Tavern food for 2014

Laiyesta

Greetings from the new Tavern management! As you may now know, I will be running the Tavern for events this year, both in (under Stony) and out of character (looking forward to meeting you all IC).

In order to provide you with the best possible service, it would be extremely helpful if everyone who is considering purchasing a meal plan could provide me with some specific information regarding any adverse conditions regarding what foods you can eat. It can't guarantee that I can accommodate every possible combination of problem ingredients, but I’m willing to try.

Please note that giving me this information does not guarantee that I will be able to accommodate everyone but given the overall goal of providing healthy, genre-appropriate menus, it is likely that I can accommodate most needs. It is my goal to make the Tavern meals immersive, tasty, and healthy for all players. Thank you for providing me the information I need to reach that goal.

The Questions:

Are there any foods you are allergic to? This refers specifically to having an immune reaction to a substance. If so, what are your food allergies, and how severe are the reactions (mild, moderate, severe, life-threatening)? If you know the specific protein or other substance that you are allergic to, please indicate that, as it will help me avoid using ingredients that may contain it without obviously containing its source (such as Casein for those with a milk protein allergy).

Are there any foods you are intolerant to? This refers to an inability to digest the food, with medical symptoms occurring when it is eaten. If so, what are the problem foods, and how severe are the reactions? If you know the specific substance you are intolerant to (such as lactose), please indicate it, so that I can watch for it as a sneaky ingredient.

Are there any foods you are medically sensitive to? This refers to having medical symptoms when the food for any reason other than allergy or intolerance, or for unknown reasons. If so, what are the problem foods, and how severe are the reactions? If you know the specific substance you are sensitive to (such as capsaicin), please indicate it, so that we can watch for it as a sneaky ingredient.

Are there any foods you simply cannot stomach? This refers to food that revolts you so badly that you are completely unable to eat it without becoming ill. Please be specific; if a cooked form is fine, but the raw form is edible, or vice versa, that sort of thing. Also mention if it is the taste, texture, smell, etc., that is the problem, so that I can be aware of other possible foods that could cause a problem.

Is there any other information I would need in order to provide you with food that is appropriate and safe? You do not need to provide any specific information about medical conditions if you do not wish to, but knowing that, for example, someone will need precise information about ingredients or macronutrient levels (lots of medical reasons to count carbs, for example) will help me be ready with that information. Any information you provide will be only used for food preparation and planning.

Please contact me at Tavern@AllianceDenver.com

Jack

And thanks for being willing to run tavern!

I'm sure Barbara, Jen, Becky and Lacey can all attest that it is hard work, but a great tavern can add such wonderful atmosphere to a game (and I've seen the gaping void left when there's no tavern), so kudos to you for stepping up!

I'm very happy to help. Lacey and Jen will still be there helping me out. I can’t thank them both enough for all they did before and will continue to do to help. I hope you all get as much enjoyment out of the food as I will get from making it.

Hello!

I am allergic to coconut. I would say it is mild to moderate depending on format i.e. if I eat a cookie with coconut oil, death will certainly not happen though I will be red faced, twitchy and slightly swollen. Eating actual coconut however would be a more serious issue. (I haven't made that mistake in >10 years though, so I'm not sure how severe it would be. I'd probably just take a lot of benadryl, drink copious amounts of water, and pass out, but a hospital could be required.)

Thank you for your tavern-ing and I look forward to our continued acquaintance. :)

- Briannon Roberts

Back