Spell Proposal: Slow

Sarah

*As part of this proposal, Cure Disease and Disease would be removed from the Earth school.*

Slow

1st level Celestial and Earth

Binding - Line of Sight

This spell forces the victim to be unable to run. The victim may otherwise act freely, continuing to attack or choosing to leave the area. Any movement, however, must be undertaken at a walk.

"With mystic force, I Slow you."

I could get on board with this spell for sure, could make it so low level caster-types could "kite" monsters into traps where their fellows could fall on them and beat them silly, or just plain run away.

I need more disease... I mean, er... cure disease...

But I do like a non-aspected version that just keeps someone with the walkin's, all the same.

Sarah said:
*As part of this proposal, Cure Disease and Disease would be removed from the Earth school.*

Slow

Binding - Line of Sight

This spell forces the victim to be unable to run. The victim may otherwise act freely, continuing to attack or choosing to leave the area. Any movement, however, must be undertaken at a walk.

To me "With mystic force, I Slow you." sounds kind of weird. I would think "With mystic force, I force you to walk." or "With mystic force, I make you slow down." sounds a little better. Just a thought.

There is a convention that has to be followed though, from the incants on pgs. 66-67. The proposed incant is the most correct mechanically, if not grammatically.

Yeah, kinda like "with eldritch force I build a light". You don't really build anything, it would be more like "with eldritch force I make you glow" or "...I brighten your day" or "....yo' *** be lit up!" to be more fun, but there's a certain structure the established spells have, so shrug.

Maxondaerth said:
Yeah, kinda like "with eldritch force I build a light". You don't really build anything, it would be more like "with eldritch force I make you glow" or "...I brighten your day" or "....yo' *** be lit up!" to be more fun, but there's a certain structure the established spells have, so shrug.

"I'm gonna light you up, sweetcheeks!"?

Sarah said:

Slow

Binding - Line of Sight

I'd object to ditching the disease/cure disease effects. Otherwise, seems okay.

jpariury said:
Sarah said:

Slow

Binding - Line of Sight

I'd object to ditching the disease/cure disease effects. Otherwise, seems okay.
i say change the effect of disease to like maybe a dot kinda effect (for those of you that dont know dot= damage over ti.....wait we are all nerds and know this stuff well yeah anyway disease could damage you like 1 point per 3sec for 1 or 10 min

stephen aka xylex said:
i say change the effect of disease to like maybe a dot kinda effect (for those of you that dont know dot= damage over ti.....wait we are all nerds and know this stuff well yeah anyway disease could damage you like 1 point per 3sec for 1 or 10 min

Dead conversation kid. They did what they wanted to and that was that.

Also, that would be bad. You try to keep track of 1 pt every 3 seconds for even a minute in your head.

Back