The end game is here. Important information contained.

Tantarus

Knight
People may or may not know but we learned 2 important things last gathering. They are as follows:

First and most important. The elder dryad has confirmed the valley goes in 1000 year cycles. And we are in the final year. So unless we can break the cycle everyone in the valley will be wiped out in the next 12 months, perhaps much less.

We were able to mostly translate the 4 drawings found in the cave where the golem known as WAR was release. Thanks Kasuni for getting copies of these. They are as follows:

Page 1 - "But then, ___ found two tables that would give great power to the Nahui."
Page_3.jpg

Page 2 - "He brought them to his shaman, who rewarded him for his Na."
Page_4.jpg

Page 3 - "The shaman ___ and used the tablets to rewrite the meaning of war and peace."
Page_1.jpg

Page 4 - "Now, the Nahui calls WAR."
Page_2.jpg

The 3rd one I believe is the key to saving the valley. And likely what caused a lot of the issues going on.

So what does this all mean? It is hard to say for sure. But the following is my best guess. Any information people have needs to be shared so we can make sure to resolve things in a way that does not wipe out everyone in the valley.

The Nahui used the dagger on the tablets of WAR and PEACE to alter the meaning of war and peace in the valley. This was followed by a long darkness likely creating the plane of echos as well as many other echo/ghost/spirit related events. As well as cursing the Nahui.

I believe that the lord of echos is somehow related to the sacrifice that changed the meaning of war and peace. We know he is not an elemental, but more of a hybrid elemental living person. Perhaps he is the Spirit of Peace trapped in this form. Or perhaps the Scholar is the Spirit of Peace. And he will be the Prime Denizen of the plane of echos should we remove the lord of echos. What is the best way to bring peace to an area? Kill everyone that can start wars. This would also explain why chaos hurts the echos more then normal. They are actually peace spirits.

I do not believe the lord of echos is the undoer in the elder dryad's prophecy. He is like all echos, just trying to fulfill a task, repeat. His task as he has said is to die. But he can't do it so he is trying to use the dagger to end the valley. But this is a side effect of what he is trying to do, not the goal itself. Also killing him could have very bad repercussions. Even releasing the real Undoer. We must seriously consider if we should deliver the final kill when the chance comes up.

The Spear and the Blanket were created at this same time as the changing of the meaning of War and Peace. They and the dagger maybe the keys to fixing the meaning of war and peace and putting all the echos to rest as well as turning the corrupt back into sarr.

What does all this mean? And how can we prevent a untimely end to the valley and everyone in it?

I think we need to obtain the 2 tablets of War and Peace. This must be our primary focus the coming gathering.

And bring them together with the Spear of War and Blanket of Peace. As well as perhaps reacquire the Sheath to go along with the dagger. From there we will have all the parts we need to fix the valley. We will just need have to figure out how to do it. Bring on the Lore scrolls.

Any information people can add maybe important. We have all been finding clues for years. It is time to solve the mystery of the valley. Time is short.

Sir Tantarus Andrada

Do we have any idea what will happen to the entity called War once The Lord of Echoes is destroyed?

-Zeth

Question, would altering the sigil for war render all previous sigils inert?

Karzel

New information gathered from friends recently has lead me to believe the undoer is certainly not the lord of echos. He is likely an Icon of fire. We now know from the dryads that the Nahui survived the last 1000 year cycle. In their new corrupt form, they heal from fire. We also know everything is burned and destroyed by an unkillable creature. Some stone structures and underground ruins survived as well. If they could survive the end of the cycles they would have no reason to fight and stop the lord of echos from ending the valley. And what the Lord of echos was trying to do with the dagger is distinctly different then what the dryads described as likely happening.

We need to make sure that he is not released at all costs. Or the valley will be lost. The tablets of war and peace must be found. It is likely they started the cycles in the first place. Also we need a visions cast on/about the Peace Blanket if that has not already happened. If so any information about what was seen would be great.

Here are the results of one on the spear:
I remember that the Spear had been enchanted through magic on multiple occasions, although the magic that it was enchanted with wasn't the traditional ritual power that we use today. It was owned and used by the Nahui, but a different version of the Nahui- not as we know them today. I couldn't see them clearly, but I could feel that it was them, only different. I also remember that the vision ended with an abrupt silence, both in sound and in sight. It was as if something went wrong, and everything was dark for a very long time. Thousands of years passed. Eventually, out of the darkness I saw glowing red eyes, and then the vision ended.
Credit to Kasuni for this tidbit.

