"Takes double damage" or "Takes Half Damage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpariury

Duke
Do different types of "takes double damage" effects (small e) stack, and if so, is it additive or compounded?

i.e. Let's say I'm undead (takes double damage from Healing) and I'm hit with a Curse of Destruction: double damage from everything. Do I now take quadruple from Healing? What if I now get hit with the flaw: "For the remainder of the event, caster takes double damage from Healing." Do I take eight times the damage, or just six?

Re: "Takes double damage"

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made will be posted here. Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

Re: "Takes double damage"

Appending another thread on pretty much the same topic:

One of the Ritual Manipulations is "The bearer of the item takes half damage from <Element> while taking double damage from <Element>." If someone is using more than one item with this ability versus the same element, do they only take half damage, or do they take quarter damage? (The corresponding, "do they take double or quadruple damage?" part will probably be answered by the other thread, but it's something to keep in mind when answering this one, for consistency.)

The owners have approved the following rules change:

WORDING CHANGE: Under the "Damage" qualifier entry in the rulebook, add: "A target will take a maximum of x4 damage from any single attack no matter how many effects they currently have that double damage."

In addition, ARC is publishing the following clarification:

The rules change concerning stacking damage (i.e. that it goes to a maximum of x4 damage) should also be applied in reverse; i.e. no matter how many effects they currently have that halve damage, damage can only go to a minimum of 1/4 of its original value.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back