Spirit Forging

Draven

Count
So, Johnny Earth Mage knows there's a need for Celestial Mages, plus he wants to play with fire, so Johnny gets himself a Spirit Forge rit. Johnny gets himself a caster, too (because he's not much of a formalist yet). What Johnny doesn't want is have to go an event without skills. So the question is...does a Forge rit allow you to insta-spend the skill points assuming you've acquired the needed Teacher cards? Or do you perform this near the end of an event so you can spend skill points in between?

You can instantly spend the skill points on any skill you have on your card at the time of the spirit forge.

Excellent! Although, now it occurs to me that I should also have asked whether I can immediately prep spells, or if I have to wait for the next Log period.

Does Spirit Forging after the first one still incur an automatic death, as I believe it previously did?

Hrm, okay. So much for the pretty much sole thing preventing constant forging, excepting treasure policy.

Brad Lewis said:
Hrm, okay. So much for the pretty much sole thing preventing constant forging, excepting treasure policy.

As far as I am aware, it is scroll-specific, and the last few scrolls I have seen to not state that you take a death on your card. That might have been done on purpose, or it may not have, no idea. Might be something to ask about at some point if someone feels so inclined.

Necromancied - On Page 144 of the updated book -

Spirit Forge
The Spirit Forge ritual is a difficult ritual,
allowing a target to relearn their skills and abilities.
Any attempts to Spirit Forge more than
once causes a target to resurrect on future Spirit
Forges in addition to allowing them to
change their class and skills.
Any skill taught to a player the day in
which they are Spirit Forged can be immediately
learned and placed within the database.

I think this is what Brad was referring to. Since I'm -extremely- unfamiliar with Rit rules, does this rule only apply to Rit Scrolls that have that particular drawback, or should it be applied to all Spirit Forges past the first?

Draven said:

Spirit Forge

I think this is what Brad was referring to. Since I'm -extremely- unfamiliar with Rit rules, does this rule only apply to Rit Scrolls that have that particular drawback, or should it be applied to all Spirit Forges past the first?

Glad I'm not crazy.

Draven said:

Spirit Forge

As far as I am aware and have always been told: The scroll takes precedence over anything else. If it's not on the scroll, you don't take it.

The new wording could be construed as 'reseting' the death count on a spirit, too, given that it 'reforges the spirit anew'. But I doubt that'll go anywhere. Good to know that there's no downside in consuming such a often sought-after and policy-controlled scroll whenever one can get the pieces together. Thanks for the update! And yeah... I think it's always 'time for another addendum.'

Back