State of things in Dragonreach

Mathis

Scholar
My fellow adventurers-

With the Winter beginning to break and our first gathering of the year fast approaching I wanted to take a moment to remind people of the state of things in the area.
When we last gathered an alliance was formed with the Drevik Golem Masters that allowed us to engage Fate, the Death/Ice creature that was bound to the dragon Bleak. By our actions Fate was weakened to the point where the Drevik were able to trap its essence, thus stripping Bleak of this additional power. An additional benefit of entrapping Fate's power is providing the Drevik with the energy they need to eventually return to their home plane. This is beneficial because it has turned them from an enemy whose actions would result in potential catastrophe to an ally who needs us to succeed in the battle against Bleak's influence in order to advance their own goals.
The removal of Fate's influence, along with the success of our efforts earlier last year have weakened Bleak's power and made success in a direct battle against him more likely. It has also resulted in Bleak regaining a measure of intelligence and focus. While at his most powerful Bleak was like a force of nature, simply allowing his impact to spread across the lands, the removal of some of this power will allow his long-lived mind (possibly crazed through years of imprisonment) to focus his attacks on those causing him the most harm. We should be prepared for more issues with undead and creatures of ice in the coming months.
In addition to these major events, there are a host of other issues that concern a variety of people in town, including the Oni, the waymaker stones, and the impact of extraplanar forces on the area. I invite you to share your concerns here so that we can make efforts to ensure that we work together to address these issues.

Travel safely,

Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame

Good summary ov thingz. Do ve know if he has any drakez zuch as those from the future? If they have yet to hatch, perhapz that should be on the agenda?

-Kit

Back