So, Enan's a Lord, Now What?

Lurin

Duke
First off, my thanks to everyone that has supported me and my people in the past, and those that will in the future. I am honored to be trusted with this responsibility and can only hope I can live up to it.

I've decided to address folks publicly to answer some common questions, as our kingdom is young and many have already asked me a number of these questions.

Proper means of address - Generally speaking I will be happy to continue to respond to a number of titles, in most casual situations my name is sufficient, it is common to address any nobility by their full title when first seeing them on any market day to help remind them of their responsibility to the people they serve and lead. The proper title is Lord Bluewater, Lord Barrister, Lord Enan, or Lord Barrister Enan Bluewater, depending on just how badly you wish to tie your tongue. Generally speaking I have better things to do than worry about what people call me, but please try to remember that it is not only myself that you show respect to by using my title, but also all those that I serve under, such as his Grace the Duke.

Is kneeling/bowing appropriate? - Outside of my own lands a bow or kneeling is not required, nor is it common usage to bow or to kneel for a Lord outside of his territory, this includes Thuddington, which lies outside of my lands. While kneeling is a show of respect, please do not feel like it is needed unless you are visiting the lands of the Azure Keep.

Local Authority - I wish to make it clear, the area of Thuddington is NOT within the territory granted to me, like all other citizens of the lands it is my intention to continue to support the knights as best as I can in their endeavors. While I am happy to offer guidance to the best of my ability, and will likely be asking for assistance in following up on gathering information from multiple sources at times, I am by no means a resource to bypass, or in anyway diminish the knight's lawful authority.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask them now and I will answer as honestly as I am able.

-Lord Enan Bluewater,
Keeper of the Azure Keep

Dear Lord Enan Bluewater,
I wish you well in your future as a recognized Lord of Lands.

Unsolicited as it might be, some advice. As a being experienced in holding elevated positions of responsibility and being a note-worthy target of opportunity, I would recommend that you hire/employ/acquire the appropriate support staff of your station.

The effective deligation of authority and efficent problem solving will be your greatest strengths. Ineffective communications and Ego will bring down anyone of power.

Sincerely,
-Gnot

Back