The effects of the Blightlands

J'rajj

Chicago Staff
Good day unbounded. I am High Vindicator Constantine of the Earth's Chosen. Regarding the recently uncovered research facility by the Mistweavers and their call for aid from you unbounded, there is something about the Blightlands you should all be made aware of. The Mistweavers have temporarily suppressed the Blight effects in the immediate area around the research outpost, but anybody wandering beyond those limits will be subject to the debilitating effects of the Blightlands. I know not if any of you had ventured beyond the walls of Rathfall on your last visit, but the Blightlands is a hostile place to all but the most vile creatures. My Adherent scouts and researchers report the following to be the definitive effects of extended stay within the Blight:

Three hours in the Blight - Constant lethargy. Able to be suppressed with various curatives, but will return shortly after.
Six hours in the Blight - A disease takes the entire body. Inability to accept healing via magics or alchemical means. The disease can be suppressed by a curative, but will return shortly thereafter.
Nine hours in the blight - The body becomes partially infused with necromantic energies. All attacks by the afflicted will bear the evils of necromancy behind them.
Twelve hours in the blight - The afflicted is bewitched to move further into the Blightlands, with no regard for safety or self-preservation.
Fifteen Hours in the blight - The afflicted's spirit disintegrates, and the body falls dead, never to rise again.

Even though you unbounded have significantly more spiritual sturdiness than us of Rathfall and the Grimere Expanse, I surmise the Blight would take you all the same. Please, take care not to wander too far.

High Vindicator Constantine

This is much appreciated information High Vindicator,

Asher

High Vindicator Constantine,

First, congratulations on your ascension to High Vindicator. I do hope you are able to return the balance and good name of the Rathfall Earth's Chosen.

Second, what is the process to purge the Blight infection once it has taken root?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

First, congratulations on your ascension to High Vindicator. I do hope you are able to return the balance and good name of the Rathfall Earth's Chosen.

Second, what is the process to purge the Blight infection once it has taken root?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Keeper Hartsboon,

I thank you. I have been hard at work to restore the trust of the people with the Order.

There is a mineral called malatite that can be found sparsely within the hills of Rathfall. It can partially reduce the symptoms of the Blight, but not outright cure them. Otherwise, abstaining from sorties into the Blightlands for around twenty-eight days will allow the body to naturally purge the Blight.

Keeper Hartsboon,

I thank you. I have been hard at work to restore the trust of the people with the Order.

There is a mineral called malatite that can be found sparsely within the hills of Rathfall. It can partially reduce the symptoms of the Blight, but not outright cure them. Otherwise, abstaining from sorties into the Blightlands for around twenty-eight days will allow the body to naturally purge the Blight.

Greetings to you High Vindicator,

I also echo the Keeper's congratulations for your new post.

We are most grateful to you for sharing about the existence and properties of malatite. I have a small handful of questions regarding its use:
  • Who would be a good point of contact if we wish to secure some malatite for the sake of our endeavors?
  • Is there further reading or study I can follow up with to learn more about the mineral and how it ameliorates Blight symptoms?
  • Is the process for turning it into a remedy better suited towards Alchemy or Brewing?
  • Is there a possibility for its application to become a step towards a more robust curative?
I imagine this mineral must be a valuable resource for your people, and I wouldn't want our community to monopolize so precious a thing. Please let us know if we can aid in the gathering, production, or advancement of malatite as an anti-Blight treatment.

May the Earth bloom before you,
Housemother Adlao

Last edited:
Greetings to you High Vindicator,

I also echo the Keeper's congratulations for your new post.

We are most grateful to you for sharing about the existence and properties of malatite. I have a small handful of questions regarding its use:
  • Who would be a good point of contact if we wish to secure some malatite for the sake of our endeavors?
  • Is there further reading or study I can follow up with to learn more about the mineral and how it ameliorates Blight symptoms?
  • Is the process for turning it into a remedy better suited towards Alchemy or Brewing?
  • Is there a possibility for its application to become a step towards a more robust curative?
I imagine this mineral must be a valuable resource for your people, and I wouldn't want our community to monopolize so precious a thing. Please let us know if we can aid in the gathering, production, or advancement of malatite as an anti-Blight treatment.

May the Earth bloom before you,
Housemother Adlao

Ah, Earth's Chosen Adherent Adlao. Greetings to you as well.
I would like to speak with you and the other Unbounded who I inducted into our Order at this upcoming market. I plan on visiting the Mistweaver camp near the newly discovered outpost in the Blightlands. I will answer your inquiries at that time.

Last edited:

I would be pleased to connect with you as part of the group. Although, I must confess to you that many things have transpired since our last meeting, and I have since left behind all other worldly attachments, including my mark of The Earth's Chosen, in order to follow The Way. I am eager to share with you the epiphanies that have led me to take The Three Vows.

I look forward to our meeting!

With warm regards,
Housemother Adlao- HM

Back