So, wild elves...

cmhtxusa1

I plan on playing an elf in the NH chapter, and as I've read over the the race packet, I've pondered on what to do with a particular character I want to play. Though the idea of starting him off as a wild elf fits my liking, there are certain parts of his 'history' that force more civilized ideals into his head. How would I go about playing such a character without misplaying the racial characteristics/personality?

To my knowledge, there is no such national distinction of a Wild Elf from other elves - otherwise they'd have a seperate racial listing as Dark and Stone Elves do. But they do tend to be a favored subtype of elf where they are more rustic than their "high elf" cousins. I would check with your local plot committee to see if they have any specific wild elf information or not.

When I played a wild elf for another game, I did a few things to keep my seperation from the regular elves:

1) - wore facepaint markings - similiar to that of indian face paint.
2) - wore furs and leathers - sort of like a barbarian but with pointed ears
3) - never took read/write - of course this would not work if you were a spell caster
4) - never used utensils while eating. This last one was completely an RP thing where I told people that using utensils was a taboo - that the utensils seperated the energy from the consumers and the foodstuff. I still used a mug to drink with but everything else was done with my hands - including the pea soup I was served at a noble's table. Oh, sure, I could have just lifted the bowl and slurped it, but where's the fun in that? Only thing with this though is make sure you bring plenty of rags to wipe up with afterwards. :)

Ah ^^! Thank you, that's the kindof stuff I wanted to know. I've played a barbarian in a diff. larp before, and when I read over the packet where it described they were similar in some ways, It sounded in my comfort zone...especially since that type of character is always amusing to roleplay x3.

It'll be cool to have another wild elf at the NH chapter. We're few and far between. :)

For my wild elf, I do a lot of the same: she has facial tattoos, wears furs and leathers, and I'm pretty frequently mistaken for a barbarian -- which is fine by me. If you haven't checked out the elf race packet for NH, definitely make sure to email plot and grab it; the wild elves of the Deadlands are pretty unique and you'll want to make sure to read up on them.

Hope to see you at NH soon!

youthculture said:
It'll be cool to have another wild elf at the NH chapter. We're few and far between. :)

For my wild elf, I do a lot of the same: she has facial tattoos, wears furs and leathers, and I'm pretty frequently mistaken for a barbarian -- which is fine by me. If you haven't checked out the elf race packet for NH, definitely make sure to email plot and grab it; the wild elves of the Deadlands are pretty unique and you'll want to make sure to read up on them.

Hope to see you at NH soon!

It definetely sounds like my type of character ^^. I got the packet. Now I just need to find someone in Littleton who can bring me with them...

cmhtxusa1 said:
It definetely sounds like my type of character ^^. I got the packet. Now I just need to find someone in Littleton who can bring me with them...

Nah, just go in and get caught stealing food. Nothing gets you involved in plots quicker than being arrested. :D

markusdark said:
cmhtxusa1 said:

Nah, just go in and get caught stealing food. Nothing gets you involved in plots quicker than being arrested. :D

That's how I got my old LARP character some attention. Accidentally attacked a PC who looked exactly like the npc cannibals we were fighting. :0 Lost my hands for an event.

Back