The Nature of Spirit

That is those composed of pure elemental energy simply had the form they manifested with on Fortannis disrupted to be later reformed on the home plane. IN essence the home plan was "spitting" out bits of itself onto the plane of Fortannis.

elementals thus are recycled energy used over and over, the elemental plane itself is sentient on some level and thus wields an enomorous level of power when it "spits" out these elementals it will bestow some level of sentience with it but once used up or killed the sentience and energy is simply reformed into the whole and thus lost.

It has been my understanding that Elementals created on a certain tier of power are more intelligent and permanent

Now, these are elementals that come from the plane itself...if we're talking transformations into an elemental type creature from a being who previously held a spirit then it is also my understanding that certain regions of the elemental planes have domains within them...pockets, bubbles whatever you wish to call it.. lands that are inhabitable for those with a particular transformation. It is my observation that the overall sentience and willpower of the elemental plane allows these to exist as it knows those who rule them will try and spread the elemental plane's influence when it can.

this might sound like elemental plans have some sentience...and underlying motive I would be more inclined to say that Elemental planes have a willpower and a form of sentience we're not quite able to grasp yet. As for motives...any elemental plane will want to expand it's scope of influence.

Planes that are "Ruled" by a magistarium or a council or this or that I would argue are just very powerful beings who control multiple pocket/domains...and their power and influence might be so vast that it seems like the plane is under their control ultimately I think they are just petty feudal lords grabbing at power.

you simply cannot control an elemental force of nature even with a council of beings near or on par with a dragon.

Back