The bear migrates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

::The sound of war drums dance on the air. A large Red Bear enters through the misty edges of the dream realm. The bear stands on its hind legs and roars before quickly morphing into a tall broad high orc::

People of the land called Kupspar, I am Tra'kad who is called Oso, son of Peloquin, son of Cyric of the Bane bloodline. Warchief Peloquin answered the call of the mighty Kilgore for more reasons than you might think. I am proud that my father died fighting a great darkness. Clan Red Bear is being forced from its home in the Caldarian wildlands because of some political war. We are not political warriors and neither do our numbers allow us to wisely go to battle. Our clan needs new lands and new darkness to fight and so Warchief Peloquin has lead the clan here. We will not take any land here that is not either given or we are told we are welcome too. Soon I will come to your lands and show you how Wildlands High orcs do battle. I ask that you do not hunt the red bears that have traveled with us. They are our clans companions and we must make sure they will breed here before we may continue honoring them by ending their lives. I warn you that our Warchief is newly fallen and though most of my clan has calmed their mind, blood on the lips of high orc makes us itchy for more battle. I wish to speak with someone about this Dark Matron I heard of. Is it true high orcs have been enslaved in these lands? Should this dream reach Kilgore's mind, as my father followed you into battle so shall we. Please seek me out so we may speak. Until we meet. Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

::the Orc walks off into the distant mist, knocks on the air and scratches his head::

Cyric, Phedre? I'm ready to get out now. Do magic!

Oso....just wake up..or dream something else.... :er:

-Cyric

A gypsy warrior sits a a fire before a colorful wagon. He stands, and gestures to a place by the fire.

Oso,

I am Teovel deTomros Viatsa, called Teo. 
I call Kilgore friend, and the Red Bear has shared enemies with me, and so I greet you and offer you a place at my fire.
It gives me pain to tell you, as I must, that it is true the dark matron of the dwarves and her servants have long held your people as slaves in her lands. I have never been there to see it myself, but many times have your people been welcomed to pass our lands to fight and seek freedom, and many a Romani, along with our kin the Besche, have had the honor to follow them when they go, and to fight beside them. I am proud that Romani and Besche  blood has often been spilled in this cause. Perhaps as more of your kin arrive, the last of the chains will finally be broken and cast down.  Perhaps this is the true purpose of the events which drive you here, to bring about that joyful day of freedom. To drink with your people on the day of that celebration would be a great honor.

Until that joyful day, I bid you welcome; I offer my swords to your causes, even as your people have offered theirs to mine, and I honor your peoples' sacrifice by pledging that from this day the red bears of your people shall be as an omen of great good fortune to me. Let us greet each other as friends, and let the foes of orcs and Romani tremble and despair!

Teo.

Oso, I be Kilgore. Your father be a brave warrior and he died courageously to help us all. When you come to Kupspar, we talk and drink.

~Kilgore

Ah Oso,

of Clan Red Paw. I spoke with your grandfather, I believe it was, Cyric. I am to be traveling with your clan. As a native of this continent, from the province of Maldature, allow me to be a bit of a guide to you as well. I'll happily answer any questions I can regarding this lands rich history. I won't even charge.

Lenry Mugridge

::phedre speaks softly into the dream realm, the voice sounds like the speaker is smiling::

Tra'kad, it is good to hear your voice, even if it's always you thinking I can help you wake up. Tell your body to sit up, and try not to hit your head too hard on whatever you're sleeping under. Then tell your eyes to open. Then go make some coffee and eggs. I've missed those mornings.

I'm glad you've decided to come to these lands, they seem good. Or at least the parts I read about outside this... outside the place I ended up. I can't come to the town the adventurers meet in, something keeps me from there; I've heard something about it being connected to Void.

Many things seem to have changed over the winter, some for the good and others for the bad. I wish I could have been there, could have helped somehow in Caldaria, it seems to have become a giant mess. If there is anything I can do to help you or Redpaw, let me know. Dreams are the best way to reach me, I've been traveling the mists too much for messengers to be reliable.

Travel well, Tra'kad. Being without a home is never easy on the heart.

::A large white feline with some cougar markings, and black tears from its eyes moves to stand beside the large broad orc. It does not speak, but remains a silent presence until this dream has ended.::

::the high Orc permits a huge grin to overtake his face::

Phedre, Teacher Zehnyu, it is refreshing to see you both. The mists have not permitted me to come find you. The Caldarian wildlands are a mess. Abu'kai and Basaliik shrunk the clans numbers so much that we were going to move to Zychuk. But Peloquin needed to die and living in Zychuk would likely only give him death in honor battles. A 20 year old Orc versus Zychuks berserkers would not bring him the honor he earned. Then he heard the war cry of Kilgore in his mind and the shamans confirmed what he had already decided. I, unfortunately was around Badril's Rest at the time and he spared no runner to fetch me. It was only when I returned to the clan to bring news that I found the message left for me. Now we are here. Q is watching over the clan as we get sorted. It is likely Q will become the next Warchief unless he turns it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back