Style master pre requirement

Dimas

Hello! I am trying to figure out if style master can be purchased and used by itself. I have an argument as to why style master can be purchased by itself:

1.) It encompasses only 1 handed skills at a price that is higher than even one handed master. This is to make up for the other skills it provides (sheild, etc). However, skills that encompass/ combine other skills usually comes at a cheaper price than if you were to buy said skills separately. Thus, style master is priced appropriately to include all the skills it encompasses.
2.) I could simply buy the cheapest one handed skill then buy style master which would automatically give me all the one handed weapon skills. This doesnt make much sense.
3.) I checked the rulebook + other sources and have not found a prerequisite for style master. Perhaps style master was changed in the update?
4.) From a sell back standpoint style master makes sense: two weapons needs florentine, florentine needs a weapon skill. Style master has florentine which means it also encompasses a weapon skill. Style master is simply buying the weapon skill under florentine and selling it back without the extra steps.

If anyone can shine light as to whether style master can be used by itself or if it needs to be used in conjunction with another skill that would be helpful!

Thanks!

It seems, from the question that you are asking, that you are under the impression that stylemaster grants the ability to use weapons.

It doesn’t.

Stylemaster is a combination of the skills Shield, Florentine, and Two Weapon.

It allows you to use a shield and a weapon (that you know how to use) simultaneously or to use two (of various length combinations) weapons (that you know how to use) at the same time. It doesn’t give you any capability to use a weapon in and of itself.

I suppose, in theory, if you have stylemaster and no weapon skills, you could use a shield, with no weapons.

Again, stylemaster does not, in and of itself, include the ability to use any weapons, nor does it have any prerequisite skills.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back