Striking Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaky

Adventurers of Visara, Evodia, whatever you may call it,

I am Veydii Karaashi Aeonthos Auranii Vaarus. I spoke to some of you last market, about my people, and my peoples failure. For those of you who don’t know, we are Veydii, or death elementals in your tongue. The duty of my people was, for as long as this mistsphere has existed, to ensure the stability of the life plane, and the care of spirits that permanently die. The corruption slowly worsened on the plane of life, and my people began to focus on both the growing pockets of corruption, and the increasing amount of spirits in the Gardens of Last Light. The increase in chaos pockets made an increase in demand for Veydii, those of the rank of Auranii who once kept eyes on the prime plane left to give aid to the life plane. This was what would lead to our failure. The lack of Auranii monitoring of the prime plane allowed the one you know as the Wraith Lord to slay the Djinn Phelorna, late last year. I could speak at length about what happened after Phelorna’s death, but what you need to know is it allowed the pockets of chaos to strengthen and combine, into what you now refer to as the sea of chaos.
My people failed in our eternal duty. My presence at the Visir was for a reason, I spoke to some of you, I had come as a representative of my people, to ask, to beg. To plead to all of you, We bore the burden, and failed, and now, we can't stop the tide of chaos alone.

I will be taking you all to a large pocket of chaos early next market, but not the sea itself. There, we have seen Wraithknights who are planning on melding this pocket with the sea to strengthen it. With enough effort we can cut off some of those that act as the eyes, ears and mouth of the Wraith Lord wherever he does not travel. This will deal a significant blow to the power of the Wraith Lord, and will prevent a rapid expansion of the sea of chaos. I cannot guarantee the absence of the Wraith Lord themselves, but it is unlikely.

I have spoken to my superiors, the Epocharos council, which consists of the eldest and most powerful Veydii. I spoke to them of what I saw amongst you. What I saw was a wide array of people, from all backgrounds and skill sets. I spoke to those of you who have seen Mistspheres die, and I spoke to those of you born of this one. I saw a unity amongst you, one that I still have yet to fully comprehend. I saw fires, in each of your hearts, you all seemed to burn brightly with action and purpose. I spoke to one of you who resurrected, who stepped in front of an ally so they would not face death. There is power in all of this. Amongst my people, we fight our eternal battle, and harvest our eternal duty, but we do not have spirits in the traditional way you all do. My people are inherently tied to the plane of life, if that dies, every Veydii perishes, we've known that and we've worked to try and protect that.
This being what I saw, I showed the Epocharos council, they have empowered me to form a new Aashi, a Veydii word that roughly translates to “brotherhood”. This Aashi will form after the fight against the Wraithknights next market, joining this Aashi is not required of those who assist in the fight against the Wraithknights, it is just a path you may choose to follow.
I must make it abundantly clear, what I am asking for from this Aashi will be dangerous, there may be a chance that you don't not live to see the end of this conflict. I looked upon you all at the last market, and saw many who would be great in this Aashi, though I shall not name any of you here. I encourage you all to think on this, and the weight that it will put upon you if taken. You will not be bound by any arcane means, and can leave the Aashi if you so choose. This Aashi is not a political position, and you may continue to further your goals in the politics of the prime plane. This Aashi will not stop you from doing anything, though, willingly casting chaos, especially while a member of this Aashi, will have grave consequences. Part of this ceremony will be swearing an oath, one I do not expect to be taken lightly. This oath will speak of fighting against the corruption of the life plane, and it will speak of swearing to my people that you will share in our duty.
I will prepare the appropriate things for this fight and ceremony, we can discuss any of this further in person at your next gathering.

~Veydii Karaashi Aeonthos Auranii Vaarus

We have gathered further intelligence on the Wraith Knights present within this pocket of Chaos. The first we have designated as the Hexblade, our intelligence tells us that this Wraith Knight has affinity with Celestial Magic similar to that of a mortal Spellsword. The Hexblade appears to wield a great weapon to complement its spellcasting. The second Wraith Knight has been designated the Harlequin. It takes the form of a Jester wrapped in shadow. It wields a chaotic blade and shield and seems to have the ability to force people to fight it. We believe the best time to strike will be around 4-5 bells Saturday before you take your evening meal. This will likely be a protracted battle, and we will get offer what resources we can to aid you in this fight.

~Veydii Karaashi Aeonthos Auranii Vaarus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back