The return of Sade

A

Anonymous

On retrospect, perhaps we should have kept Sade's keep. Then we could have easily shared the responsibility of maintaining the peace in Ironwood.

By the way, does anyone know what Sade is up to now? Surely he resurrected. I doubt Ironwood has seen the last of him. He took the Keep once before, so what's to prevent him from doing it again?

Has anyone been back to Ironwood lately? If so, please update the rest of us on current events.

I'll worry about Ironwood when I don't have a greater entity about to crawl up my town's rear.

Maybe someone without strong local ties might have information for you though.

At this time, I am waiting for my latest report on ironwood and trade there. Anyone may feel free to seek me out and ask about ironwood, and I can tell you what i know so far.

Elendil the Elf said:
Has anyone been back to Ironwood lately? If so, please update the rest of us on current events.

I think we found ourselves a volunteer to go check on Ironwood.

*Thorn's sending seems different, less wild*

I'd go. But...well, I'm a little busy.

-Thorn

Oh yeah, I meant to ask you that a while ago... How'd that trip go?

Johnathan Lancaster said:
I think we found ourselves a volunteer to go check on Ironwood.

Sorry, I'm already on the road, and Ironwood is in the opposite direction.

Elendil the Elf said:
Sorry, I'm already on the road, and Ironwood is in the opposite direction.

Dont tell me that; tell that to the people in Ironwood. The people whom you only seem to care enough to ask about, but not enough to inconvenience yourself in any way to ensure their safety.

Lieutenant. With your permission I would request that I be allowed to take one guardsman and accompany the Caravan of the good Merchant and Ambassador, Kauss, to Ironwood.

This would enable investigation as to this elusive Sade as well as investigating certain happenings pertaining to the curing of the blood tears.

No offense meant to anyone- but why is trade or any other relation being sought out in regards to Ironwood? I questioned the destruction that was left behind the adventurers- but Ironwood is so far away that trade with them or support is rather pointless. There are many townships and communities between this town and theirs, it would be better that they focus on building meaningful relations closer to them.

The support from here is rather pointless. I could as easily support the Dragonlands.... but all they can really hear is a soft voice in the dreams they have. Taking anything but a few individuals from here to there in stealth at this time is nearly insane- the last caravan nearly made itself into it's own grave even when it had the defense of the whole town.

That was only from the threat of the Strega. That caravan didn't even have to deal with the war front closing in from nearly every angle.

I urge you to rethink traveling in such haste with a caravan. If needed I will travel with a small group to Ironwood and we can use some of the more secluded trails to avoid persecution from so many transgressors.

~Balryn

I would tend to agree with you, in fact I do agree with you wholly. They would be better off dealing with the Dwarves directly, and not with goods from Crocevia - but the fact is that Crocevia has many displaced people and Ironwood has much work to do.

The border with the Dwarven lands is still clear, the last I checked, and the dwarves were still allies of Dagliano. Please, Kauss, correct me if this is incorrect? As the Dwarven lands also somewhat border the lands where Ironwood resides, and knowledge is requested regarding said location, I find it to be beneficial to the Ducato, That town and to Kauss that I go in an official capacity as a representative of the Ducato to see to it that the damage caused by citizens of this Ducato is not long lasting or, may it never be, permanent.

Since it does fall to the guard to ensure that trade is maintained and since I have word that at least one individual in good standing wished to continue or establish trade or relations, I find it my duty to go. With the good Lieutenents permission, I shall set off imediately.

Since there seems to be some confusion, I will go over some details. First off, the large caravan is not mine, but the conti's. It is gathering supplys for his university. However anyone who knows trade knows that a caravan doesnt deal with just goods for cash, but more often goods for goods for goods. As such, there are things in the dwarvish lands that we need for the construction of the university, and ironwood is one of the safest (becouse of the lack of woodelves owning the woods) places to get lumber. This town, the university, and the dwarves need that lumber. Now other places in the land might be able to supply said lumber, but in many ways this is the best option. (I feel no need to go into details and bore you all) In addition the influx of trade with them helps make them more stable again, and move to a less slave oriented economy, since goods comming from the dwarves, and going to them, are doing well in price. If you really want to know more about the details of the trading itself, feel free to contact me.

