Sign outside the tavern

that sign out front of the tavern said:
To all who currently inhabit the Adventurers Quarters:

"Due to the increased numbers of undead within the borders of this part of town, until further notice the Adventurers quarters will be closed. Proper lodging well be provided for those of you with homes within the north end. The Southern circles are up and running. The merchant's quarters should be well fortified. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact your local nobility and or town guardsman."

Does removing the people who deal with the undead - from the place being filled with the undead - sound a little fishy to anyone else?

Not that I mind, or anything. If the merchant's quarter is as well fortified as they say, we won't have to deal with Dark Dwarves dropping our Wards every 30 minutes.
~K

Undead hit squads are after those of us who were at the meeting...

...I have travelled to far lands to search for allies, and heroes...I have found 1 so far
...1 down 499 to go...

...stay frosty...

Krieger,

Tell me when you tink dat figths gunna really happen and me and mine will do everything in our power ta be dere.

Andar is da one place Fortanis hasn't fosaken me, ah will not forsake it. Ah also am gettin a new sword ya might find sorta neat aginst undead.

Win we came out from our homes a few months back it was ta lend whatever aid we could ta you in beating back ta forces of da undead ilses. We had a more pressing issue cam up and when fought with you and fur you and your people but ah could see then da worry for da future in your eyes waz shet on this prescent threat. Da mists can only open ta me once maybe twice a years... perhaps if da final conflict comes with next winter... Lifestorm can return to bleed along with the heroes of da crossroads.
If it doesn;t... maybe ah kin send a care package... ah have about a hundred cure potions, and fifty purifies... its not as strong as a man on da field but it kin buy ya a bit of time... If ah kin send anything else let meh know.

Yar in mah thoughts all a you.

Jehan

I am honored by your offer, and when the time has come, and the heroes have been assembled I would gladly have you there with us, when the time comes you and yours will know, of that, have no doubt.

obcidian said:
that sign out front of the tavern said:
To all who currently inhabit the Adventurers Quarters:

"Due to the increased numbers of undead within the borders of this part of town, until further notice the Adventurers quarters will be closed. Proper lodging well be provided for those of you with homes within the north end. The Southern circles are up and running. The merchant's quarters should be well fortified. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact your local nobility and or town guardsman."

Does removing the people who deal with the undead - from the place being filled with the undead - sound a little fishy to anyone else?

Not that I mind, or anything. If the merchant's quarter is as well fortified as they say, we won't have to deal with Dark Dwarves dropping our Wards every 30 minutes.
~K

Actually, you deal with a very small portion of the larger undead forces, being that you stay in town, and number less than 10,000.

I'll thank you to halt your mouth to avoid panicking people.

Dark dwarves weren't responsible for the wards dropping. That all began with Pearl attacking a muckling without any provocation on its part. The Dwarves realizing what a great tactic that was... the fault of your behaviour as adventurers.

I've watched long enough to know you find problems everywhere... make that elsewhere, or make yourself useful.
We have no room or time for dead-weight dissenters.

Sir Ajun Ceresa

most_precious_blood said:
We have no room or time for dead-weight dissenters.

Quite. And for that reason, you should excuse yourself before you embarrass your station further.
This, and the rest of your missive is either ignorance or arrogance. Let me explain.

Actually, you deal with a very small portion of the larger undead forces, being that you stay in town, and number less than 10,000.

You are incorrect. I have been outside of town for over a month now, and generally only spend a few days at a time in town. Assuming you speak of "us" as a group of adventurers, you have made additional mistakes. There are many others, along with myself, who leave the "safety" of town to fight your battles for you, as the military have proven themselves impotent time and again for dealing with any significant threat. Furthermore, my people's numbers are well over 10,000, but you find few here these days because of the actions of foolish leaders.

Dark dwarves weren't responsible for the wards dropping. That all began with Pearl attacking a muckling without any provocation on its part. The Dwarves realizing what a great tactic that was... the fault of your behaviour as adventurers.

I'm not sure any two words in a row here accurate. In fact, you begin by saying that Dark Dwarves aren't responsible, then end by saying they realized it was a great tactic. Which they used. To drop wards. Making them responsible. I'm not sure where you got your information, but even you should be able to see the folly of what you've written.

Additionally, you clearly have no idea what a muckling is. Now, for this ignorance I cannot blame you, as mucklings existed in Pascale, a town in another weave, which you have likely never seen. Using the term arbitrarily, however, was a poor choice. The creature attacked was the wrong color and shape, although they were known to change appearance over time. However, attacked or not, mucklings devour wards. They eat magic. That is what they do. Left unmolested, any one muckling would eat its fill of wards and return with others to feed. Feeding, which, by the way, takes much longer then the creatures dropping wards were taking, making it even less likely that they were in fact mucklings. However, destroying mucklings is the only way to deal with them, no one is at fault for attacking them "unprovoked."

Furthermore, mucklings do not sack housing, as dark dwarves do. Nor could they have been working in conjunction, as mucklings prefer magic items to wards, and at least one dark dwarf in a group has been seen to have some sort of item, including the one that totes about an artifact. The dwarves were either dropping wards themselves, or happened to be in the right place at the right time, reaching the unwarded cabins before anyone staying in the area.

I've watched long enough to know you find problems everywhere.
Yes. I find them because foolish people who think they are helping miss them. Then I solve them. As does everyone who lays some claim to the "adventuring" lifestyle. Your words are long overdue to have any impact here, these thoughts you respond to were dreamt months ago, and you were not their audience. Cease your mindless prattle, it discourages the coming aid that you so desperately need to defend yourself.

~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi
Sorcerer of the Split Sky

Enough....

...we have enough enemies without going for each others throats as well...

There are armies at work, the peerage, and armed forces deal with them...

...there are enemies in small groups at work, and those less regimented deal with those.

..but they are our enemies...and we are friends...

we have work to do... there will be time enough for boasting, and useless tongue wagging AFTER...
our enemies lie crushed to final death beneath our heels...after we have torn them from their halls, and AFTER we have burned their lairs from whence they came...

Is that a direct order, Sir Krieger?
If so, I'll stand down.

Otherwise... you know how I got my spurs.

Your call, let me know.
Soon.

Sir Ajun Ceresa.

Regardless of what has been said by someone posing as me, boss, that wasn't the genuine article.
I've been knee deep in field reports for the last week.

If you doubt me, talk to Lady Phaedra...

Kerjal, if you'd take the time to visit me at the Estate, I'd like to ask you some questions regarding these messages and their origin.

You have to dream to use the dreamscape yes? I haven't slept in 92 hours, so something is indeed "fishy".

-Captain Sir Ceresa-

Postscript: Real knights use their surnames, not given ones; that's one tell right there.

Back