stopping by the earth circle: leaving the breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtofd

Artisan
Mar stops at the earth circle his horses reigns in hand and waits for isawda assuming the sheriff and senior earth weaver would be by as part of his duties an envelope clutched in his free hand.

((this is a repost of the roleplayed conversation between us))

My studies are not pressing. What would you have of me or the Earthcircle?

"isawda i'm leaving the area at least till the next gathering if news of my passing reaches the breach" he passes isawda an envelope sealed with wax a small arrow carved into the wax "open this it will detail what to do with what few of my possesions remain in this area" he smiles softly "i doubt it will come to that but your one of the few i trust to see its handled properly and also not to look at the information within till it is time"

"May it not come to pass. But should ill fortune prevail against you, so shall it be done." Isawda carefully places the sealed letter into his lockbox inside the Earth-circle. "In the meantime it shall be protected by my best efforts and the Circle itself."

Mar nods starting to lead his horse away "thank you isawda i'll hopefully see you at the next gathering" he says headed for the kings road

Turning back to his study, Isawda carefully turns the pages of the old manuscript. It dusty pages tell of the distant past, when the rules the guide all Earthcircles were written.

Korvus made no insane demands. He only asked that the Earth Weavers were to be left in peace and there would be no further witch hunts against them. The Grand Council agreed with one caveat: the Earth Weavers were sworn to protect society from Necromancy. They were given the right to carry out a sentence of death immediately should they ever encounter those who use the Necromantic arts.

Although Korvus was a man of peace, he knew that this was a non-negotiable caveat and that to allow those who showed the gift of Earth Magic to live undisturbed it was something they had to agree to. And so it was.

It was clear that the Grand Council itself had given the members of the Guild the "right" to administer an immediate sentence of death then the found Necromancy to be used. However it did not demand that that be their only reaction. For those of the Guild who turned against all they had learned and called on Chaos, nothing less was appropriate. But perhaps when dealing with those outside the Guild, there was some room to assist and allow the law of the land to address the accused.

Perhaps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back