Spear blade construction

markusdark

Knight
So I've been working on an idea for a latex spear to use in the Alliance. I know that a 2" thrusting tip is required but I was wondering, how thick to the edges of the blade need to be. In other words, in the below picture, what's the minimum width allowed of the blue section on the side view (right side image) of the spear design.

Speartip.JPG

Also, I don't have a book in front of me, but a spear might be 2.5" of thrusty, which is something that you should at least check before you start building.

Would this be for a very pretty one-handed blocker? Otherwise I can't see the reason to make a latex-spear. I thought you weren't allowed to thrust with a latex weapon thus rendering the spear useless for attacking.

Did I miss an errata?

-Joe

I'm pretty sure that if you make the weapon with an actual open cell foam thrusting tip it doesn't matter what you cover it with as long as it is squishy. If it has a fully up to spec thrusting tip it can qualify as a "boffer" built latex looking weapon.

jwconvery said:
Would this be for a very pretty one-handed blocker? Otherwise I can't see the reason to make a latex-spear. I thought you weren't allowed to thrust with a latex weapon thus rendering the spear useless for attacking.

Did I miss an errata?

-Joe

Mark's weapons are not latex weapons as you understand the term to mean. Mark's weapons conform to standard construction methods as listed in the rulebook plus any relevant errata from the boards here. They are simply coated in latex rather than tape or cloth.

Inaryn said:
Mark's weapons are not latex weapons as you understand the term to mean. Mark's weapons conform to standard construction methods as listed in the rulebook plus any relevant errata from the boards here. They are simply coated in latex rather than tape or cloth.

Ahh, cool. Thanks

Back