Southern Minnsota IBGA Policy

Lurin

Duke
For those not in the know, IBGA stands for In Between Game Action. Or what your character is up two between 'market' (Game) days.

Any IBGAs should be submitted to plot@mnalliance.com

Please note the following is subject to change at any time as we adjust things.

Each player is alloted one IBGA in between each event. Craftsmen other skills will be considered/likely to impact the success or failure of your 'actions'. All IBGA actions are limited to roleplay/research/discussion type actions. Getting ahold of so and so, researching information on such and such etc. Characters may not Fight, kill or be killed during IBGAs, nor can you aquire (or be required to) or spend treasure/coin. You can make offers of payment for services etc. but such actions will likely take place on a following market day.

In general IBGAs are there for you to help plot know what your character is interested in/doing with their time so we can bring it to you in game. IBGAs will often yield in game mods/meetings or additional information on existing plot lines.

All IBGAs should be submitted at least 7 days before the next event (preferably within 7 days of the last event) to allow plot enough time to resolve your actions and plan new plot to follow up with in game.

Please remember if you are submitting and IBGA that if you character is visiting another chapter in between events, he or she will be busy during the time it takes to travel to the other location and back (generally figure about 5 days on either side of said weekend event)

Questions/comments/concerns?

Re: Southern Minnsota IBGA Policy (Open until April 19th)

Friendly Reminder, In between game actions are due by midnight this sunday, If you submitted an IBGA keep a sharp eye out on Monday and Tuesday for responses!

sent an IBGA. just wondering if it was the right idea. also, should i expect feedback by e-mail or in game? -dawson

We got your IBGA its in the que for consideration, you should recieve at least a nod before Pre-reg is over, although some effects may not be seen until in game.

very cool. thanks. wasn't sure how that all went down. -dawson

If this post could be modified that would be great.

Please remember folks, the new IBGA deadline is 7 days AFTER the previous event. That means the deadline for May is coming up in just 5 days!

Also I would like to disclose a bit of an apology. I know at least some of my IBGA responses were missed for this last event. We have had some plot/staff shakeups and had to somewhat restructure our plot due to that so some things slipped. Hopefully we will be trying to send those responses out in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience! You guys make it all worth it. :)

That awkward moment when you meant to sent in your IBGA only to find it in your Draft folder >.>

Hey, just curious (and maybe this question has already been answered prior to my asking it):

Is there a particular reason why fighting, killing, and dying aren't allowed in between games? I'm just not sure why that would be an issue, especially since it seems like that would eliminate a lot of options for characters who aren't the researching type. Perhaps I'm just not seeing the full potential of IBGAs. It seems like they would be a lot more fun (and interesting) if fighting were allowed.

~Val

Because fighting require the use of your character Stats, and IBGAs are done Between games.. And thus there is no fighting happening. And the other option for determining a winner, by random die roll, would for some people be very unsatisfactory if their character rezzed through this, and a none live action system is not developed or with-in the Alliance ruleset, and thus can not be done.
At least that would be my reason.

Nathans pretty much hit it dead on in my mind. Think of Ibgas as prep, as ground work and intelligence gathering. Good plots dont stop just as the world does not stop. A war that no one pays attention too should get worse ect. As adventurers we are wise enough and skilled enough to avoid major calamity between faires and should be pushing plots to conclusion at the faire. That does not mean a large amount of evolution to a plot may not occur in the down time.

I sent in my IBGA. But now we are 3 days from game day and I haven't heard anything back on what my player has or hasn't been doing. Should I have heard by now?

Donna Aka Skye Nevermore

I am sure you will hear but sometimes you may not recieve an email depending on what it is. Or you may have to FOIG, find out in game...that is. But rest assured IBGAs do matter. Ofcourse it does happen sometimes one can fall through the cracks. Typically if you have not heard and you come down to the last week or so try resending the IBGA or query plot about it. Also if you dont hear any response feel free to talk to plot about it at event. They may be juggling a lot and sometimes forget to follow up on things they had on the list. Suffice to say hope this helps.

All the IBGA's receieved after the July event had responses sent back in August (with one or two exceptions who were told specifically). If you didn't receive yours, send plot an email and I'll resend it.

Ok i have a question, For characters traveling through the mist, do we do IBGAs?
I'm just trying to wrap my brain around it. Im coming up in April and would like to know if i do them or not

Usually for a character coming through for the first time you would not submit an IBGA. Although in some cases it's done (For example, before my Barrister went to TC, he had things to follow up on there so I sent a note to TC plot forewarning them)

Back