The Undead Prince

Since Zahn's last assault on the keep, has anyone heard any reports of this being named Persis being around the Bastion? Given what I was told, he was defeated by the Liche, but not permanently? And I understand if he is gone, Zahn might be destroyed as well?

If anyone hears or sees anything, please let me, or one of the other nobles know immediately.

If anyone might be interested in scouting beyond the borders of Finn Castle to research this situation, please contact me. If you cannot ardently run, heal and fight the undead, you may not be best suited for this particular endeavor.

Thank you,
Lord Galloway

Dear Lord Galloway
I would assist or lead such a venture as you have proposed ,if I may be of help to you and our land in this matter I will.
It is sad that we were unable to sit and speak together this past gathering,for when last we met I was serving drinks,and now I am knighted.
If you have questions concerning the nature and validity of my knighthood[as well you may]or my actions as knight,please speak to those that I have had the honor of serving,both in syrrandor and during our exile.
In service to life and land
Sir Wynn

Sir Wynn,

We'll have some food and drink soon enough.

I didn't question the validity of your knighthood, but now that you're being so defensive about it.....

Wynn, no worries. The Justicar heard of you before, and I've already interrogated dozens of people for the sole purpose of weeding out your dark secrets. So far so good.

I do have one question though....Paladar is your squire? Too much ale one knight or a dare?

Just playing, Paladar. You seem to serve rather well. Again, so far so good.

With affection for you both,

Lord Galloway

Dear Lord Galloway
Upon rereading my letter I must agree that it sounds defensive,and I am sorry for that.
I have confidence in my appointment and station,and for me to worry about such things would not be in good service
to life,land,yourself or to our other nobels.I thought only of your unique perspective my Lord,one moment I am slinging ale and entertaining
in the local tavern,the next shouting orders and leading in battel,and I wished to offer some cushion against this mental blow.
Please keep me inmind concerning this Persis or for any other service.
Very glad of your return my Lord
In service to life and land
Sir Wynn

Wynn,

I was only joking with you.

Thank you for your concern. I should be fine.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but you and I are of equal station. In fact, any who read this should know this as well. You seem to still be addressing me in the manner of a subordinate. You should understand, all of the nobles of this Bastion are of equal station, with the exception of the Justicar, and the Princess. Lord Orin, Lord Southkin, Lord Goliath, the Hierophan (The Border Lords, who I have yet to meet), and myself are all knights within the Justicar's land. We are currently working to further establish an Order, under The Crown of Queen Beah, but that would not change our respective ranks.

Your title is seen as legitimate, and we, Orin, Goliath, Southkin and myself, all accept you as an equal.

In Trust,

Nathaniel

Lord Galloway,

It is good to know that in these times we can all joke with one another. To that end, in answer to your question....perhaps it was too much ale.

I would like to say to you in seriousness however, that you were the first Noble to recognize my skills and I clearly remember the day when you appointed me a Town Guard member in the Hollow. That day bears a good memory for me. Your return brings hope to many as does the return of us all.

Thank you Lord Galloway for returning to us, albeit perhaps against your will.

I Serve with Love and Honour to My Knight and the Nobility of these lands,

~Squire Paladar Beltaine

Sorry, but dearest Nathaniel is sleeping at the moment. Would you like me to leave a note on my chest that he can find in the morning? My deepest apologies for any inconvenience.

Skylar

Monster, you are most unwelcome here. Despite all your ancient cunning, you were outwitted and outfought when you crossed the path of our Twice-Born last. My suggestion to you is to tuck your tail between your legs and keep to the shadows, lest the light of our vigilance burn you further.

Nobody is to reply to the Lich.

-Lord Chamberlain Francis Southkin

Lord Southkin,

Thank you for that.

I think it's best for everyone to ignore the Liche. He seems to merely want a reaction from any who will give it.

Lord Galloway

(Brought into the tavern and posted by a bone golem)

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
Monster, you are most unwelcome here. Despite all your ancient cunning, you were outwitted and outfought when you crossed the path of our Twice-Born last. My suggestion to you is to tuck your tail between your legs and keep to the shadows, lest the light of our vigilance burn you further.

Nobody is to reply to the Lich.

Southkin, is it?

At my worst, I have never been impolite to you, nor to any among you, at least not that I recall.