Draven said:
Do we have any idea what will happen to the entity called War once The Lord of Echoes is destroyed?

-Zeth

I don't really follow your line of logic on this question. I am not sure anything would happen or if the two are even related. But no, we don't know.

Norman B said:
Question, would altering the sigil for war render all previous sigils inert?

Karzel

That is the hope. But there is no way to know for sure.

Uh, Tantarus? Ah hate ta' be tha' bearer o' bad news an' all that, but ain't this Dreamscape here pretty durn public fer tha' info yer tryin' ta send out? Ain't ya worried some 'bout tippin' off them red-eyed ugly fellers by throwin' yer plans out into tha' aether here where anyone maht grab a-hol' o' them?

Don' get mah wrong, Ah think this is purty darn important stuff you've got goin' on about here, but Ah wonder if'n an in-person meetin's of tha townsfolks would be a mite bit more, uh, prudent-like.

-Peter

I considered that and I don't really have anything to hide. It is time to put all the cards on the table. I believe that the Nahui have a shared interest in defeating the lord of echos. And no interest in letting the cycles keep going. They have tried to break the cycles already. We have common enemies and common cause for the time being. We can get back to killing each other after if that is their wish. Though I am hoping for a more peaceful outcome.

Tantarus

Tantarus said:
We also know everything is burned and destroyed by an unkillable creature.

I suppose this could also be a large fire breathing dragon or a few other things. I am still leaning on fire icon however.

Per a conversation between Shay and Elder Lindell:

'There is a legend that the forest spirit Vedis had once tried to stop the Cycle. Because he could inhabit any tree that was mighty enough, he once worked until the very last instant to stop the Cataclysm. Unfortunately, all of the first-hand information is now lost with Vedis, but much of it was hazy before, as the knowledge of a Forest Spirit is tied to their forest, and his forest had been destroyed many times over the span of the many Cycles he lived through since that attempt. What they know is that the Valley is doomed to end in a hail of Fire and Death, and that Vedis only quit fighting when the Valley burned so thoroughly that there were no longer trees ancient enough to support his form. If Vedis fought, he must have believed that the Cycle could be broken, but Vedis was young and did not yet have the power that the Tarndalians have since witnessed. Ancient Dryad lore says that a Forest Spirit is called with some of the knowledge and power of the previous one, and adapts to the circumstances of the Valley. As with other aspects of nature, the Forest Spirit should rise in the spring, but understand that it will be born in a time of war and will adapt and act accordingly.'

Once the new Forest Spirit rises, they will likely be a very valuable asset, especially if they hold some memory of Vedis's experience. If not, a spirit farewell might be in order. Sadly the forests themselves have come and gone, so that will impede the memory in either trial.

Tantarus, you say "everything is burned and destroyed by an unkillable creature." What makes you say it is a creature versus a backlash or side-effect of an event? The undoer could be something as simple as Scary Gary casting one final ritual with that dagger.

Also, what makes you think the Nahui have "no interest in letting the cycles keep going," and that "they have tried to break the cycles already"? Many of us have made the assumption that the Nahui became the Corrupt unintentionally, but maybe they turned themselves into the Corrupt with the specific goal of surviving the Cataclysm. All prior experience with the Nahui has been that they are a people of greed and power looking out only for themselves. If they think they are safe from the upcoming catastrophe, then there objective will likely be to stand by and allow it to occur....upon re-emergence of the 'new valley' they will be in complete control as not even the Dryad will survive- something I suspect they intended. As far as a "shared interest in defeating the Lord of Echoes," that does appear to be true, but if the Lord of Echoes is the representation of the Peace spirit as you proposed that is not good either. You bring up good and valuable points, but do not loose sight of the drive behind the Nahui. They are dangerous...very dangerous, and I would not be surprised if they turn out to be the bottom line.

- Slice

Slice said:
Per a conversation between Shay and Elder Lindell:

'There is a legend that the forest spirit Vedis had once tried to stop the Cycle. Because he could inhabit any tree that was mighty enough, he once worked until the very last instant to stop the Cataclysm. Unfortunately, all of the first-hand information is now lost with Vedis, but much of it was hazy before, as the knowledge of a Forest Spirit is tied to their forest, and his forest had been destroyed many times over the span of the many Cycles he lived through since that attempt. What they know is that the Valley is doomed to end in a hail of Fire and Death, and that Vedis only quit fighting when the Valley burned so thoroughly that there were no longer trees ancient enough to support his form. If Vedis fought, he must have believed that the Cycle could be broken, but Vedis was young and did not yet have the power that the Tarndalians have since witnessed. Ancient Dryad lore says that a Forest Spirit is called with some of the knowledge and power of the previous one, and adapts to the circumstances of the Valley. As with other aspects of nature, the Forest Spirit should rise in the spring, but understand that it will be born in a time of war and will adapt and act accordingly.'

