The way of the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotta

I have been asked after the matter of consulting the cards to reveal wisdom of what is, was, and may yet be.

Indeed, my people are known for this art. And even among us, Melina Viatsa, Awenydd to the Inutecat Inima, was reckoned among the best.
It is from her that I have the way of the cards, for she was my mother.

Here is the way of things when it comes to the cards:

You pay nothing when we sit to consult the cards (save perhaps a drink, if you are fetching one anyway.) You must, however share your name with me. And then we will together gaze forward, beyond the turning of the river. Having done, we shall part.

In the fullness of time, when it becomes clear what I and the cards have given, you are bound by the ancient ways to seek me out and to render what payment you feel in your heart that you owe.
This may be much.
Or, this may indeed be nothing; though in the event you owe nothing, you must still seek me out, and say to me that our debt is settled, that I may know what has come to pass.

So it was taught to me by Melina, and so it has been from the dawn of my people.

It will please me to sit with you and consult the cards; I do this to honor my mother and people, and to grow in courage and wisdom. It may not please you, however, to know what the future brings. Approach this wisdom with caution, but seek me out if the future draws you.

Teovel deTomros Viatsa

(oog:Scott Auden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back