Tavern Changes and Meal Plan

Thorgrim

Artisan
Hello everyone, I just wanted to give folks some updates on the meal plan for June and going forward at Jesse’s new site as there will be some pretty big challenges and changes.

Price:
The meal plan will now cost $20, which includes breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings, and dinner on Saturday night. We will still offer a dinner only option for $10. We have heard you loud and clear regarding NPC’s paying for meals and we’re hoping to implement some changes that will allow us to feed all of them for free, barring any significant change to our normal PC:NPC ratio.

Menu:
We won’t to be able to offer as varied a menu as we have in the past. We have very limited refrigerator space, limited access to power, no running water etc. at the new site. The only kitchen we have access to is in Jesse’s house and it’s not large enough to cook meals for 50+ people and we’d have to carry everything back and forth from to the tavern. Most meals will be cooked in my smoker or on a propane powered griddle that I have purchased and donated so we can still have hot breakfasts. Unfortunately, this lack of variety also includes specialty meals for people with certain dietary restrictions. The only dietary restrictions we can accommodate are keto/gluten free and vegetarian, as they are by far the most common. If you have any other allergies or restrictions please let me know about them, but I can’t promise we can provide a meal plan option for you every meal.

Drinks:
The last two events I have had to spend a significant amount of money on sodas and juices that are enjoyed by everyone, not just those who pay for the meal plan. In order to offset this cost so that we can feed plot and NPC’s for free, we are asking players and NPCs to donate a 2 liter of soda, a bottle of orange juice, or other similar beverage to the tavern each game to be shared by everyone. A single 2 liter of soda isn’t too expensive, and if everyone were to donate one, we’d probably have enough soda to last most of the season. We will still be providing coffee, and powdered drinks like lemonade and Gatorade, but I’m relying on donations for the rest. These are OOP donations, the in-play coin made from selling drinks in the tavern will still go to the hard working tavern volunteers.

Refrigerator Space:
We do not have the refrigerator space for people to store their personal food and drinks in the tavern. You will need to bring your own cooler with plenty of ice since we won’t have any ice on site. (I think NPC’s may have access to limited fridge space, but talk to Jesse on that). There also won’t be power available in the cabins, so if you need something to cook on you will have to bring your own power, your own camp stove, etc.

Payment and Feedback:
Finally we are going to be updating the Paypal payment option for the meal plan to go directly to me, as well as your meal plan selections on the pre-reg form. This is to take the weight off of logistics, Jesse, and Mike’s shoulders. Payment will be due the Sunday before the event. If you register late and still want to purchase the meal plan, just send me an email to let me know ASAP, and we can try to accommodate you. If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, regarding the meal plan, please email me at tavern@alliancedenver.com. I want to thank everyone in advance for their patience and understanding as we transition to the new site and the new meal plan.

July Meal Plan

Saturday Breakfast:
  • Coming Soon
Saturday Dinner:

• Coming Soon
Sunday Breakfast:

• Coming Soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Back