Strapping a weapon to a shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durnic

Knight
I have a shield and I would like to make a way to strap my bow to the backside of it. Is this allowed or does this count as holding two weapons in one hand? For complete clarification: I would not be holding the weapon with my shield hand nor would I be trying to do some sneaky snake malarky about trying to use it while it is strapped to my shield. It is simply there to hold while I am using my shield and not the bow. I would be completely detaching it from my shield and either dropping or slinging the shield over my back before using the bow.

I don't see a problem with this. However, any weapon attacks that hit any portion of the bow will count as a good hit against you, and not blocked by the shield. Keep that in mind when you make your construction and as you play.

Upvote 0
The only concern here would be safety. Bows are large and unwieldy, and trying to strap one to your shield and then moving your shield around to block with might expose you or other players to getting bashed in the face with the top of the bow. I personally would prefer it if players in my chapter did not do this, but mechanically I agree with what Ben said.

Upvote 0
If it's strapped in well (ie, it's not gonna go flying out after a particularly vigorous block) and fits completely behind the shield with no protrusions, I'd be 100% fine with it. This method would work particularly well with a short bow or a low-profile pistol crossbow.

Upvote 0
It is a minimum-length longbow which fits nicely across the back of my shield without any protrusion. I will be strapping it into place with a broom clip, which should secure it nicely. I can definitely test it outside of an event to make sure it isn't going to rattle loose.

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back