Silk Screening; What is it good for?

GunFodder

A long time ago I made a large stencil for making skeleton shirts for monster camp, and they turned out really well. Unfortunately, it wasn't as streamlined as I had hoped. Now, I have a friend who's interested in possibly building a basic silk screening set-up, and I was wondering, what types of NPC's or props would it be good for?

Skeletons are an obvious choice again, and if you buy online, you can get huge long sleeve t-shirts for about the same cost as buying fabric, and without all the cutting and hemming to boot. My old skeletons tabards still get complimented I'm told, and I like to think that they really add to the game's atmosphere.

Any other suggestions? I thought about "muscle shirts" for orcs, but it seems a little silly. Then again, anything's better than representing orcs and goblins with a simple green tabard.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd ask before investing the time and money. Thanks!

If you have any groups with coat-of-arms or other symbols, a silk screen works for those. Any intricate detailing on large amounts of stuff too. (so you don't have to spend forever staring at cloth with a paintbrush)

I would say :
Muscles (tan, brown, & green)
Bones
Armor (grey or silver shirt)
Fur (grey/black, tan/brown)

jpariury said:
For skin-tight shirts, why not tiger stripes, leopard spots, etc?

You just want to see me in a skin tight, tiger striped v-neck, don't you?

I think the airbrushed muscles and skeletons would be pretty good on tabbards, even fabric masks could be made for pretty cheap.

Druk said:
You just want to see me in a skin tight, tiger striped v-neck, don't you?
You're guild. You'll wear what I tell you to wear. ;)

I don't know about airbrushed muscles or armor... I'd need to see it before I said "yay" or "nay". Even fur sounds kinda sketchy, imo. There's a lot of quick and dirty physrepping that tends to get done in the interest of expediency. I always want to push for better, more realistic physrepping over green tabards with name-tags. Bodysuits with stripes is a decent balance. Muscles, not sure. Armor, probably not.

I would have killed for a silk screen when we were doing elemental tabards for our chapter. Each the of elements had it's own symbol. We painted 50 of them by hand. They are pretty but took quite a while. ^_^

Back