safe! Its port and waterways across the Corsith to Bayenna are open. We will take the fight to the sahuagin on the eastern shores, and show those floundering slugs the valor and strength of Acarthia that they think they have tested. We will teach them ever to dare think of doing so again.

In service to Acarthia,

Dame Katherine Albright
Knight of the Ducal Court of Acarthia
Lady of Foxglove Hollow, Rivervale
Steward of Watson's Ferry, Rivervale

A Call to Arms!

To The Brave and Strong of the Duchy of Acarthia,

I am issuing this plea to those who are of able body and willing to wield a weapon or support our forces as we seek to squelch the attacks of the sahaugin within the Duchy. As you may be aware, Port Reliance was recently assaulted by the sahaugin with great loss of life and property. It is time for us to send the sahaugin a very clear message that we will defend ourselves within our established borders. We will have justice for those who have fallen, we will have justice for Baron Sparhawk!

Until this attack, the sahaugin skirmishes were exclusively along the shores of Bayenna. Last year we rallied and diverted supplies to Bayenna began to shore up defenses. Given the quiet of the sahaugin over the winter, we were hopeful we might have at last come to a stalemate. Their attack on Port Reliance has clearly demonstrated they are the aggressors within our borders. Our retaliation for their attack will be swift and sure.

Four ships will be in Port Reliance to take you to Bayenna on Friday evening of what would have been our next scheduled Gather. If you are able to help with this task, please arrive as early as possible to ensure a place on one of the vessels. Once you arrive in Bayenna, please look to Baron Nordheim for instructions.

Your efforts in this engagement are truly appreciated. I do not ask for your assistance lightly; please do not contrive this request to be an inscription. Look into your heart and I believe you'll find there the same love of Acarthia that I have. We need to protect our lands so that our people may prosper.

With my deepest respect for your service,
Duchess Dame Ilianna Tiberion
For Acarthia!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back