Somewhere in the Mists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorozan

The group is gone, alone I walk the mists. Do I walk in circles or am I making headway to a destination?

Keep walking forward step after step. Ignore the sounds in the mist, ignore the crushing sense of isolation, ignore the fear clawing its way up my throat. I am strong, I am brave.

Runes drawn by quivering hands, they comfort me. Cold and solid in my fingers, stained by my blood, I squint through the thick, soupy air at the first three: Gebo, Hagalaz, Sowilo. The gift, the hail, the sun. I come bearing treasure through the uncontrollable mists, the sun and its touch a memory for now and plans disrupted. Obvious, they are mocking me.

Keep walking forward step after step, the next three runes are drawn: Wunjo, Jera, Dagaz. Glory, the year, the day. Through this test I must work my hardest, something is changing and at the end judgment awaits. Is this the test, I wonder, or is something more arduous ahead? As far as judgment is concerned am I the judge or the one to be weighed upon the scales?

A wind through the mists carries what sounds like distorted laughter to my ears, I force the unnatural sights and sounds from my mind and draw the final three runes: Tewaz, Mannaz, Laguz. The sky spirit, the man, the water. If I continue as I do something of myself must be given up, I must trust that what I give up will be to someone with the knowledge and understanding to bring renewal instead of chance and instability. Be careful of whom I trust.

Keep walking forward step after step, for now I trust myself, I am the only one around. Each stride brings me closer to something though what it is I do not know.

The mist thickens around me.

Keep walking forward, step after painful step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back