While these adventures and I have often been on opposite sides of a particular issue, I have never really held any malice towards them. Well, one of them, but that’s beside the point. For the most part, they simply do what adventures do.

I wish only for peace, which I've found only comes with limitless power and invulnerability. That is why I wanted to take the throne of Undeath, but I understand the adventures concerns, and why they chose to rob me of it. I hold no ill will against them, no more than a parent would if his child had broken an expensive mirror. It may have taken a while to build or save up to purchase the mirror, but no matter, it will be replaced.....in time.

You, however, are deliberate, petulant, and sassy, and I do not appreciate it one bit.

So, when I have a night away from investigating these lands, in search of new and fantastic ways to become iconic, indestructible, and what not, I’m going to take a moment out of my busy schedule, and I’m going to engulf you.

And I’ve discovered you are betrothed to the Princess? So I will likely engulf her as well.

And hopefully that will teach you a lesson. Tisk tisk.

S.

PS. And to the Twice-born new comers, please don't try to help them; it will only encourage his rude behavior down the line. And I'll be pressured to harm you in reply. I'd rather not have to deal with that.

The Lich is not to be threatened or taunted. His claims to civility and urbanity are meaningless; he is a monstrosity and he will be fought and defeated should he enter the Bastion again. If he stays away, so much the better; we have graver problems. As Lord Galloway said, he is merely looking for a reaction. I imagine Lord Galloway has no small insight into the thinkings and doings of Skylar. He has, after all, dealt with him in the past.

Ok, but if I were to threaten him I'd say "Your *** is grass and my sword's a moo cow."

Can I follow one of his constructs to find his keep?

Also, do you know where I can find that ninja kobolt I heard about? I want to learn!!!

Dorin

In what manner do you feel that what you have just written here does not violate the noble order I had given regarding threatening Skylar?

I'm sorry Mr. Noble. My ma always says she shouldn't have taught me how to read, cause now I get in all kinds of trouble. I take back what I said about the Liche's butt. Please don't have The Justikaar Oblitikate me. My brother says that hurts.

I won't do it again.

Dorin
P.S. Do you have a squire yet? My dad says I've been born twice, or something? And that I'll be a hero someday.

My title is properly Lord Chamberlain, or Lord Southkin. Mister Noble is so completely unacceptable that I am honestly a little baffled.

It is to your great fortune that I am more lenient now than I was in my youth. I charge you with three counts of Disrespect to a Noble Title and two counts of Debauchery. These combined crimes carry a fee of twenty-five gold crowns. I expect you to be prepared to make payment by the next time the portals become active.

Um...I'm sorry. I only have 3 copper, and that is my life savings. I'm really really sorry Lord Southkin.

Can I work off my fine as your squire, or your stable boy, maybe? Pleeeeeeeease. My father might be really upset with me if I tell I made a knight mad. I'm really good at washing horses and carrying stuff.

Dorin
PS. What's a portal?

If your fine can not be paid in coin or goods, then yes service to the Crown is an acceptable form of compensation. See Lord Southkin at the earliest possible time to begin your service.

Justicar Crowe

Wildfolk said:
Ok, but if I were to threaten him I'd say "Your *** is grass and my sword's a moo cow."

Can I follow one of his constructs to find his keep?

Also, do you know where I can find that ninja kobolt I heard about? I want to learn!!!

Dorin

Wear a piece of yellow clothe from your belt, and i shall find you...

Master Tebbi

Travellers, Adventurers, Friends and Family~

Although I am not a grand fighter or adventurer or hero or any other such thing, and though I keep mostly to my lab and kitchen please do me this small favor and read and take heart to what I have to say.

The nobility of these lands are good folk. They are just, and yes, sometimes harsh; but they do know what is best as they have been here for quite some time and this is not the place you all remember it to be. I have met the Justicar as he was the one to give us the proprietorship of the tavern to run it for profit to ourselves and aid to yourselves. Please don't try to start new fights with the tormenters of this realm. Instead, let's get behind the vigilence of this handful of fine folk and help them to finish what has been started. Running about angering the dark ones is not the way to fight them. I seem to think that, unfortunately, they will find us no matter what we do. No need to poke a badger with a spoon. I am concerned our small torments are like flies on the rear end of a horse. Sooner or later we will get swatted.

And now my rant is finished,
In concern for you all,
In service of the realm and its nobles,
~Z~

Back