The FIRST Crossroads Favorites Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossRoads

Scholar
Owner
Crossroads Staff
Just wanted to open up a forum for people to post their favorites from this weekend.

A few of mine:

-Justin in the sauna with all the ladies
-Our girls... down by the the river
-Dan the Cool Cat photographer... let's get him to play, people!
-Being surrounded with love, support and beauty all weekend.
-Numerous five-minute conversations while shuttling people back and forth the shoot site.. everything from "AOE sexy" to "where do you get your IG racist jokes from?"
-Making a bunch of my favorite women feel and look like the goddesses they are

Would type more, too tired from drive.

Tab

This weekend was a lot of fun! I really felt positive about the experience and got to have some really good talks with a lot of great people.

-The Sauna was real funny...I can only imagine how I looked to Lauren when she saw me through the little window thing. Total relaxation.

-Being surrounded by so much positive energy,enthusiasm, and love.

-Being involved in something truly innovative and creative on behalf of the game we love.

-Green women lol..Illana and Marissa orcs ftw

-Barbar Emily with the deathblow shot on Tetsu, foot on my chest and all

-Christina and Tab maintaining really great attitudes and humor during all the craziness at their house. They are great motivators and their love for the game is palpable. Thank you both for organizing this project and making it a reality.

-Listening to the song Jen sent me for my birthday. I hadn't realized that she had sent me it because I am stupid at facebook lol. It was beautiful and Jen is awesome.

-The MWE shoot was really fun too. I like all the silly poses we did for that heh.

-Playing Halo with Scott

-Dee not breaking herself again in the woods on crutches. Dee is teh hardcore.

-Sparring with Will

-Accidentally almost insulting a random Russian guy. So I was digging around in the Kondrk-Mobile for a prop, and these folks were kind of lurking around site checking out what we were doing. Me and Tab often do silly slovac/rusky accents at eachother because...well it's fun okay! So anyway, this guy (in this thick Russian accent) asks if we are making a movie while I'm not looking. I totally responded in my accent like "Yes, we are make awesome movie, very nice!" and look over mortified that it is not Tab and in fact some guy just smiling confused with his more confused girl companion while I'm completely dressed in orc gear, dreads and all. So...we made friends and this guy ended up taking a picture of me and his gf together hahaha.

-The Money Shot - let's just say the treasure policy has been graced by a lot of sexy. Go Lauren.

-The undead shoot where Lauren M. was the sexy necromancer. Oh man, 5 inch heels on a soft dirt hill takes some serious balance.

Overall I think it was a huge success. I urge everyone in the Alliance to grab their own copy of this calendar when it becomes available. The pictures look absolutely beautiful. It is the product of pure love and dedication put together by some of the best people I am priviledged call my friends.

Go Alliance. Go Crossroads.

-Justin Coggin

-I agree, the sauna was the awesome. When I first agreed to a water photo, I didn't realize it would rain and the river would be FREEZING. Getting in the sauna (especially with such sexy people) was fantastic ;)

-The possible captions for the treasure policy shot. And the Gebous and Hunt jokes (with Will making the Quagmire noise, after hearing all the coin hit the ground!) And Tab being that excited to open the coin order!

-Christina telling me I had to try on a corset that was too long for everyone else, which was a smidge too short on me, and it earning me the nickname "Pink Lauren." I hate pink!

-Tab taking pictures while I was airbrushing Marissa.

-The epic amount of awesome that was Ali's Sarr shot, and the chatting that occurred during the application of 6 layers of white makeup, and the exposing of her back tattoos.

-Being told that I should be pretty, girly Lauren for a shot, and still ending up one of the bad guys!

-Being a blighted/malwoken/broken ritual casting Child of Autumn. And hearing the words "I'm going to have to write a stat card for this character." Yeah, that was possibly a panthergon I summoned. Played by Jesse Stanley. Deal with it! ;)

-The challenge of shooting in the partly cloudy weather. With sharp weapons.

-Being in the white "pretty" dress, and someone saying "It looks like you're getting married," Tab looking at Mike whispering "Say dodge! Say dodge!" while Mike went "Huh?" Two seconds were up. I've got you.

-Jesse and Kelly bringing nearly everything in existence to NH. That was awesome!

-Samara and Kelly's fae wings, and hearing how awesome Kelly's poses in the Twilight Elf shots were from Mike.

