Tell me about the horror monster

hello all,

For those of you who haven't noticed me going to sleep really early, I have certain sleeping medicine I have to take at a certain time. Because of that I missed the two prop monsters that sounded awesome. Apparently one walked by my bed and I didn't even know.

If you didn't list it in your feedback can you tell me what it was like seeing them from your perspective? I'm sure Collette will ask in game again but I just know the boys put a lot of work in the.. The pride said they were super cool but not everyone is the most descriptive in the group and I want to hear stories!

As a long time LARP person in general. I'd say this is probably an all time memory Maker for me. It was surreal. Like living Cloverfield in real life. Coming from the healers guild across the field I made everyone crouch until they had all pretty much said the eauequival of WTF is that?!?!

~For funsies~

We ran, not because we wanted to but because we had no other option. We had much ground to cover and little time to do it. Shadows crept across the edge of the field and we took no chances in guessing which were cast by us and which were foes waiting for us to misstep. Legs pounded the grass but our hearts pounded faster. For some, the adrenaline was cause by fear, but for most of us it was the familiar feeling of raw determination and sheer will. We had a job to do.

A light danced across our path, luring an invitation to play in carefree whimsy, but we knew better. Though we couldn't see it, we knew the haunting fish that carried the light, with its sunken eyes, angular features, and rows upon rows of dagger sharp teeth. Had it seen us? We slowed our pace, anticipating an attack that wouldn't come.

Ahead of us, chaos erupted in front of the tavern. Screams of panic drew our full attention and as we hit the ground to hide our silhouettes, the bodies of our allies hit the ground and laid unmoving. Though we couldn't see the attacker initially, we couldn't take our eyes off the waves of people it slaughtered with ease.

Suddenly, there was quiet. A few people worked quickly to mend their fallen friends, who in turn rose to help others and the chain continued until all seemed well again. We took advantage of this lull to dash the last length of field to the uncertain "safety" of the tavern. Information did not come easily as those who had just witnessed the Horror tended to their armor and called out to their allies to ensure no one had been lost to the night.

The moment did not last long however. As someone called "There's another!" I spotted a tall, narrow figure trudging almost out of sight, but its pale coloring betrayed its location against the darkness. Its movement seemed cumbersome at first but before we could be thankful for our apparent advantage, the creature chose a victim and rushed forth with surprising ease.

It was only then that I gained full vision of the grotesque beast. The head was small but its sunken eyes and massive beak hung forward from a tapered long neck, low enough to look you in the eye if you dared move too close. Its broad shoulders were the highest point, easily an adventurer and a half tall. Spiked claws were a full body length each and sliced with deadly accuracy. The most disturbing limbs protruded from behind-- long thin, yet powerful legs, much like a grasshopper but with too many joints, propelled it forward faster than we expected. The entire body of the creature was almost skeletal in nature, but without being undead.

This is great! I missed this part too Evie. Joe and I had to leave due to a family thing on Sunday.

I gotta say that it has been wonderful reading these literary recaps of the weekend and the assault on town. Its a hugely powerful feeling to inspire others with your story. I can't thank everyone enough for the good times had. I'm putting together a blog on how the Hook Horror was put together shortly. For those that missed it this 30 second clip I did in my back yard yesterday to show off the motion of the puppet might help.

Back