Tents and new site

Pandi

I have a question for the new site(s) for the remainder of the year. How are tent policies being handled with IG vs OOG? Is there a good place for tents to be located near cabins/teams? It seems like if we do have all games at Beaver Creek for the rest of the year allowing any who are willing and able to tent would be most beneficial in making sure that we have enough cabin beds for those who need it and can't tent.

Thanks!

Mandi/Lumi

Good question. I asked for cabin just to try it but I've got a perfectly good OOG tent if space needs to be made and there's a reasonable place to put them.

Tent policies as far as setup? Or as far as in genre and out of genre?

According to Beaver Ranch (Sept and Oct games), "Tents are not permitted in the vicinity of the Main Lodge or Tipi Lodge (The Tavern)."

So what that means is that for Sept and Oct, as long as you keep your In period tents immediately near your friend's cabin, you should be fine. There are good enough areas near each of the cabins up top and perhaps a few below to accommodate this.
I am going to request that cabin #4 has no tents nearby as you could make a case for that being in the "vicinity" but all other cabins should be able to have their friend's tents nearby.

In addition, I am told that there are also other "tent sites" on site. If you have an out of genre tent and want to use that, I am going to request that out of genre tents camp here; not in the main "town" area of the cabins. If you have any questions at all, see me upon arrival. There are absolutely no pop up trailers or other recreational vehicles allowed on site.

For the November game, we will have much more leeway and I will address this again should you actually WANT to tent camp in November when we have nice heated cabins available... and 17 of them!

Jesse,

I know that you are very adamant about wanting to provide an immersive role playing environment, and I appreciate that you are so committed to that in your game. I know all of these changes have been difficult for you and for the staff, but it is also difficult for us as players. We have had to adapt and change our plans as well, specifically regarding sleeping arrangements since there are not enough cabins to house everyone. Frankly, I am shocked and disappointed that you are so vehement about the separation of tents for a somewhat last minute game. I understand the reasons for it, but at the same time this puts me in a no win situation; I am either going to have to be away from my team OR invest more money/time into "genre-ifying" my tent (which I don't have the time or money for). Figured I would just let you know I am still very excited about this weekend. Thanks for pulling through and finding a site for the game!

Karlee/Cynder

Thanks Jesse!

More good news!

After some negotiating a minute ago, our new get off site time is now 2pm instead of 12!!

Huzzah!

Sorry for the late notice but the camp just got back to me today with some answers to other questions I had.

Jesse

Jesse, I've been telling people we can be onsite by 4 pm on Friday, is that correct? Also all parking in the bottom parking lot once you drop off your car, correct?

4 is correct for players.
Staff is 3!

Yes, all must park in the lot near the entrance behind the chain link fence.
There are two exceptions to this for THIS event only.
My van which will load all NPC camp will be allowed to remain near cabin 8. This will also serve as a vehicle if there are any emergencies.
I have also given another player with a serious injury permission to park near the dog park for Saturday only.

Back