-Tab's occasional impromptu dances. What a sexy man you have, Christina!

-How excited we all got to see Dunkin Donuts on Sunday.

-Jen and her epic amount of makeup. Thank god you and Lauren were there, because I can do NPC makeup, but not girl makeup! Or girl hair, for that matter.

I cannot wait to see the pics! Or to do this whole crazy thing again next year :D

This weekend was awesome and exhausting. Through hazy of hilarious events a few things stand out in my mind:

- Showing up the night before the shoot, seeing friends, having that wonderful positive energy in the air. Not an amusing anecdote, but I love it. Nobody was able to hold to Tab and Christina's midnight bedtime, not that it mattered, all the girls looked gorgeous and rested anyway.

- Getting made fun of (again) for making fairly pretty MWE. This had better not turn into that stone elf picture all over again.

- Basically being a photographer's assistant all weekend was interesting. One more thing I can say I've done.

- The photographer Dan, this guy is awesome. Great sport about the crazy busy schedule we had, really got what we were going for, seemed enthused about the LARP angle, etc.

- Getting to get my martial arts nerd on while helping put together fight scenes and poses/stances for some of the shots. I'm especially happy with Kelly's Twilight elf samurai turned out.

- Sparring with Will, best practice I get fighting. Would have been a lot more of it wasn't a "work day".

- Seeing the Marissa and Lana do sexy orc pics. There need to be more orc girls dammit.

- Getting to see Jen show off a new side to her well known make up skills. The weekend was a procession of incredible work from her.

- Going back to the old New Hampshire site for the Sunday shoot. First time Jen and I had been back there since Syraandor went offline. So many memories and seeing Deb and Brian again after all this time was great.

This calendar is going to turn out beautiful I feel really good about how everything went. Jen and I will definitely help again for next year.

-George Grannis

We said it in a different thread, but I want to start again by saying "thank you" to every person that has supported this project. It's so humbling and exhilarating to be joined in starting this new chapter by such a large group of talented people.

A few favorites from this weekend:

-The Stanley Clown Car. I have no idea how that much stuff fit in one vehicle, but it was the awesome!
-Friday night dress-up... it was like we were all little kids playing in each others' closets for five hours
-All things Jen and George. You two saved the weekend as early as Friday afternoon, and kept it up for two and a half days. Thank you SO much for your help!
-Being told this shoot made someone's summer. After working so hard for months to put this together, it was really gratifying to know that people got something valuable from it.
-The look on Dan's face when I warned him that calling a Sarr a "pretty kitty" was likely to result in extreme violence
-Speaking of Sarr.. holy CRAP those photos looked amazing! Can't wait to get the proofs!!
-Watching how each of the models warmed up to the camera and the concept through the progression of the shoot. I know Tab already said it, but it was amazing to witness each woman as she really embraced her own beauty and inner light through the process of modeling.
-Sexy High Orc women. I haven't seen those photos, but just watching them being taken was amazing... if I could look HALF that good in green, I'd totally play one!
-The shenanigans with Russians. Seems like every time we get people together at our place there's something involving Russians. Hrmmmmmmm
-Positive attitudes and good will ruled the weekend, and made it possible to go Friday through Monday with almost no sleep.
-Spending time getting to know Deb on Sunday.. it's tremendous to be greeted with such hospitality, and to learn about another entrepreneur's projects and visions for the future!
-Seeing the next next next next next generation of Alliance player in Feyana
-Arguing with the photog about whether the ritual pictures were as good as I think they are. "You don't understand, this is AMAZING" was said more than once. :)

I could keep writing all night as I think about the weekend, but will restrain myself. There were great moments throughout all three days, and I look forward to continuing to move forward with this project and getting the the finished product out in the next month!

Wow...what a weekend!

I loved all the amazing costumes!

Going in the water in full skirt and white shirts and being told we can't go under because of risk of exposure (hey, there weren't supposed to be onlookers nearby lol).
Getting to do the little mermaid shot with me jumping out of the water while throwing my hair back....what an amazing shot that was!

Getting to appear in 3 different corsets 2 different dresses, and a Goth sexy vampire for amazingly awesome shots.

Getting to be a badass Necromancer in 5 inch heels.....and yes, balance was tricky on soft ground on a hill lol.

Watching Lauren try not to laugh so coins would not fall everywhere.....yes, our treasury is the best hehehehe.

