Telling wylderkin apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the Wylderkin race in the rulebook it says that "Players are free to use their imagination in creating a wylderkin as long as makeup is worn and it is obvious that the player is not playing another player race." Does this also apply to other wylderkin? In other words, does Wylderkin makeup have to be distinct enough to tell them apart by sight from other Wylderkin?

For the purposes of clarity, I play a Jack-Russel-Terrier kin but the makeup I wear makes it fairly difficult to tell me apart from, say, another type of dog kin by sight alone. I'm assuming there's no issue but you know what they say about assuming...

This rule exists to ensure you can't be mistaken as one of the "other races." Of course, you should strive to rep your specific "breed" as best you reasonably can, but as long as you're distinctly "kin," you're good.

Upvote 0
The idea here is if you want to play some sort of bird-kin, you need to have an obvious beak or other bird features so you are not confused with a Biata. Cats are right out. If you are doing an animal that is black or white, you need make sure you cannot be mistaken for a Dark Elf or Stone Elf. If you are a horned Wylderkin you have to make sure you can't be confused for a MWE, etc. While it would be nice to be able to tell a wolfkin from a dingokin from a huskykin from a jakalkin, the rule is looking to make sure are recognizable as a Wylderkin and not one of the other 14 playable races.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back