The New Roots Magic Item Library

• Thread starter Deleted member 30620
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30620

Hello friends,

After several gathers of discussing the idea, I am proud to announce that with the help of the New Leaf Academy and many others, we will be opening a Magic Item Library for new adventurers.

We all remember what it was like to take to the battlefield our first time and feel like dead weight next to the more experienced adventurers, this charity is designed to help our new adventurers get a little step up so they can feel they're as valuable as they actually are.

At the beginning of each gather, magic items from the library will be assigned to any new adventures wishing for aid and will be assigned a magic item for the duration of the gather, free of charge. At the end of the gather, the items will be recollected and redistributed again the following gather.

We are hoping to get further aid from the rest of the adventuring community.

Here's ways that you can help:

If you have any low powered or nearly expired magic items you'd be willing to donate or sell to us at a cheap rate so we can add more items to our library.

If you have any higher powered magic items you would like to donate, sell at a cheap rate, or temporarily loan us while we travel alongside the new adventurers to help protect them.

If you have any spare coin you are willing to donate to the New Roots Magic Item Library for the purposes of buying new magic items from auctions.

If you are interested in helping out in any way or know of any new adventurers who may benefit from The New Roots please get in contact with myself. Sprig or Lyn of the New Leaf Academy.

Much Love,
Tal-Herroth

Tal-Herroth,

Is this your private endeavor, or will this be managed by The New Leaf Academy?

-Zeth

This is a cooperative effort managed by myself and the New Leaf Academy. So to answer your question... Yes? Both?

Much Love,
Tal-Herroth

Awesome idea!!! Congratulations for bringing this to the game. I would love to see this in OR too.

Tal-Herroth,

Who will be the primary keeper and organizer of these valuable items? Yourself? The New Leaf? Are you staying with the New Leaf?

I'm hesitant to provide assistance, mostly because you are asking for the donation of items that have significant value, and I am not entirely certain that you and the New Leaf have the resources to protect such items.

That being said, I would be happy to discuss the security and organization of these items privately, assuming you already have a plan to enact with which to keep them safe.

If you do not currently have such a plan, I apologize, but I cannot render assistance.

-Zeth

Ah, yes.

I can promise you that a subject that was quickly addressed and discussed for several gathers between many of us and we have plans in action to keep all of these items safe and secure. Your concern is appreciated. If you would like to discuss it more privately I can do so, however again, these are valuable items as you mentioned, so you will forgive me for not telling you all of our security measures we have put in place, even in a private setting.

I hope the information I am willing to put forth will be enough for your good wishes towards the new adventures to be sated.

Much Love,
Tal-Herroth

First off Hava, as New Leaf Academy operates in Sedovia, Ceriopolis, and soon to be Strayden, this service will be in full force wherever there is a large gather of adventures and when we are likely to come across new "roots"!

Secondly, security and retainment of assets are of utmost importance and I can ensure you that proper precautions will be made for all of the items including special policies for the more extravagant items if/when they are acquired.

Zeth, I know you are a generous soul when it comes to helping new adventurers and if you feel our practices are not up to your standards then that is ok in my book. I know you will still be doing your part to help those in need and in the end, that is what is most important here. That said, it would also be most excellent to have the charity of someone like yourself so I do hope that we can live up to your expectations.

I have spoken with Zeth in private and have sated his curiosity. He's willing to lend aid, though sometimes temporary, where he is able.

I hope I am not speaking out of turn Zeth, I just figured I would put Lyn's mind at rest now if I am able.

Much Love,
Tal-Herroth

I have given items to new leaf in the past. I think they were one shot life spells.

I may have some normal gear I wouldn't mind trading to you for cheap. Also I can't seem to find my necklass I loaned to a young rouge that hung out with a barbarian that was infected with the blight. If I can find them then I may have something.

Xavic

Back