State of the Chapter - 2016

Lurin

Duke
Foreword

Once again it's time to share thoughts at the end of the year, This year showed another big shuffle in our staff (Thanks to Courtney and Dan Ly, as well as all our helpful fence hoppers through out the year, including our Chicago Owner Rob D. and Chris Hamilton who was there with me at the beginning!)

One of the big changes this year was my announcement of my intent to retire from running games after the 2017 service. After what will be more than a decade of running game, it's time to move on to the next thing and let me state at the outset that the only motivating factor is the amount of time and effort doing a good job running a game requires.

Thank Yous

Generally the first thing I do each year is offer thank yous to some of the people who make things possible, I could never thank everyone that helps out but I like to tag the big names for people that really help make things happen. This year that's Courtney and Dan Ly as noted above, our logistics man Jordan, our new helper co-ordinator Andrea Rye, as well as all the fence hoppers and of course our new cook Amy Moberg!

Income/Costs

After a careful review of the income and continuing rising costs, I've made the decision to raise our cost by $10/$5 for PCs and NPCs. This raises the price to PC with a pre-reg to $60. This increases is necessary to deal with rising costs in food, rental fees and general expenses. This choice was also made because it will have to be done within the next year or two and I did not want to force that decision upon the next owner.

The upcoming year

This year we'll be hosted a number of games similar to previous events, however only 4 weekends (plus a one-day iron man) will be hosted by the current plot staff, with an ideal 3-4 additional weekends to be hosted by guest plot staffs.

This final year will see the wrapping up of the corrupt world plot line (now that the 'apex battle' has been resolved) Which will help determine what state the lands of Gaden are in at the end of 2017. There will be posts shortly about how to submit a proposal if you wish to participate in a guest plot event.

In Closing

As always I want to thank everyone for their participation in this crazy ride we call Alliance Larp, I am continually blessed that so many people are willing to come play make believe with me in the woods (or castle whatever ^.^).

David Glaeser,
Owner, Alliance Southern MN

Back