As to the border and pass. The pass is clear, with some snows, but access is not totaly free. Legal caravans may pass, as may any dwarves, but becouse of the blood tears and the war with the saba (trolls) border access is both watched and restricted. If one wants to go through the mountions, you would want to go to the nearest outpost to get some kind of a pass, go with a legal caravan, take a dwarf with you, or I might be able to arrange for a pass of some sort.

On the matter of such travel, for this time, I will see what I can do about arranging safety for the caravan goods that have been comming to town. I expect some delays becouse of this, but I dont think that many people will notice. This does mean that the caravans themselves will most likly avoid town and load/unload in the conti's lands.
Good sargent (I recall your rank being that) I will be travaling into the mountians myself as soon as the bloodtears cure is tested and spread, and you may come with us as well. If the cure works getting to ironwood from that point should be easy.

Lastly Balryn, ironwood is far from us, but not so far from the mountians, as such, for me, trade with them is quite posoble and usefull. Since some places needs aged wood(and dryed) and some need green wood (fresh) the delay in time, and turn arround actally makes things run smoother, at least for the lumber portions.

I think I addressed everything, but if not, please feel free to send a messanger and ask.

If you feel that moving caravans back and forth is prudent feel free to do so. The fact that the country is under siege and evacuating townships is remarkable- the idea of trying to maintain long distance trading routes without having them assualted just seems insane. It places trading goods at risks and draws from the protection of the town.

I'm just not understanding the logic - while the town is short on defenses so much that an evacuation is needed, that there are still enough guards to volunteer protect a lumber and goods caravan? Seems very odd. More so- that they are still undergoing the construction of a University that should instead be a Keep or Fort to actually survive whatever sieges the township in a few weeks.

Daglianans must be merchants in heart... because mistakes such as these on the field of battle are seldom filled with good-fortune.

Perhaps the fates will be good to the caravan, but it sounds like a highly dangerous and costly risk with very minimal returns. Good luck to those who man such endeavors.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
If you feel that moving caravans back and forth is prudent feel free to do so. The fact that the country is under siege and evacuating townships is remarkable- the idea of trying to maintain long distance trading routes without having them assualted just seems insane. It places trading goods at risks and draws from the protection of the town.

I'm just not understanding the logic - while the town is short on defenses so much that an evacuation is needed, that there are still enough guards to volunteer protect a lumber and goods caravan? Seems very odd. More so- that they are still undergoing the construction of a University that should instead be a Keep or Fort to actually survive whatever sieges the township in a few weeks.

Daglianans must be merchants in heart... because mistakes such as these on the field of battle are seldom filled with good-fortune.

Perhaps the fates will be good to the caravan, but it sounds like a highly dangerous and costly risk with very minimal returns. Good luck to those who man such endeavors.

~Balryn

First of, the guards are not from this town, but are from the conti Felagrino(Or I should say he pays them to work the caravans) they are not new, and have been in operation for some time, only recently adding ironwood to the route. They go all over collecting goods for the fantastic university that is in the works right now, and for the most part, only a 3rd of the total caravan is involved in the montain/ironwood part of the trade. The other ones are getting other goods in diffrent places. Some for the university, some to trade for goods for the university. (I find the mystic wood folk dont want the good conti's coins, but they will glady take ale, lumber, raw cloth, ect). Since the wise conti knew of the dangers of this area, and has an eye for adventuers, the university will have more than a few aspects of a keep or hold. Moreso as it is a fine dwarven arcitect in charge of its on site construction.

As a side effect of the Conti's works, the caravans have also been bringing goods to this town. Foods and grains being the 2 most notable, but lumber will be comming in as well. A few of those goods will follow those who left the town recently, but most of them are of the nature to last in storage, and when the people of the town return, they will need the foods and grains and such to live here. Stoping the caravans would be like pulling food out of these good people mouths, and I will avoid that as much as I can.

These caravans are not being run for pure profit, but more for the conti's dream of the most grand university ever. I, myself, do not even make any money on these caravans. I simply manage them in the best way that I can.

As a closing note, the town seems to have been semi evacuated for a mystical threat, while the problems in ironwood and the mountions are a more physical threat. While the adventures in this town are best suited to deal with the local mystical threat, I would have to say that I will do what I can to keep resources coming to this town so that we still have a town for the good people to return to.

Back