SunHawk Company Barracks

Good Friends,
between alchemic tasks of these past weeks I find myself very perturbed at some new having come by my door....The town is MOVING...AGAIN!!!?? I JUST had my lab set out and in full swing for the first time in a YEAR and now I...I digress, I have not had a lot of sleep this past week. Again I digress, I will now need help in both moving my trap workshop from hope's reach and now my lab into Shadesmarch as to better make use of them. I would also like help with the building of the Sunhawk Compound, we will need two workshop spaces, sleeping quarters for the company, and a cellar for wine and volatiles storage. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. On other business i am working on a Company banner and armbands, I will have a design posted here in the dreaming soon...When i have a spare hour or so. Still, well done this last market day, and i look forward to many more like it

Stay safe, die loud

~Gabriel Di Greoni

Re: Company Ravenwood

Gabriel my friend first off we must speak of the name of our merry band, in a town containing one by the name of Gandian Ravenscroft and one simply named Raven I think we need a more distinct name that doesn't attract the confusion of those with similar names. I'll get back to you when I have any suggestions worth mentioning.

As far as assistance in building goes I myself have no knowledge of carpentry but I will help how I can, and one last thing as minor as it may be... lets not store the volatile alchemy things next to the wine.

Roland λ

Roland makes a good point...were we not planning to change the name to something else to avoid confusing a few of the others in town?

But, it will be interesting moving to another town so fast after I have just arrived and met so many interesting people last time in what is the "old" town now. Having our own compound would be nice...and I would be sure to help out!

-Evette

Sunhawks...I approve of this name and do not mind changing it to this if no one else has a problem with it! This should definitely get rid of any past confusion.

-Evette

I know I'm not a part of your group Gabriel but I dig SunHawks a lot.. has a menacing feel without falling into the creepy name category.

Take my opinion or leave it...

Fern

I must say Sunhawks does have quite a ring to it. I'm quite happy with this new name

Roland λ

Well since there seems to be overwhelming support, from hence forth let us be known as Sunhawks, Brothers and Sisters in Fortune!

~ A very jittery Gabriel Di Greoni

Gabriel,

I can take care of the building for you.

Fern

Many thanks for your generosity Goodman Fern, I am all too glad to take you up on your offer, it is my hope that our proximity to the frontlines will yield much to our studies of new alchemy, to better heal the land and arm our barony.

~ Gabriel Di Greoni

I've contacted you privately about the rest your business is private business.

Fern

while my skill at the drawn arts is lacking to say the very least, i did manage to drum up an idea for a company banner. The words around the sides read " Through Knowledge, Victory. Through Victory, Our Future". Thoughts on the concept and motto?

~Gabriel Di greoni

Attachments

• sunhawk.jpg
    sunhawk.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 358
I like your motto and theme. One possible suggestion might be a hawk with outstreached wings and a sun rising behind it, with the motto banner in its claws.

Gabriel, the town isn't moving, the corrupt are retreating and we're following. I'm an adventurer... I go where the adventure is.

Hunter Davion

Goodman Di greoni, Initiate of the Brokers Guild,

I implore you to address Bonded Guardsman Fern Woods by his earned title. Guardsman Woods has worked tirelessly to ensure the security and longevity of the Crown of Gaden through his unwavering loyalty to Crown Prince Talon Gaden. I understand that when upon the front reaches of the Kingdom interactions are more casual, however if you are to utilize a title of address, please let it be the proper title.

Guildmaster Leopold "Leopold" Vincent Cromwell, Guildmaster of the Hope's Reach Celestial Guild Hall of Gaden.

The design looks nice...but might I recommend the hawk's wings to be outstretched? I am willing to try and sketch up a few ideas of my own if you have not decided to finalize the design yet. Just because I am a sculptor does not mean I cannot draw~

Also, unfortunately due to some urgent issues that I must attend to, I cannot meet up this month with the rest of the SunHawks. I also heard word on the wind that Roland will not be able to attend for reasons I am not quite so sure. It is certainly concerning for half of the SunHawk's current forces to be down, but do not fret, the following month I am sure both of us will be able to attend.

-Evette

May I recommend you look at images of Falcons for your drawing. What you have is an eagle. Hawks have a rounded beak and head with a hook. Very majestic. Eagles are disgusting scavenger creatures that eat carrion and who pick the flesh off mindless undead. Why any company or nation would pick one as their mascot is quite beyond me.
-Hunter Davion

Thank you for the update Evette, and send my good will to Roland if you cross paths. I am sure that between myself and those remaining the Sunhawks will be able to function, but you both will be missed. As for your offer, by all means please try your hand, for mine is one of numbers and formulas, not the drawn arts. Also the change on the beak would be a good idea, as i do agree with Hunter Davion. On the subject of wings, i would like to offer the idea of having two positionings. Folded wings for the armbands of initiates to the Sunhawks, and outstretched for those of elite status, those who have fought overwhelming odds and lived to tell. This would be to help remind our foes of victories that the Sunhawks have won, and cause them to think twice before engaging a squad of hawks in flight.

~ a still ragged and jittery Gabriel Di Greoni

Back