Walking into the bathroom soaking wet and covered in mud from the river....about to strip and jump in the shower but instead look left and see Justin Spread Eagle in his boxer briefs with his head back and eyes closed directly in front of the sauna window. I laughed so loud as he opened his eyes to see my looking in with everyone else who piled in the bathroom to see what was soooo funny!

Being in amazing action scenes with real steel and boffers alike.

All the sexual innuendos that were flying everywhere this weekend....who could ask for anything more?!
Thank you soo much to Tab and Christina for doing this! It will be amazing! I can not wait to see the photos! This Calendar will be the Hottest thing to ever hit the Gamming World!
Mwa!
Lauren
Lariah

So now that I've had a few days to recover....

I want to let everyone know this was a truly awesome experience for me. I may have been completely exhausted and actually sick after the weekend but it was all worth it. I really had so much fun helping everyone out and getting to try out all sorts of things on the girls. Having that many different faces to work with really makes doing girlie makeup so different per person. I had fun with the challenge of color coordination and facial shape on each model I worked on. I know that might sound silly to some but it's something I really enjoyed doing.

I also felt really happy at being able to show my theater makeup ability as well. From working on Ali for about 2 hours to getting Dana's makeup ready in 15 minutes the challenge and the stuff I was able to come up with under pressure made me happy to see how well they turned out.

As far as favorite moments of the weekend, the whole time was awesome for me. I loved working with everyone, the level of comfort we all had with each other, the fact that all the girls could just move around the room and feel comfortable enough with us all in there that the whole getting changed and outfit switching was not that big a deal for us. I know that may sound a bit silly but it just lets you know how well we all worked together and how relaxed we were with everyone.

Tab and Christina, you guys held this whole thing together, you were well coordinated and efficient in how we ran everything. If you guys hadn't been doing what you did as well as you did, then we wouldn't have gotten through half of this project in time. You two came up with this awesome idea and you managed to bring it together, this project started out as a thought just a few months ago and now it is real and it exists. You have created something that I have not seen before and I can't wait until we do it all again next year.

So here's a few of my moments of the weekend.

Ali and I wrestling with her front tie corset. The amusement of it and the fact that her chest managed to defeat one of my fingernails. lol

Being the corset killer. I felt bad but at the same time it was amusing that apparently I can kill even the strong laces on those corsets.

The little airbrush that could. Poor thing, it really tried.

Bringing my foundation in case anyone didn't have theirs because I realized just how many of us are pale white girls.

Bobs everywhere!

Giving Justin his birthday song and it working just as I expected it to.

Simultaneously airbrushing and using the hair dryer on Ali to keep fer from freezing.

Hearing all the comments about George looking pretty again lol

Kelly in her evil sorceress outfit

Getting to meet Feyana for the first time, she's just so cute!

Seeing Deb and Brian, it's been quite a while. It was awesome to get the hugs and just to talk with Deb for a while. Also the amusement of hearing what Brian's reaction wash when she walked in to see him while she was all done up.

Seeing Dee and Scott, haven't seen them in a while either, it was good times.

That is everything I can think of. I just want everyone to know I had a blast doing this. I can't wait until we do it next year and I am looking forward to the new challenges we come up with.

Love you all,

Jen

Guh. Still tired from this weekend, I'm really glad Labor Day is Monday so I can sleep in!

Anyway, now that I have time, some quick faves:
-Finding an awesome corset that fit SO perfectly and was so cheap! Lauren, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you and thank you a million times over for letting me keep it. If you need another one in the future, let me know and I'll pick it up for you, save you the cost of shipping!
-How incredibly epic Ali's Sarr shots were. So incredible!!
-It's not easy being green... But it's so awesome! And I has teefs now too! I might have to really consider that for a tertiary. Orc women are HOT.
-Dan the Man's incredible talent and gift for making all of us feel gorgeous and sexy.
-Everyone there was just so fricking awesome!!! It seems like I'm using that word WAY too much, but it just describes it all. I felt totally comfortable around everyone and we all had so much fun!
-Making Lauren Y be a girly girl and seeing her wear pink for probably the first time since elementary school! ^_^
-Jen and George being the saviors of all of us, from makeup to picking my *** up to making the action shots look real and epic. You guys rocked!
-And of course, Tab and Christina. You guys worked so hard to get everything done, get everything in line and in order, and you made all of us feel welcome and beautiful and comfortable. Thanks for the chance to do this, can't wait until next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back