Spam

Toddo

Knight
NEPA Staff
Marshal
I hates it. But I love buying WOW gold. My heart is torn in two, but the spam posts are getting silly. Is there any way to stop them from happening outside of, say, the newbie forums? (cause I'm willing to bet most are bots)

The board can def be set up so that each account requires approval from a moderator to be able to post.

But that kinda cuts down on the "potential new player" friendliness.

It can probably be set up so that most of the board is restricted to a certain user group and then all "authenticated" accounts can be added to the "real person" user group. So if you left the Newbie area out of that restriction then new people could come and post there but not be able to post on (but could probably still view) the rest of the boards.

But both of those require a bit more work on the part of the moderators, and I don't know how much work we want to require of people who already do a bunch for the game as it is.

Though it could probably be handled by some internet addicted reprobate with two thumbs.

I nominate This Guy. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=63

Clearly he spends too much time on these boards to begin with.

Srsly.

Toddo said:
I hates it. But I love buying WOW gold. My heart is torn in two, but the spam posts are getting silly. Is there any way to stop them from happening outside of, say, the newbie forums? (cause I'm willing to bet most are bots)

Just be sure to click on the "!" button whenever you see one, and PM me with the user's name; I sign on all the time, so they're usually deleted (along with all their posts) fairly quickly.

No idea how to stop them, though.

what's weird is i run a phpbb2 board and i added some modifications that prevent spammers and they really work. i have never had a spam account since then. i am wondering if those are not available for phpbb 3 or what.

Robb Graves said:
what's weird is i run a phpbb2 board and i added some modifications that prevent spammers and they really work. i have never had a spam account since then. i am wondering if those are not available for phpbb 3 or what.

Well, PM me with directions and I'll see if it will work here. Keep in mind I am no computer programmer so keep it simple and spell everything out!!

Back