*Split Off From "In Memory Of Lok"

Out of respect for the memory of Lok, as well as the request of James and Master Thorador, I split my response to what was said off to a new thread. Again, you have my condolenses for the loss of the man that was and my apologies if in my fervanse I gave offense or took away from what sacrifices Lok made in his life to the betterment of his people.

I have recently been accused of casting Necromancy and some beleive that I skirted justice because it was on a different plane. Indeed, in the face of danger, I let temptation overcome me and made a mistake that I cannot unmake. I falsely believed that to call chaos upon a plane that was trapping myself and my compatriots would be better than facing death for us all. I attempted to disrupt the energies binding us there , so we could escape, as that is what was suggested to me would work. Upon returning to this plane of existence, after meeting with then-Sheriff Cole, I took my blade to myself, and was resurrected by the Brotherhood. I mistakenly felt I could cheat the laws of Earth, but no matter how you get around it - Chaos is Chaos on any plane of existence, no matter where you cast it or why you do so. I made a choice to save those I felt were worthwhile, including Tets and selfishly chose to expose him to this magic, and in so choosing, I poisoned myself, and my relationships with those people I attempted to rescue and no day goes by that I do not regret that act or seek to undo it.  I also offered my life to those whom I violated in casting this magic in their prescence, none chose to send me to the circle so I took it upon myself to be killed for my beleifs as a start to a better road

I fear how much of a monster I and all earth casters have the capacity to be. I face everyday the danger we all run the chance of becoming to ourselves and to our loved ones. I  am hard on others, but I am also ever hard on myself for I deserve the reminder that I failed in my own oaths. That is why I killed myself and why I have no illusions about what undead are or necromancers do. That the law has chosen to pursue it no further does not make it allright and rather pushes me to seek my own redemption even more fervently. I regret every day that which tainted my spirit and allow it to guide me towards never making that mistake again.

Never once have I claimed to be better than other men... I have stared in the mirror and seen the face of evil starring back at me, and thus know how easy it is to lose one's way and that we should not flinch from doing what must be done to remind each other of our faults a That is why I am so fervent in my cause - to fight Chaos wherever I find it, where ever I can find it, as I know intimately well the pain it can cause.

I must, of course give you my thanks, Tets, for being my constant watcher and reminding me always of that which lay in my past but that I should not forget. I know the pain you deliberatly cause me is to help keep me on my path. I know you watch my actions with suspicion and hound me in hopes that the man in the mirror does not become the man I am. For that, I am grateful. I hope you attend this coming market day in Gaden, so you can continue your vigilant watch over me.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

--

Robert Sachs
General Manager
Alliance LARP Chicago
Alliance Logistics Committee

Back