Summoned Force/Healing a sleeper/Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we are two new LARPers and there are some things that we'd like a bit of information about/clarification on before arriving/playing.

Destroy/Disarm/Shatter/Enflame - In the (09 Alliance) rulebook the only Summoned Force spell that lists "your" in its incantation is Disarm.
Does this mean that when Disarming a players shield the proper incant would be
"I summon a force to Disarm your shield"
while the proper incant for Shattering the same shield would just be
"I summon a force to Shatter shield"?
Would the spell be blown if you include the word "your" before the target item when casting Destroy/Enflame/Shatter?
E.G. is a Shatter spell blown if you incant as such: "I summon a force to Shatter your shield"?
On (almost) the same note, is a Disarm spell blown if you don't include "your"?

Healing a target that is unconscious - Since an unconscious target can't "accept" a touch-cast spell and Healing Arts doesn't give you the ability to know (/ask) about any potential spell defenses on the target, is an out-of-game "No Effect" statement, or something along those lines, permitted when a healing spell is used on you and you have an active spell defense which prevents it from working?
Or will the unconscious target just have to hope their healer can "put it together" after learning the target is "dying" or "unconscious" and, after the healing spell they cast, the target hasn't regained consciousness?

Spell Columns/Pyramids - Would just like to know if these columns would be viable/legal - or more specifically which out of these (if any) are NOT viable/legal (they're mostly just examples, but feedback on these columns will for sure verify our own spell columns' validity):

4/4/2/1

6/5/4/4/4/4/3/2/1

4/4/4/4/3/2/1

5/5/5/5/5/4/3/2/1

4/4/4/2/1

6/6/5/5/4/4/4/3/2

5/5/4/4/4/3/2

7/6/5/5/4/3/2/1

6/6/5/5/4/4/2/1

Howdy and welcome!

Destroy/Disarm/Shatter/Enflame: "I summon a force to (Spell name) your (item)" is always acceptable, and is usually how the spell is actually said. The (item) part can be as descriptive and long winded as you want it to be (though most of the time you'll to keep it short), and adding "your" to it doesn't change anything as far as the mechanics are concerned.
contrarywise said:
Healing a target that is unconscious - Since an unconscious target can't "accept" a touch-cast spell and Healing Arts doesn't give you the ability to know (/ask) about any potential spell defenses on the target, is an out-of-game "No Effect" statement, or something along those lines, permitted when a healing spell is used on you and you have an active spell defense which prevents it from working?
It's not that the spell doesn't work, it's that the defense goes off automatically (they can't choose to accept it, so their defenses try to stop it). If someone has a Spell Shield and is dying/unconscious/sleeping/etc and you cast a spell on them, they should declare "Spell Shield," and not take the effect. You can then cast another spell on them, and since they no longer have a Spell Shield, they'll take the spell.

Spell Columns/Pyramids : All of your examples are valid.

However:
4/4/2/1 - your next spell purchase should be a 3rd level
4/4/4/2/1 - your next spell purchase should be a 4th level.

~Matt
Marshal

Okay, so no fear of botching a (Summoned Force) spell with the word your (in the right place, of course). ;]

Right on, the calling out of "Spell Shield" is exactly what I was looking for.

Awesome about the columns, I'm glad that I understand how they work.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

I also wanted to put "Thanks in advance for any/all feedback!" but I apparently wasn't paying attention, so thanks!

obcidian_bandit said:
However:
4/4/2/1 - your next spell purchase should be a 3rd level
4/4/4/2/1 - your next spell purchase should be a 4th level.

or a first level

obcidian_bandit said:
Destroy/Disarm/Shatter/Enflame: "I summon a force to (Spell name) your (item)" is always acceptable, and is usually how the spell is actually said. The (item) part can be as descriptive and long winded as you want it to be (though most of the time you'll to keep it short), and adding "your" to it doesn't change anything as far as the mechanics are concerned.

this is correct but in the case of a "disarm" spell the "your" is required. For he spell to work the item targeted by the spell must be of the persons possession, hence the need for the word your in the incant. "I summon a force to disarm sword" is not valid.

"I summon a force to shatter shield" is valid however as the possession is not a requirement of the spell. "I summon a force to shatter your shield" is also valid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back