Some possibly unintended uses of the new crafting rules

Alex319

Artisan
Do the following work the way I describe them, and if so, are they intended?

1. A player with Recycle in a particular crafting skill (e.g. Alchemy) can convert crafting materials between the two types associated with that skill (e.g. Herbs to Leather or vice versa) by converting e.g. Herb -> CAE point -> any one-PP alchemy item -> Leather. Note the player can do this an unlimited number of times at once.

2. The Field Crafting ability looks at your current CAE pool to determine the value of the tag you get, but does not actually expend any CAE points. For instance, a character with 19 ranks in Alchemy could take 9x CAE, 5x Field Crafting, and make five 9-PP field crafting tags (and still have the original 9 CAE points left to spend on other things.)

3. Since each Weapon Coating can be applied to 2 arrows (or 4 with an Alchemy Workshop) you can use Congealing Powder to get quadruple value out of each potion. For instance, you can use Congealing Powder on a Purify potion, apply the potion to four arrows using an alchemy workshop, and then throw "Spell Purify" four times.

1. A player with Recycle in a particular crafting skill (e.g. Alchemy) can convert crafting materials between the two types associated with that skill (e.g. Herbs to Leather or vice versa) by converting e.g. Herb -> CAE point -> any one-PP alchemy item -> Leather. Note the player can do this an unlimited number of times at once.
This is the way it works, and is intended.

2. The Field Crafting ability looks at your current CAE pool to determine the value of the tag you get, but does not actually expend any CAE points. For instance, a character with 19 ranks in Alchemy could take 9x CAE, 5x Field Crafting, and make five 9-PP field crafting tags (and still have the original 9 CAE points left to spend on other things.)
This is the way it works, and is intended. Please note, however, that the Field Crafted tags 1) require a 30 second focus to turn into the thing you want them to be and 2) disappear at the end of the LP. If you do not use them, they are gone.

3. Since each Weapon Coating can be applied to 2 arrows (or 4 with an Alchemy Workshop) you can use Congealing Powder to get quadruple value out of each potion. For instance, you can use Congealing Powder on a Purify potion, apply the potion to four arrows using an alchemy workshop, and then throw "Spell Purify" four times.
Weapon coatings are not able to be applied to arrows/bolts (because they no longer exist as game items), and bows/crossbows do not get a multiplier to how many attacks they apply to.
Weapon coatings on bows/crossbows will now last until a successful hit is landed (or you stop calling the coating), just like with any other weapon with a weapon coating.

I assume that you can't Recycle a Field Crafted tag or use it as an ingredient for something like a Healing Weapon because that counts the number of Production Points it is, and Field Crafted tags do not have a Production Point value.

However,

- Can you use a Field Crafted tag as an ingredient for something like a Panacea? For instance, if I had 10 Field Crafted tags that I turned into Purify potions (and the other Panacea ingredients), could I use them to create a 10-charge Panacea (which, not being Field Crafted itself, would persist past the end of the LP)?

- If so, can you combine e.g. Field Crafted Purify potion tags with normal Purify potion tags in the same Panacea? For instance using 10 Field Crafted tags and 10 normal tags to make a 20-charge Panacea?

- Can you use Congealing Powder on a Field Crafted potion tag to turn it into a weapon coating? If so, does the weapon coating expire at the end of the LP? If it does, if you apply the Weapon Coating to a weapon immediately (thus effectively using up the tag and applying it as a weapon effect), could you then use the effect after the end of the LP?

I assume that you can't Recycle a Field Crafted tag or use it as an ingredient for something like a Healing Weapon because that counts the number of Production Points it is, and Field Crafted tags do not have a Production Point value.
Correct on both counts. Field crafted items cannot be recycled, and do not have a Production Point value.

- Can you use a Field Crafted tag as an ingredient for something like a Panacea? For instance, if I had 10 Field Crafted tags that I turned into Purify potions (and the other Panacea ingredients), could I use them to create a 10-charge Panacea (which, not being Field Crafted itself, would persist past the end of the LP)?
No, as they are not the item itself, but instead a Field Crafted version of the item.

- If so, can you combine e.g. Field Crafted Purify potion tags with normal Purify potion tags in the same Panacea? For instance using 10 Field Crafted tags and 10 normal tags to make a 20-charge Panacea?
See above.

- Can you use Congealing Powder on a Field Crafted potion tag to turn it into a weapon coating? If so, does the weapon coating expire at the end of the LP? If it does, if you apply the Weapon Coating to a weapon immediately (thus effectively using up the tag and applying it as a weapon effect), could you then use the effect after the end of the LP?
A FC'd potion used on a weapon with the Potion Coating ritual would work the same way a FC'd weapon coating would on a normal weapon. It'll last until used or the end of the event.

FC'd scrolls or potions put into Spell Stores would persist to the end of the event as well.

Back