The Andar Crier - news from around the kingdom

jpariury

Duke
The Andar Crier - news from around the kingdom
Nobility abounds from adventuring community in Crossroads
The Barony of the Crossroads is noted for its strong adventuring community. In recent months, leaders in their community have been granted noble titles for their exemplary service to the Crown in these troublesome times. Surprising to some, two of them were found among the gypsies of the region: Kerjal Obcidian and Trianna Dvorjak were each granted the title Warden of Truth. As well, young elven lad Nye Isilme and the dark elf healer Eli'Razael'Daeva'Sahkar'Saephis were both granted Lordships in her Majesty's realm, while celestial caster Ahroune'Phedraeshmedia'Dakasha was graced with a Ladyship. Krieger, once Knight of the realm, since retired, was granted pension for his recent and past services to the Queen. And finally, as the two leaders in the events that unfolded, Ambassador Polare Lissenstine, a key player in a number of treaties surrounding the denizens of the Crossroads, was granted Barony over Keystone and the good Knight Sir Shikar Al'Basteua, known to a number of people in Court, has been raised in rank to Knight-Baron of the Crossroads. Even a young hobling lass by the name of Shae Ryder was given the position of Page to Her Majesty herself.

Please join us in raising a glass in honor of the recently-elevated nobility, and let us hope that this is a sign of more good deeds to arise from the adventuring community around the Kingdom.

A fishing village fortifies
The simple fishing village of Silverhook Bay has begun building on a seawall entryway to the bay for which they are named, as well as an emergency drydock, by order of the Naval Brigade, much to the irritation, and in some cases, outright rage, of the locals.
"It don't seem right, you know, to up and block off our livelihood." one villager is quoted as saying, "Fishing is serious business. We run a tight schedule, and if we have to wait for warships to make their way through a single entry port, we lose money. Fish rot, you know!"

A retired sailor by the name of Mister Hammond had this to offer : "It don't seem like it would help if those Undying bastards decided to attack here. They're undead, right? An' they don't breev, right? Why would they bother with trying to float ships in if they could just walk on the bottom o' the ocean, right under them walls, and pop up behind 'em. Seems like we just got made a target, if you ask me." He was quick to add, however, "But we're happy to serve the Crown, any way we can, always. Just don't forget, I'm retired."

Tensions continue to build on the Llanty border
Townships along the border of what was once the Empire of Llantry have no reason to sigh with relief. In a series of surprising betrayals, armies from the Undying Isles have turned on their once-allies and swept through the Empire as a scythe through wheat. Much of the Empire now lies in ruin, and the soldiers of the Empire find themselves facing more and more loved ones, raised with dark rivulets of necromantic energy. Rumours abound that one of the highly-placed generals has made his way to the southern region in the hopes shoring up their dwindling resources, and has established a fortified position from which he and his people are holding strong.

And while this change might seem as a great boon to Andarian towns on the border, it only enhances the fears, for clearly the army of the Undead will not be content to remain within those borders. Brave men and women from the adventuring community and military forces have been sent out to help secure and fortify the outlying townships. What this means in the long run is only a matter for time to to reveal.

Mineral resources running low
Even with the fall of the Empire of Llantry, the archipelago known as the Undying Isles continue to threaten coastal towns of the Kingdom, requiring the Crown's Fleet to remain on constant guard, and in constant need of good arms and equipment. Unfortunately, Whistler's Pass, a key community supplying the Crown with good ore, has had all communication cut off, and shipments tapered down in the past six months to nothing. Excursions to the region have resulted in the deaths of a number of scouting parties, with those resurrecting bearing no memory of the events leading up to their deaths. With most military forces either focused to the rebuilding efforts, or commissioned to Her Majesty's Naval Brigade, The Crown is currently working to mobilize some of its finest men and women to investigate in a more official capacity, and with better arms.

In related news, the price of truesilver has nearly doubled, and iron ore has tripled as a result of the shortage. Commodity speculators are suggesting that if the shortage continues for many more months, the value of raw ore per pound may exceed that of even gold. Merchanting houses are said to be scrambling in order to cash in on this recent windfall.

Even in war, life and love must go on
More news from the trading community of the Crossroads: wedding bells are in the air. Ambassador-Baron Polare Lissenstine has recently been wed to the Countess Di'Orsini, daughter to the region's own newly appointed Duke. Adventurers from near and far travelled to the Duke's estate to wish them a long life of happiness. This on the heels of the good Baron's recent ascent to noble title, it is clearly a banner summer for his household. Congratulations to our newly-wed couple from all of us at the Crier.

In closing
In closing our newletter, dear readers, we find that events of the past few months have brought about some joy, some hardship, new friends, and new enemies on the horizon. The Undying Isles are a long way from our beloved home, and we suspect that in the days, weeks, and months to come, we will find more of the same, in wonderous and fearsome new forms. We leave you now with a song whose origins are lost in time and tradition.

Kind friends and companions, come join me in rhyme
Come lift up your voices in chorus with mine
Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again

Here's a health to the company and one to my lass
Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass

Here's a health to the dear lass that I love so well
Her style and her beauty, sure none can excel
There's a smile upon her countenance as she sits on my knee
Sure there's no one in in this wide world as happy as we

Our ship lies at harbor, she's ready to dock
I hope she's safe landed without any shock
If ever we should meet again by land or by sea
I will always remember your kindness to me

Tacked on beneath the newsletter

Concerning Whistler's Pass
It has come to the attention of the Crown that a number of adventurers and nobles from this community and others have either expressed an interest or been requested to investigate the matter of Whistler's Pass. It is therefore advisable to make all interested parties aware of the following:

Use of the Ward and Wizard Lock spells are illegal, per Our treaty with the Hapali tribe of Barbarians, native to the region. The same goes for any area-effect Celestial-based ability or effect, including a formal-cast one, that endures longer than one hour, including, but not limited to, spellcraft or formally-cast Circles of Power, Glyphs of Warding, and Planar gates. The Hapali tribe have the right to prosecute violators as according to their customs. Should Identification be necessary, there is a permanent Celestial circle owned by a local guild from which Identification and other services may be purchased.

Should the region be found under a serious threat both locally and to the Kingdom at large, it is recommended that a Whispering Wind is sent to local nobility, so that the region can be secured as necessary.

The Crown gives thanks to those gifted individuals and groups that take up the duty of discovery and investigation.

Back