This is where part of my later discussion of the Fire Icon or such is based along with the Nahui healing from fire. As well as a piece of information you have but I am not privy to discuss openly.

Once the new Forest Spirit rises, they will likely be a very valuable asset, especially if they hold some memory of Vedis's experience. If not, a spirit farewell might be in order. Sadly the forests themselves have come and gone, so that will impede the memory in either trial.

This assumes that we are still not in a time of war. And that it does not rise corrupted again. A spirit farewell maybe a good option. We should discuss this with the Dryad elders.

Tantarus, you say "everything is burned and destroyed by an unkillable creature." What makes you say it is a creature versus a backlash or side-effect of an event? The undoer could be something as simple as Scary Gary casting one final ritual with that dagger.

Anything is possible surely. But that comes from the same information as you stated above. Vedis the tree spirit fought a prolonged battle with something and the forests burned during it. We both know that unkillable is a relative term. Nothing is unkillable, even fae and dragons.

Also, what makes you think the Nahui have "no interest in letting the cycles keep going," and that "they have tried to break the cycles already"?
They put the dryads to sleep. Which changed the cycle with that. The Nahui are a proud people. I get the impression they would not allow another creature to dictate to them anything much less destroying all they have built every 1000 years. They started living underground and have become fire resistant. They have probably been surviving this far longer then we realized. We now know they have lived through the cycle at least once. I am guessing probably many more times then that.

Clearly I am inferring a lot about there intentions. If we think they created the cycles on accident which also destroys all they want to control. It follows they may wish to stop this form happening. What good is dominating the valley if it is destroyed over and over. Then you control nothing.

Also they attempted to keep magic from everyone else in the in the valley. Perhaps this was just a way to keep control and power. But perhaps it was there attempt to stop anyone from being able to set off the next catalyst or at least form releasing the lord of echos?

Many of us have made the assumption that the Nahui became the Corrupt unintentionally, but maybe they turned themselves into the Corrupt with the specific goal of surviving the Cataclysm. All prior experience with the Nahui has been that they are a people of greed and power looking out only for themselves. If they think they are safe from the upcoming catastrophe, then there objective will likely be to stand by and allow it to occur....upon re-emergence of the 'new valley' they will be in complete control as not even the Dryad will survive- something I suspect they intended.

I believe they tried to alter the meaning of war and peace as a weapon. Using the dagger. This failed and the valley was put into darkness for 1000s of years possibly. This is likely when they went underground and became the corrupt. They perhaps tried to fix the darkness or start up the light again. Unintentionally bringing the Fire Icon/undoer/whatever into the valley. This started the cycles. The undoer feeds every thousand years and then slumbers or perhaps is defeated and trapped. Who is to say. The fine points don't really matter to us.

As for the dryads, I think the Nahui put them to sleep never to wake up. We don't know how many cycles have passed since this happened. We assumed 1 or less then one. But it could be many more.

As far as a "shared interest in defeating the Lord of Echoes," that does appear to be true, but if the Lord of Echoes is the representation of the Peace spirit as you proposed that is not good either.
This is how I know the Lord of Echos is not the undoer. The nahui can live through a cycle. But they activiely helped us stop him from using the dagger to unmake the whole valley. That the Lord of echos or the Scholar is somehow related to Spirit of Peace is far from a sure thing. But there are 2 things that lead me to this as a best guess. The Nahui summoned WAR. Which can be taken to imply they banished Peace. And we know the Plane of Echos is not really a plane, but something created.

All of the echos seem to be harmless when not controlled directly by or following an order from the lord of echos. And we know he is not fully an elemental or spirit. Unlike the rest of them. Also the Echos are hurt by chaos. What we can make of all this I am not sure. That said Killing the Lord of echos without knowing what will happen while being a year that is know to destroy all in the valley seems too risky to leave to chance.

You bring up good and valuable points, but do not loose sight of the drive behind the Nahui. They are dangerous...very dangerous, and I would not be surprised if they turn out to be the bottom line.

With that said. At the current time the Nahui rank far below the Lord of Echos and the Undoer on the scale of problems we face this coming year. I am just prioritizing the threats we face as best we can.

Tantarus

Back