Suggestions for weapon vendors?

The Owl

Hello! So I'm looking to pick up some weapons, maybe a two handed sword, and I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions on where to buy (preferably stuff that's been approved as safe by this chapter before). Thanks!

Depends opon your budget, tastes and desires
Check out
As a one stop shop for most of the latex stuff. I can say that calamacil is my favorite brand for 1 handers but tends to be a bit hard for 2 handers.
Remember that latex weapons will need to have a tip installed if you want to thrust and this makes alot of the polarms and spear type weapons a bad investment.
Remember that you get what you pay for so if somthing seems super cheap relative to similar products from other manufacturers its probably not worth taking the risk.
There are some boffer manufacturers out there as well.

While they might look nice and be sturdy, Calimacil weapons are almost always too stiff for using at Alliance events and will almost certainly fail safety checks, so I would definitely avoid those.

In general from what I've witnessed, Epic Armory weapons tend to be approved for our events and comprise the majority of the commercial latex weapons I've seen brought to game (though disclaimer, this may vary from particular weapon type to weapon type). I believe the two-handed latex sword you borrowed at the October event was an Epic Armory brand, if I recall correctly.

As for local crafters: Bryan is correct that Ethan makes some fun stuff over at Forge of Rath, and Dara makes some fun stuff over at Gargoyle Forge!

Yeah, I have one Calimacil rep that I'd expect to pass at Chicago, and it's a two-hander that's been beaten up until it softened. My old saber was good enough to pass, but I had to significantly limit my use of it because I felt it hit too hard, and ended up going back to a boffer for added safety factor and the comfort of the NPCs.

Epic's stuff is okay, but personally I'm not a fan of how they balance or giving up the thrust. ;)

Back